Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 795886 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #600 on: November 29, 2011, 11:13:31 pm »

Meh, I was more amused letting the siege in. Killed everyone and wrecked the place. Blood and gore everywhere. Almost like it were Failcannon, without the ocean.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 30, 2011, 01:37:06 am »

Meh, I was more amused letting the siege in. Killed everyone and wrecked the place. Blood and gore everywhere. Almost like it were Failcannon, without the ocean.
Eric, if your fort was like FailCannon, it wouldn't be dead for "only" letting a siege in xDDD
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 30, 2011, 04:32:41 am »

If it were Failcannon, a siege butchering the population would constitute an event of minor interest that would barely be mentioned in comparison to the overseer's latest obsessive construction.

reteip9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 30, 2011, 09:54:26 am »

If it were Failcannon, a siege butchering the population would constitute an event of minor interest that would barely be mentioned in comparison to the overseer's latest obsessive construction.

sigged

Also you seem to have missed my redorfing request so here it is again:

reteip9 - soapmaker - Royal Spy - nothing

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 30, 2011, 12:16:31 pm »

The souls of the dead are in turmoil. They instinctively know how it feels when another soul passes over into the Other, finally done with the material world, but the sudden disappearances lately have felt..... different. They do not know what is happening. They can only see my eyes observing it, every time, as I sit here in the plane of particles. They have no idea of what I have found here, of how the world works, of what awaits us. I now realise I have slipped through a crack in reality when I died, thus ending up here instead of where I should be. I have seen these cracks appear and grow, I have done my best to seal them as I find them. I am but one soul, however, and I am busy enough mending the fabric of the universe in Hellcannon alone.

I form up a group of neutrinos, and shear apart another soul. It would be regrettable, but it is necessary. I destroy these souls to absorb their captured tachyons, to incrementally increase my own power. The souls are in disarray. I pay them no heed. I feel I am strong enough now, at last.

I turn the focus of my attention, slowly. I remain within Hellcannon, but I observe another place entirely. I have unmade my eyes; they serve no purpose to me anymore. My attention glides across the land, through mountains, over valleys, it matters not; what matters is its destination. I note the cracks in reality have been growing uncontrollably. I see some other souls who have landed on this basic quantum plane, but they are focused on mending the gaps single-mindedly, not even caring about what is causing them.

My attention finally lands on its destination. The Plains of Ooze. I slow down and creep towards the shore. I can feel it, the overbearing dread and existential terror, the knowledge that there is some
thing out there, something utterly depraved and malevolent. And it is watching me.

I sense a minor gravitic disturbance, a very heavy object. I expand the area of my attention, and gaze upon the monumental statement Failcannon made to the world. The giant golden curse stands defiantly as nightmares that cannot be described even by gibbering madmen swarm out in front of it, an undulating mass of bodies/not-bodies that stretches out all the way back to where they came. I can also feel the malevolence itself, seeping through reality, its tendrils taking the shape of hideously malformed creatures hell-bent on erasing everything that stands before them. Separate entities, creatures that can be killed and torn apart, yet each carrying in its heart the end of a sliver of the Entity, each part of a unified whole.

I finally do what I have been dreading to do since I died. I gaze upwards, across the shore, and look at the source of this evil. Space and time start to unravel not far outside Failcannon. Reality is not just frayed and torn, as it is elsewhere, it is barely clinging to existence, a threadbare pattern of electrons keeping It at bay. This is where it all started, where the first tiny gap in reality appeared, where the first dead soul jumped through the veil separating the spirit world from the world of flesh and took over the mind of another.

There is no more Battlefailed. There is only a gigantic mass, black as darkest night, black as the absence of light itself, an utterly evil malevolence, hard at work trying to unmake reality. I gaze upon it, knowing it can see me, every particle of my existence screaming at me to withdraw, yet I persevere. I look into the blackness, and I see. It was not created when reality was damaged. It did not bend to the will of an evil god and her worldly servant. It is ancient, older than reality itself, drawn to consume the universe, as it has countless times before. It seduced Ura and Led, not by promises of power, but by simply bending their will to its own.

I look deeper, into the Entity's history. It shrieks, a horrifying unsound of pain and anger that cuts through everything and is heard everywhere. Countless new rifts in reality open, and more tendrils, ending in horrifying beasts, creep through. It matters not. I look into the Entity, and I see what it has consumed before. I see worlds of beasts and men, of magic and technology, I see worlds of geth and krogan, I see worlds of vampires and dragonborn, I see worlds of ewoks and klingons, I see dream realms shattered, I see cars and planes, I see crystals and synthetics, I see an endless parade of parallel realities, twisted and blackened and gone, utterly consumed until only the memories remain inside this twisted Thing that consumes all.

Finally, I give in to the impulse to withdraw. I have seen enough of the entity's true being. I feel the main attention of the Entity coming towards me, so I quickly turn my attention back to Hellcannon. I may have penetrated into the creature's core, while it itself is still relatively powerless, but its intrusions into the real world can yet harm me. Its primary avatar
                                                    a twisted stonefly

it comes

doom awaits

The Entity now
           has a name

I will call it

Stuzang is coming

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 30, 2011, 12:29:13 pm »

Oh gog.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 30, 2011, 01:23:03 pm »

Wait, I've been helping STUZANG!!?! 

This is bad.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 30, 2011, 02:28:23 pm »

This is bad.

Nah, he will just get lost in the horrible, twisty passeges of doom that were created to level up a miner.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 30, 2011, 03:28:58 pm »

This is bad.

Nah, he will just get lost in the horrible, twisty passeges of doom that were created to level up a miner.
It's not that I'm worried about Stuzang showing up, it's that I hate him (it?) and the idea of doing anything in his favor is abhorrent.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 30, 2011, 03:29:44 pm »

Ah.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 30, 2011, 07:19:23 pm »

How appropriate that Stuzang is behind it all. Strategia, I applaud you on your advancement of the plot.

compoundoverkillcornbread

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY ENSURES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 30, 2011, 08:08:40 pm »

THIS IS TRULY A HELLCANNON FORTRESS! JUST READING IT SENDS ME TO HELL...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
AWESOME! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:10:53 pm by compoundoverkillcornbread »
haha no, but you told me to be insane. This is just a fragment of my insanity.
Not too insane, please.  We've got the insanity of The Master to deal with, I don't know if we can survive two ponies being totally bonkers
Oh man, I am really testing out the strength of this quote system today...TROLOLOLOLO!!

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 30, 2011, 08:11:24 pm »

Sounds like you let it inside for the sake of nostalgia.  I can understand that.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 30, 2011, 08:28:09 pm »

I fear I may be annoying everyone (especially Mego) with my failed dorfing requests, but i'll try again. D:

Reudh II - Bonecarver - Stoic - preferably to remain friendless; if that means burrowing him in his own little cloister, then cool!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 30, 2011, 08:47:20 pm »

Sounds like you let it inside for the sake of nostalgia.  I can understand that.

Yeah... I miss the good old days when my unarmed, incompetent militia was able to kill at least a few enemies before being slaughtered outright, and a fortress of a hundred or so peasants might actually defeat a siege. Still lost battle after battle until I managed to trade/make equipment. Lately I've just been lazy and fail to train a militia before the first ambushes arrive, so if it's not walled off everyone flat out dies, because a hoard of recruits has no chance to kill even one goblin.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 208