Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797043 times)

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #645 on: December 02, 2011, 11:09:58 am »

Very nice. So thus ends the fourth year of hellcannon's existence. You kept the fort alive after what I would say would be better called "The first battle of hellcannon" as there will surely be many many more.

Third year, Mormota asked to be moved down the list. And the First Battle of Hellcannon wouldn't even have occurred if I hadn't been overconfident and careless. Then again, I'm not an elf.

I did get one thing right; I may have caused the deaths of 2/3rds or so of the fort population, but I'm leaving it a better place. There's metal production with the magma smelter, the first cavern layer is sealed off against anything that can't fly, the second cavern layer will be sealed off as soon as the masons get in gear, the third cavern layer is absolutely 100% guaranteed impenetrable, trust me on this, the food and booze supplies are stocked and if the carpenters and masons stop twiddling their thumbs we'll have enough living space for three times the current population easily. (However, it's still only the clay layer, and room quality is hard to raise unless you dig out the walls and replace them with stone/metal ones.)

P.S. Mind the rear entrance. It's usually pretty safe, and you could even risk sending some dorfs out to collect weapons and other useful miscellaneae that still lie in the snow, but keep a sharp eye out for skwildlife if you do. There's a partial wall around it, for safety reasons, although it isn't finished yet. I'd recommend keeping the doors tightly sealed at all times unless specifically watched, lest some hapless nobody lure a herd of skelks into the dining room.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 02, 2011, 11:17:38 am »

You didn't make nearly as much of a mistake as the time I thought this drawbridge was a wall when goblin sieges came. If we hadn't had a well trained militia...well a lot more dwarfs would have died. And it's not like I did any of the work putting that together either.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:19:30 am by stormtemplar »
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Stuzang

• Escaped Lunatic
  • MmmmmMMMmnn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 02, 2011, 05:35:46 pm »

(trolling removed)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:24:53 am by Toady One »

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
  • Plush rumps as for as the eye can see
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 02, 2011, 05:46:01 pm »

Stuzang, you're dead. How are you still posting? Or is this that Eldritch monster thing behind your existence doing the typing?
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 02, 2011, 06:27:14 pm »

It just makes me wonder what kind of noise is it typing.
For me, it sounds like a cat purring.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 02, 2011, 06:34:10 pm »

For me it sounded kinda like a zombie, which makes much more sense, though still very little.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 02, 2011, 06:39:17 pm »

Stuzang is Aussie Dwarf in disguise.
I just made up this, but then it would make a lot of sense (By a lot of sense, I mean in my headache-suffering brain, it does make sense now)
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 02, 2011, 07:04:44 pm »

I think it hasn't quite got the hang of cause and effect yet.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 02, 2011, 08:10:46 pm »

I prolly wont get a turn so I wont bother, instead can I please have a dorf? my preference is towards engraver, but im not picky. any dorf will do.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 02, 2011, 10:33:48 pm »

Stuzang is Aussie Dwarf in disguise.
I just made up this, but then it would make a lot of sense (By a lot of sense, I mean in my headache-suffering brain, it does make sense now)

No-no-no.  Stuzang was a cheap costume worn by Aussie Dwarf in an effort to scare off the population of Battlefailed so he could have the fortresses' mineral wealth that went horribly wrong.

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 02, 2011, 10:54:09 pm »

So the costume of Stuzang gained sapience, forged an alliance with an Eldritch being, and ascended a plane of existence despite being fake?

Sounds like Majora's Mask to me.
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 02, 2011, 11:23:35 pm »

Fierce Deity Gizogin to the rescue!

I downloaded the save for a quick look, and it gave me one of those moments where I suddenly realize everything that's wrong with the world.

There seems to be a burning ogre sitting happily in the middle of the magma sea.  I'm not sure what to make of that.

If I might humbly suggest a dwarf to become the next Gizogin, I would like to put forward Momuz Dutybells, a butcher, or Litast Heatedkeys, a stoneworker.  No matter which dwarf I become, he'll need to be drafted as a hammerdwarf immediately and given the profession of "Rawmancer."
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 02, 2011, 11:55:05 pm »

has anybody alerted sinpwn yet?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 03, 2011, 12:17:07 am »

Meh, don't bother with Stephen King. IT was pretty good until the end (the movie actually doesn't do the full story any level of justice, but the endings are perfect matches). The books of his I read are interesting, but the ending is ALWAYS a cop-out. It is like he gets bored writing the book and finishes as quickly as possible. I'm not much of a horror fan either, but IT was more suspense than horror anyway... until it tries to become a cosmic horror story.

Don't bother with the bulk of Stephen King's work, but he is actually a good writer with a select few really good books.  The Dark Tower is entirely different from everything else he writes, in style, in content, in quality  -I recommend it highly.  The Stand, Insomnia, and Needful Things (as well as his assorted short stories and novellas) were standouts for me among his other work, but nothing compares to the Dark Tower books.

Edit: I don't think my last redorf request had a chance to go through so - any chance of me getting the legendary bone carver?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:04:00 am by CatalystParadox »
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 03, 2011, 12:43:24 am »

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrR.

From the soul's diary of Lord Reudh, Eccentric (deceased)

IT HURTs.. I havE hEARD IT...

I WAnt My fAmILY BaCK, pLeasE sToP the pAAAin..
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 208