Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 803873 times)

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
  • Plush rumps as for as the eye can see
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #675 on: December 05, 2011, 02:46:23 am »

Journal of Game, 16th Granite 206, Early Spring

Apparently the previous Overlords couldn’t see giant gaping holes in the floor and acknowledge the fact that everything can squeeze through a corner no matter how small unless there’s a 2 foot slab of rock behind it. I’ll point out these flaws in this picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I’ve repaired most of these flaws at the time of the photo being taken.
I’ve also noticed a herd of Skoxen passing by. Normally this wouldn’t need any attention except all of these undead animals had the exact same injuries. Right down to the same locations! Odd isn’t it? I’ll point out the herd in this picture:
Journal of Game, 20th Granite 206, Early Spring

Nothing much happened today besides migrants arriving. There a lot of them though. 19!
Journal of Game, 26th Granite 206, Early Spring

I had a genius idea for a weapon that could potentially double (read: Give us a fighting chance) our defenses against the skeletal herd. Luckily everything I need to throw together a prototype are right next to each other…   
Journal of Game, 1st Slate 206, Mid-Spring

The weirdest thing happened today. A child by the name of Meng Isethsåkal barged into my office, grabbed me by my beard, dragged me down to his level, and began screaming some of the oddest demands before rushing out! Why the nerve of him!
Journal of Game, 10th Slate 206, Mid-Spring

These dwarves are the most idiotic creatures to ever exist in the world. I just had a report that a dwarf had managed to build a wall. However he also sealed himself on the wrong side! Here see for yourself:
Journal of Game, 21st Slate 206, Mid-Spring

A new Forgotten Beast has arrived apparently. According to the people who saw it, it was a giant noseless koala. See for yourself:
Also, remember that rude and insolent child? Apparently he made this amazing mug called Dismalcyclone the Decay of Thorns. He must’ve made in remembrance of the battle of Hellcannon.
I shall take for myself in order to compensate for his rudness.

/OOC that’s probably all I’m going to write about today. Tomorrow my prototype should be up and running. Also no one else has been dwarfed simply because I’m a lazy bum.
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 05, 2011, 02:49:20 am »

Any sign of That Aussie Dwarf in a new 'disguise'?  Strategia mentioned he was going to do something, but I don't think he ever did (If I missed it, my bad)

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
  • Plush rumps as for as the eye can see
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 05, 2011, 04:12:28 am »

I'll try Aussie. How about one of the new migrants? Also its going to take me forever to get through my turn. I only through 1 2/3 of a month so far.

So you want a dwarf called Not That Aussie Dwarf with the profession of Magnificent Bastard?
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 05, 2011, 08:50:26 am »

Journal of Game, 16th Granite 206, Early Spring

Apparently the previous Overlords couldn’t see giant gaping holes in the floor and acknowledge the fact that everything can squeeze through a corner no matter how small unless there’s a 2 foot slab of rock behind it. I’ll point out these flaws in this picture:
I’ve repaired most of these flaws at the time of the photo being taken.

Apart from getting 60% of the population killed, that's what I was doing for most of the year. The problem was that no-one wanted to do masonry at all during the entire summer and autumn, and you can't designate floors and fortifications if dorfs can't reach them yet, hence why it was still unfinished. It was only during the winter that everyone finally decided to get a move on and do what I instructed them in spring.

Any sign of That Aussie Dwarf in a new 'disguise'?  Strategia mentioned he was going to do something, but I don't think he ever did (If I missed it, my bad)

I forgot to do that, my bad. My idea was to have my quantumghost notice a diorite boulder snatching food off the table and never appearing in the same place twice, but it kinda got lost in the whole eldritch-abomination-is-coming thing.

So you want a dwarf called Not That Aussie Dwarf with the profession of Magnificent Bastard?

Not That Aussie Dwarf died, and for clarity's (and sanity's) sake I'd say use a different moniker. Possibly "Definitely Not That Aussie Dwarf" or "Maybe That Aussie Dwarf", or something along those lines.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 05, 2011, 09:25:23 am »

Possibly That Aussie Dwarf?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 05, 2011, 01:14:56 pm »

Not Even Remotely That Aussie Dwarf?
Stop Comparing Me To That Aussie Dwarf?
Who Is This 'That Aussie Dwarf' Anyway?
If This Were That Aussie Dwarf, I'd Eat My Own -Pig Tail Fiber Sock-?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 05, 2011, 04:15:58 pm »

Totally Not That Aussie Dwarf.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 05, 2011, 04:17:23 pm »

Wo Is This Aussie Dwarf You Keep Speaking Of?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 05, 2011, 04:42:22 pm »

Sometimes That Aussie Dwarf?
Probably That Aussie Dwarf?
That Other Aussie Dwarf?
Another Aussie Dwarf?
Twice That Aussie Dwarf?
A Distant Relative of That Aussie Dwarf?
Aussie Dwarf LXXXIV?
That Aussie Dwarf... No That One... No, Actually Not?
Take That Aussie Dwarf?
I Hate That Aussie Dwarf?
Not Another Aussie Dwarf?
If You Call Me That Aussie Dwarf Again I'll Punch You?
That Aussie Dwarf Is Dead Again Get Over It?
Oh Hi I'm That Aussie Dwarf's Identical Twin Brother It's Sad He Died But He Told Me All About You So You Don't Need To Introduce Me To Anyone I Know Them All And If You Want To You Can Also Call Me That Aussie Dwarf We're So Similar We Always Wear The Same Clothes And Can Do The Same Stuff And Have The Same Mannerisms We Even Share A Diary And Always Forget To Write In There Who Wrote What So Actually I'm A Perfect Duplicate Of That Aussie Dwarf And If I Hadn't Explained This To You You Wouldn't Even Have Noticed That That Aussie Dwarf Was Gone So Just Forget What I Told You? Please?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 05, 2011, 08:21:17 pm »

An Aussie Dwarf.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 05, 2011, 08:40:16 pm »

Anansi Dwarf.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 05, 2011, 08:41:29 pm »

ThatNewZealandDwarf

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 05, 2011, 08:45:06 pm »

ThatNewZealandDwarf
I very nearly said that. It was a toss up.  That would have been awkward for us both.  (Mustn't let down the curtain and reveal the puppet show, after all...)
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 05, 2011, 08:46:35 pm »

I'm a magnificent bastard and am controlling the thoughts of everyone in the fortress.

I knew it!

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 05, 2011, 08:51:51 pm »

Almost, But Not Quite, Entirely Unlike That Aussie Dwarf
That Aussie Dwarf: Cave Crocodile Dundee
A Dwarf Named Aussie (You Say The Whole Thing)
There Are Some Who Call Him That Aussie Dwarf
I Am Serious, And Don't Call Me That Aussie Dwarf
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 208