Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797146 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #990 on: December 17, 2011, 09:57:51 am »

You goddamn human!  Any dwarf would look at this small fortress as an opportunity, not a disappointment.
Nah, I could create the unholy nightmare described above, but I probably won't be able to finish it in one turn and definitely will miss out on the opportunity to revel in the completed aforementioned unholy nightmare. When having a choice between managing a 24-soul fortress where one death can mean the downfall and waiting a couple of turns for an unholy nightmare (heh, I like that. Unholy nightmare. Sounds nice), I'll wait. Especially considering that the next turn after that probably won't come before about May 2012.

I flooded Hell with just fourteen dwarves.  With 24 dwarves, properly assigned, you could have a power station set up and an axle down to the magma sea for powered shenanigans of the pumpstack variety.  And even avoid accidental deaths... Probably.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 17, 2011, 10:56:47 am »

Wait, 13 visited z-levels? Does that include the magma pipe? That's definitely more than 13 z-levels down.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 17, 2011, 11:47:38 am »

Added MesACrowd to the TvTropes page.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 17, 2011, 12:05:24 pm »

Or Winrar. Winrar can open 7z, Rar, Zip, and a bunch others besides.

*bans*

Only free and open-source software is allowed in this fortress! Use PeaZip!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 17, 2011, 12:13:36 pm »

Winrar is free, they just beg you extra hard to pay them.

After your trial expires it will give you a pop-up when you're opening a compressed file to view it's contents for extraction, but it's been 2-3 years since my trial expired and absolutely everything is still functioning. I suppose I should update, though...

And Dariush: kill this sad excuse for a 'fortress' within the year and you can have some internet cookies.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 17, 2011, 03:27:11 pm »

What in the eleven hells happened to this fortress?
Corpses every-fucking-where, a good chunk of the fortress flooding, more corpses, Masters everywhere, corpses outside, and a pillar of obsidian next to trader stuff and two pillars of ice. At least there are any corpses at this landmark. Seriously, dude, how did you manage to do it?
Now that I have seen it, I'll draw the random obsidian pillar and the ex-traders (they are no more [irony]I'M SO FUNNY[/irony])
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 17, 2011, 04:21:18 pm »

Corpses every-fucking-where, a good chunk of the fortress flooding, more corpses, Masters everywhere, corpses outside, and a pillar of obsidian next to trader stuff and two pillars of ice. At least there are any corpses at this landmark. Seriously, dude, how did you manage to do it?
Now that I have seen it, I'll draw the random obsidian pillar and the ex-traders (they are no more [irony]I'M SO FUNNY[/irony])

Have you ever watched The End of Time, the Doctor Who episode?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 17, 2011, 05:42:48 pm »

Have you ever watched The End of Time, the Doctor Who episode?
No, I'm not a Doctor fan (It helps that it's only shown in paid TV), but I google'd it, so I understood it. I was more worried about the corpses. There are a bunch of "hot spots", but then thay are strewn around the most unimaginable of all places. Also, the obsidian spike. I don't want to know what rawsorcery was done, but I propose to leave the sipke there, as an unusually uninteresting landmark :D
(Fun fact: I managed to mispell[misspell?] the word "spike" thrice, despite writing it only two times what one time xD)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 05:44:31 pm by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: December 17, 2011, 05:48:13 pm »

I hereby christen the spike, "Armok's Phallus".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 17, 2011, 05:51:07 pm »

Aaaand that will be the entry for FreudWasRight.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 17, 2011, 06:57:17 pm »

Master, how could you even concieve of using dfliquids in a succession game? You're horrible! :'(
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 17, 2011, 07:34:31 pm »

Silly humans! I didn't use dfhack, I PRAYED TO ARMOK AND HE MADE IT RAIN!!!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 17, 2011, 07:36:38 pm »

I use Cheat Engine to hack the variables of Real Life™ and change reality in a way that affects my games.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 17, 2011, 07:54:18 pm »

Silly humans! I didn't use dfhack, I PRAYED TO ARMOK AND HE MADE IT RAIN!!!

Disclaimer:
Not all prayers to armok, or armok related sacraficed, devices or miracles will translate into miraculer rains of magama, obsidian or body parts, neather will it result in any guaranteed containable manner, all prayers should be used at the descretion of the decerning follower of armok, armok is not responsable for missuse of prayers, magma, or obsidian. Any irregularitys in your magma based products are solely the responsability of the worshiper and the quality of their sacrafice and/or prayers. Have a great day!
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 17, 2011, 08:13:39 pm »

Master, how could you even concieve of using dfliquids in a succession game? You're horrible! :'(

We have an obsidian penis in front of the fortress. No matter how The Master made it, it is still an obsidian penis. We're keeping it.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 208