Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797331 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1125 on: December 29, 2011, 02:13:20 am »

Is their dfmp server still going? I can't access them anymore with my clients, at least, but could you give me the url of carnes' site?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 29, 2011, 02:53:19 am »

Carnes' site is cityofminds.info. I know Carnes' DFMP server has been down for a while, but Zeranamu said a while back he was going to try to get his up.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 29, 2011, 11:49:43 am »

Mego, file can't be sent for reasons detailed in a PM I sent you. Either way, I found out how to make text boxes, so I'll probably add some of the more ammusing comments in the threads once I am done with the main stuff. Just done with turn 11.

EDIT: In canse anyone wants to know how long it'll take, there are still 141 pages left in the thread.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:32:08 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 29, 2011, 02:06:18 pm »

Guess I was wronG about the beasts eAting me in my sleep. as it turns out they can't
even get up here. Or maybe they are waiting
waIting for us to grow careless

dArVI is tsill alive too. Slime hauled him back inside while he waws sleeping on the surface
jUST in tome, because shortly afterwasrs the skeletal reindeers started lurking outside
That laughetr, oh Armok that laughetr.
Ho.
      Ho.
            Ho.
                  It gives me the creeps.

But at least were safe in here. nothing can get inside
             and the only person whos incapacitated is conchobar who is sleeping in the HOpsital.
Even darvi only has a few broken bones that don't hinder him too much. hes even                       
happy despite all this chaos. something
         about an epiphany and carp dem. whatever that measn.

-----------
The goblins have arived. I do not know what they were hoping to find because theres nothing here but death.
                         They and the reindeer started killling eachother. Mego says that we are the ones winning that fight.
But we are ont even fighting.
-----------
And now the elves have joined the fray. This is actually fun to watch.                         
-----------
They are dead. They are all dead. The surface is actually completely free from anything that could hurt us. I didn't actually expect it but, things have actually turned for the better. Everybody's currently outside picking up stuff, as long as the coast is clear.

Maybe I was too pessimistic. I don't know. I hope that this stays that way for as long as possible.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 29, 2011, 02:14:33 pm »

Current dwarfing list:

Dorfing list

Name - Profession - Profession Name - Special

Continually Redorfed for Storyline Purposes
Mego IV - N/A - Chaos Crafter - N/A
ProbablyNotTAD - Miner - Magnificent Bastard - N/A
Andreus XVI - N/A - The Immortal - N/A

Gizogin (III) - N/A - Resident Badass - N/A
CatalystParadox - Some bonecarving skill - Slightly Odd - N/A

Continually Redorfed by Request
Remalle III - Axedwarf - N/A - Each death, reincarnated as the next baby to be born
Ledi VI - Any - Crazy Cat Lady - likes cats
Strategia II- Cheesemaker/Military - Prophet of Cheese - N/A
rridgway II- Bonecrafter or Weaponsmith - First Victim of the Failday - N/A
Ogrin II - Spear Dwarf - Eye Poker - Something badass/lone wolf style
Eric II, male only - Highest available agility, other good attributes nice - title: Head Stoneworker - Only mining, masonry, engraving, and architecture enabled
Epithemius II - The Doctor - N/A - N/A
Conchobar III - Axedwarf/Siege Engineer - Revengineer - N/A
The Master - N/A - Eternal Magnificent Bastard - On this list because Mego said so
Urist Imiknorris - Captain of the Guard/Sheriff - Axecutioner - Overcompensates for something with large axes
Kitkun II- N/A - Quietly Watching - Possibly for a higher or lower purposearcangelsd - (I prefer being a mechanic) - !!Nuclear!! engineer - N/A

The Counselor - no gender preference - Doctor - Perpetual redorfing, because I'd also like a turn at running this fort into the ground.

Others
Ghills - Stonecrafting or farming - N/A - likes cats
Darvi - N/A - Rassilon - High analytical ability, low memory and focus, negligible empathy

Stormtemplar - Hammerdwarf - Smasher of goblins (Goblin smasher if it doesn't fit) - N/A
Thor II - N/A - Hammerdwarf - N/A
Newbunkle - Any - DiscoDwarf - N/ADevilEd - Axedwarf - Death Axe - N/A
Reudh II - Bonecarver - Stoic - preferably to remain friendless; if that means burrowing him in his own little cloister, then cool!
Slime - Doctor - Fleshsmith - Chief Med Dwarf if none present, but any doctor will do

Gloopy - Miner/Engraver - Dungeonsmith - Extremely Paranoid

E: FFFfffff....ixed
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:17:28 pm by Darvi »

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 29, 2011, 04:41:06 pm »

They are dead. They are all dead. The surface is actually completely free from anything that could hurt us. I didn't actually expect it but, things have actually turned for the better. Everybody's currently outside picking up stuff, as long as the coast is clear.

Maybe I was too pessimistic. I don't know. I hope that this stays that way for as long as possible.

There's a group of skelk just off-map looking for a chance to pounce. There always is. Have fun when the Second Battle of Hellcannon breaks out, right after you load again. :)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 29, 2011, 05:01:59 pm »

Goblins, elves, and skwildlife fighting each other outside the fortress? Hell yeah, we're the winners!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 29, 2011, 07:57:43 pm »

Not really, because the instant one of them spots a dwarf, they'll ALL charge the dwarf. Can't loot the corpses....
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 29, 2011, 07:59:13 pm »

The Master - N/A - Eternal Magnificent Bastard - On this list because Mego said so
So true.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 29, 2011, 08:30:27 pm »

I found this over at the travesties thread...

And a few from the Battlefailed TV Tropes Page
Bizarrchitecture: By the Dwarves dumb enormous ghost.

Body Surf: The Stars later to the Boatmurdered the sequel and events.

None of tunnels, shafts and into a tomb, proved to do this crazy magnetic masteriffic.

Mad Scient Morality License: Deconstant fly known after won

The last survive outside the hooves of the fortress one ever, being beat the princess in several was to grab a crossbow another dwarves ended, Battlefailed...

— Andreus can communicate Meta Plot.

Masteriffic...

Edit: I played around with it myself and got this:
Hellcannon. Rigged up to the Battlefailed Failcannon, only going down after wiping out more than his share of kobolds. Note that this was a terrible idea."
— Seth Creiyd

"I have no idea where anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the unholy abommination that bought time and safety for the other succession fortress for three entire fortress. Now, Hellcannon itself becomes this after the device above. It's doomsday mechanism 'Faillever was pulled to unleash an army of Eldritch Abominations to enter, Failcannon, Battlefailed.
         Strategia's notes on a brief scuffle with something to another dwarf was being taken over by Andreus' ghost. The joke stuck,
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:39:12 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 30, 2011, 04:38:06 am »

This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen

That's gold.
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 30, 2011, 10:49:41 am »

This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen

That's gold.

No, it's Dwarven Beat Poetry.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 30, 2011, 02:26:52 pm »

That's gold.

No, it's Dwarven Beat Poetry.

FORTRESS MUSICIANS!

...oh wait that would be me.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 31, 2011, 12:44:52 am »

Journal of Gizogin, Ghostly Ghost

Ah, Hellcannon.  It's good to be- wait, no, it's really not good to be back.  I don't know why I returned, to be honest.  I was celebrating Moonstoneween with my family in my previous home fortress, Flameblades.  It was my first opportunity to do so in quite a few years, since they all died when Flameblades fell.  Fortunately, with all the paranormal research I've been doing, I was able to call them up for a few days' celebration. 
Anyway, I'm back now, and I must admit, Hellcannon looks slightly better than it did when I left it.  Not that that's saying much, mind you. 
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 31, 2011, 08:23:40 am »

Oh so, I exist?

Quote from: Darvi linkion of =topic=96005.msg2864319#msg2864319 date=1325186073
Current dwarfing list:

I have once again found a foothold in the mindof one of the fortress' inhabitants, and begun the construction of the talismans necessary for our re-entrance into the physical realm.  From the humblest =cat bone bolt= to a glorious *Reindeer Totem*, each item is inscribed with subtle markings which, though they may appear simply decorative to the untrained eye, in fact infuse the items with eldritch power. 

I plucked this ritual from the mind of Led when we our souls were dragged screaming into the endless void of infinity together in the aftermath of the Faillever, thinking it may indeed be useful someday.  Each talisman gradually but surely weakens the barriers seperating the physical realm and the metadimensional hell in which we are trapped.  With a great deal of patience, time, and hard work, I will be able to bridge us, all of us, the "survivors" of Failcannon, back into this new settlement of Hellcannon, where we may begin anew.

Nothing could possibly go wrong.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 208