Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785490 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1275 on: January 10, 2012, 03:35:46 am »

Never fixed the flooding aquifer... The Master; I condemn you to peasantry for cutting that tiny little hole in the aquifer that is leaking fluid like an elven race horse.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 10, 2012, 03:41:09 am »

At least it's not too bad. I got a plan for fixing it already and so far it seems the flood isn't too severe to make it impossible to pull off. There are a number of options, of course, but right now we need one that won't end up with more of the fort instone flooded.

And the best part is, even if I fail to pull it off, it won't prove disastrous later on!
Well, unless a FB shows up before I replace that one floor+door combo that's required. That might be bad.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 10, 2012, 05:58:39 am »

- Give up, be stricken by melancholy and post the save of a year spent doing fuck-all right after I slit my wrists and submit the post and files with my last breath.

WOAH! Woah, hold on there man... post the save and update, THEN kill yourself.  Otherwise you might pass out from bloodloss before you manage to do the writeup and upload the save.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 10, 2012, 06:06:45 am »

I ensure you, I am fully aware of the amount of blood in my system and how long it will take before I lose consciousness. And looking at how long it takes to finish uploading the save file along a summary of events, this thread can look forward to the last blood-gargled details of horrors that surely will fall upon the fortress of Hellcannon.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 10, 2012, 06:23:48 am »

Even though my go might be carried over into Battlefailed 4, then... I can't wait!

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 10, 2012, 08:11:55 am »

This just in: Experimenting on the aquifer and trying to block the flow soon revealed to me that the flood isn't as bad as I thought. It's actually worse. Like, is the whole god damn section there flooding uncontrollably? I have no idea, really.
It seems it'll take my much more work to get the situation under control than I originally imagined. Should be manageable though. Need to check the layout a bit more to figure out how much I need to build and where.

But looking from the way of things, I imagine it's going to be unlikely that I'll do more than trying to get this place back on its feet. So hooray, a boring round is about to begin!

I guess I'll do the usual "grab and name a dorf for yourself as Overlord" routine too. I already wrote one A4 as a wandering god stumbling upon this hellhole, but god damn this is the most boring shit I've ever written. I'll just redo the whole thing with a dorf instead.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:24:40 am by Ieb »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 10, 2012, 08:51:08 am »

The FB's can't get into the fort any more if you remove that one ramp by the magma pool that has been designated for removal ages ago. Right now that's the only connection to the rest of the underground left.

Also the dorfing list needs to be updated.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:56:40 am by Darvi »

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 10, 2012, 02:01:21 pm »

Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
Quote from: Ieb
- Give up, be stricken by melancholy and post the save of a year spent doing fuck-all right after I slit my wrists and submit the post and files with my last breath.
WOAH! Woah, hold on there man... post the save and update, THEN kill yourself.  Otherwise you might pass out from bloodloss before you manage to do the writeup and upload the save.

Sigged.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1283 on: January 10, 2012, 02:05:29 pm »

So how's the fort doing?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 10, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »

The incident began on the 1st of Granite, like many other incidents before. By the end of the year, many were already betting that this would be known as "the short-lived and futile reign of Ieb Rockconstructs." She took upon the role of Overlord, casting aside her original name and going with what she claimed was "given by the god Lűk himself!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Modernist, was what she from there on referred to herself as, but for the fort, she was "that crazy woodcrafter broad with a log stuck up you-know-where."

And so, the mishaps of HellCannon continue, its reigns now held by a new Overlord.

1st of Granite:
Dear diary. Today I took over the lordship of HellCannon. I had a wonderful dream, you see. I would write about it, but my words could not do it justice! I'll write again soon!

Mood: Ecstatic.

2nd of Granite:

Dear diary. Today I took control as the military commander of HellCannon. We didn't have one, and I had to have SOME title, you know? I'll write again soon!

Mood: Ecstatic to the nth degree.

3rd of Granite:

Dear diary. Today I told the miners that we need to start living like dwarves. I already have plans ready for some living rooms down below! I'm getting a funny rash from all this fungi. I'll write again soon!

4th of Granite:

Dear diary. Today one of the alpaca starved to death. It had a funny rash. I'm concerned. I'll write again soon!

Mood: Worried.

5th of Granite:
Dear diary. Today Tholtig, our weaponsmith, went quite fey. Also, I started drawing plans for dealing with the unfortunate neverending aquifer flood problem we have in the caverns. Hope it works! I'll write again soon!

Mood: Hopeful.

6th of Granite:
DEAR LŰK IT'S KUL WATERSEDUCES THE BAD WICK! I SHOULD START RUNNING INSTEAD OF WRITING THIS THI

Mood: daklsjewiojdsaiojdapwie

7th of Granite:
Dear diary. The military dispatched Kul today. Gizogin lost her whole right hand though. Looks painful. They refuse to stay in the hospital though. Admirable, although she's supposed to be our Chief Medical Dwarf. Does she really know what she's doing? Mosus was the one to kill Kul. She's so cool.

Mood: Worried.

8th of Granite:
Dear diary. Today a skeletal cave crocodile attacked us from the hole in the wall I ordered opened in order to get rid of the flooding. No one was hurt though. Hooray!

9th of Granite:

Dear diary. Today Tholtig finished work on their masterpiece, Tashemunos Tustzalögred, a silver war hammer. I should give this to some hammerdwarf. My instinct tells me so.

8th of Slate:
Dear diary. Today we finally fixed the last leaking spot downstairs. It was easier said than done! It had more holes than my credibility as the leader, or so I heard. Also, my new room is ready! I'll write again soon!

10th of Slate:
Dear diary. Today, migrants arrived, despite the danger. We're getting somewhere! The dream is coming true!

Mood: Ecstatic like a god of revelry.

16th of Slate:
Dear diary. Today, Thor II went berserk. The speardwarf, Ushrir, stood no chance as they were still resting. The military is going in to clean up the mess right now.

Mood: Content.

17th of Slate:
Dear diary. Today, Urist Imiknorris killed Thor II. Also, the last of the migrants arrived today. We now have 51 people in the fort! 51!

OH GOD I AM TOO TIRED TO PLAY MORE THAN HALF OF THE FIRST SEASON TODAY. WILL PLAY MORE TOMORROW I SWEAR.

Things I did this time:
- Mined some real stone rooms, bedrooms for now.
- Plugged all the holes in the roof in the first cavern room. They were leaking like crazy.
- Started planning on my devious plan to plug the entire flooding area. It'll either work or fail miserably.
- Got the whole god damn migrant wave indoors safely. The skelk did not notice 'em.

People who died:
- Some soap maker, I think. Random guy anyway, who was Kul's only real victim.
- The Master, due to BERSERKER, WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKING FUCK, BERSERKERRRRRRRR.

And make fuck he did. Military is now at 7 people, I think.
18 migrants though. Since The Master is on the list of to-be-redorfed, any wishes for who you want to reincarnate as?

As for fort status, we're okay. I have no fucking idea where Kul got in from though, I think the attack was before I made a hole in the cavern room to plug the aquifer leak. Or then it attacked from there. It ended up dead though, thanks to a PUNCH TO THE HEAD!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:51:20 pm by Ieb »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 10, 2012, 03:54:30 pm »

It's good to see a good, old-fashioned update again.

7th of Granite:
Dear diary. The military dispatched Kul today. Gizogin lost her whole right hand though. Looks painful. They refuse to stay in the hospital though. Admirable, although she's supposed to be our Chief Medical Dwarf. Does she really know what she's doing? Mosus was the one to kill Kul. She's so cool.

Wait, I'm the chief medical dwarf?  How, when, and why did this happen?  Also, am I a hammerdwarf, by any chance?  Oh, this is going to make such an awesome journal.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 10, 2012, 04:04:52 pm »

I recall you're an adept swordman who has been ordered to wield an artifact spore tree bow.

I'm not sure if we have any arrows.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 10, 2012, 04:27:29 pm »

Oh man I remember that place where you're putting the bedrooms. Nasty aquifers there.

I recall you're an adept swordman who has been ordered to wield an artifact spore tree bow.

I'm not sure if we have any arrows.
He does frequently run out of ammo while hunting.

And it's not a bow.

It's a Master-made Doomsday Device.

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 10, 2012, 04:27:36 pm »

I felt exactly the same way the other day.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 10, 2012, 04:29:23 pm »

I felt exactly the same way the other day.
The master had a happiness score of over 1000.

It's like he broke the Border of Extasy or something.

He also hated toads. Fitting considering what kind of a dick the Master is.

Also, what do you mean with:

Dear diary. Today I took control as the military commander of HellCannon. We didn't have one, and I had to have SOME title, you know?

Urist Imiknorris had that position.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:31:34 pm by Darvi »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 208