Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797282 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1305 on: January 10, 2012, 07:04:43 pm »

Woo! Updates!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 10, 2012, 08:20:07 pm »

Also, Ieb,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What is this madness?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 10, 2012, 08:23:01 pm »

Alas, I couldn't find any strawberries.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 10, 2012, 08:36:08 pm »

Did TAD-

There will be hell.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 10, 2012, 08:41:24 pm »

Who did what?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 10, 2012, 08:41:33 pm »

HOLD ON A MOMENT, SINCE WHEN DID I NEED TO BE BURNED?! DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY MASTERS THERE WERE, YOU SIMPLY NARROWED THEM ALL OUT! THAT'S NOT THE REAL ONE, THE REAL MASTER HAD HIS GENDER CHANGED AFTER BEING MARRIED, THEN HE WAS KILLED!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 11, 2012, 12:28:40 am »

Well if that's true then... You use the utilities way too much without informing anyone.

Now go find the woman married to another, dead, woman, find the dead woman's corpse, and toss it into the magma sea!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 11, 2012, 02:53:11 am »

I hate to ask, but it's a really long time. Any ETA on my dorfing? As I said, just putting someone into the military with a hammer assigned to them would be fine.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 11, 2012, 03:45:41 am »

Thanks to your post right now, I'll do it right after I start playing DF today.
There are a bunch of migrants anyway, and we now have a legendary weaponsmith.

All I need to do is to find some god damn cassiterite, expand the magma smithery and... yeah. A bunch of stuff to do.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 11, 2012, 07:03:53 am »

I hate to ask, but it's a really long time. Any ETA on my dorfing? As I said, just putting someone into the military with a hammer assigned to them would be fine.
Your dorf's been and gone.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 11, 2012, 04:31:57 pm »

26th of Felsite:
Dear diary. Today I made a fool out of myself amongst the citizens, stomping and tantruming over the situation at the flooding caverns. I must thank whoever thought it was a great idea to irrigate the cavern with fortifications in the narrow paths down there, but why did they have to start the flood in the first place, I must know.

Four dwarves so far have been pushed through one of the fortifications in our quest to try and stop the flood. Worst so far is a bruise, but the situation is unwelcome.

Mood: Annoyed.

27th of Felsite:

Dear diary. Today I received word that first of our many-to-be industrial districts has been finished. Pretty nicely done, if I must say so myself!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mood: Ecstatic.

As summer arrived, people were genuinely surprised of the low deathcount the fort had had in the past season. Many did mention however that if the new Overlord hadn't gotten their unmentionables in a twist over the everflooding cavern, Gizogin would still have their arm and that who-was-it-again of a Soap Maker would be alive.

And as for Ieb, she was ecstatic, brimming with ideas. If the previous Overlords had been all about hanging onto survival, then she was all about making something great out of the fort. Which, considering it's past, was not something anyone said with a straight face, unless your name happened to be Ieb.

Truly, if not for her dream, even Ieb would have let this fort be run down like a stray mutt under a wagons wheel.

18th of Hematite:

Dear diary. Today, Eric ceased to be Mayor, replaced by armageddonCounselor by majority vote. Also, Bomrek, one of the migrants, a Miller by their trade, was assaulted and killed by a troll today while we are working on sealing the flood in the caverns.

Mood: Hopeful.

28th of Hematite:
Dear diary. Today, we finally finished work. Yes, we have defeated the never-ending flood! To come and join the party though was a great crocodile, it's stinger glistening with poison! Our soldiers met it in combat and luckily, no one was injured. The beast was killed by our novice hammerdwarf, stormtemplar. Oh, excuse me. Stormtemplar the Second.

OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH FOR TODAY.
Stuff I did:
- Stopped the never-ending cavern flood. Just because I'm a jerk here's a hint that I assume everyone will miss: If you remove ANY of the built walls or supports in the walled-off section in the 1st cavern layer, all the 7/7 water that will have built up will flood down and probably fucking kill everyone. Or at least everyone important.
- Military is back to 10 dorfs. Redorfed stormtemplar as a hammerdorf.

Stuff that I will now start doing:
- Find some fucking cassiterite so we could get at least bronze for weapons and armor by ourselves.
- Start mining real rooms in stone. The already excavated areas will be repurposed as I see fit.
- MAKE MORE LEGENDARY WEAPONSMITH WEAPONS.

EDIT: Oh right, elves showed up to trade, but by the time I got the Depot up, a skeletal polar bear showed up and- Well, there were no survivors. A lot more trader crap aboveground now, a shame.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:43:57 pm by Ieb »

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 11, 2012, 05:07:40 pm »

And another!

Nice work, I'd almost given up on this, but now it's nice to finally see some good updates with pictures.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 11, 2012, 05:24:03 pm »

His name's armageddonCounselor.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 11, 2012, 05:46:32 pm »

Whoops. I probably had it right the first time, but due to one small part of the flooding cavern spot being impossible to fix after I spotted it, a bunch of dwarves ended up washed down a ledge and dying. Most of 'em named, so I decided to savescum because god damn I wanted that fucking leak fixed and half of the update was rewritten.

Unfortunately the savescum also retconned the possession of Andreus, who made a spiffy obsidian mechanism. Oh well. Better to have those 10 dorfs living than one artifact(who's maker also was among the dead due to floodwater), right?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:55:56 pm by Ieb »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: January 11, 2012, 07:06:31 pm »

But that obsidian mechanism would have been perfect for my project! The magic Andreus instilled in it could make my dreams possible!

For the rest of the fort, though, it's probably best that you savescummed.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 208