Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785439 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1350 on: January 12, 2012, 07:29:10 pm »

with no medical training
That's technically untrue.
Oh?  Did I somehow gain medical experience without my knowledge?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 12, 2012, 07:39:46 pm »

Yeah, I should be on it to.
Reading comprehension fail.

with no medical training
That's technically untrue.
Oh?  Did I somehow gain medical experience without my knowledge?
I think you started out with it. Migrants and all that shit.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:41:35 pm by Darvi »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 12, 2012, 07:42:31 pm »

Yeah, I should be on it too.
Reading comprehension fail.

Seems fine to me.  I certainly didn't just fix that typo.....

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 12, 2012, 07:45:28 pm »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 12, 2012, 08:45:15 pm »

I am not on the dorfing list! This is unacceptable!

Dorfing request as per forms: Deathsword - Bookkeeper if there is none, otherwise a Swordsdwarf (or both) - Obstructive Bureaucrat - If there are any non-sociable dorfs avaiable, dorf me as that, if not I don't care which one.

Ahem. The dorfing list in the main page seems incomplete.

I thought I saw you on Darvi's last list, so I didn't bother adding you myself. That has been fixed.

Journal of Mego, Chaos Crafter

Ieb has just ended her term as overseer. With nobody stepping up to rule, it is the perfect time for my plan to hatch! Its wings will spread as it soars over Hellcannon, showing the might of the fortress to the entire universe! The other dwarves here think I am a descendant of the expedition leader to this place. They do not know that he and I are one in the same. I have merely been body surfing while I wait until the time is right for my ascent to power. Nobody can stop me now. The great plans that I had for this fortress have been delayed for 6 years, all because I took a wrong turn on the way here. But now, they shall be delayed no longer.

Many of the inhabitants here have forgotten our original quest: to discover why the expedition parties sent to the ruins north of the fortress keep disappearing. I have my suspicions, and if they are true, we must not wait any longer. The threads between worlds grow thin. It is only a matter of time before the infernal demon crosses over into our plane and corrupts the very earth we live in. But, to stop her, we will need some very special items. Items containing the same hellish power that the demon uses to destroy. There is only one source of such demonic power. We will need to capture the very essence of demons.

I am calling a meeting with my associates here, CatalystParadox and ThatAussieDwarf. They, like me, have been in disguise for 6 years, quietly observing the fortress. We will decide our next moves, and begin executing the Master Plan.

Turn list
11. Mego

Beware the ides of Opal.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 12, 2012, 09:03:27 pm »

I thought I saw you on Darvi's last list, so I didn't bother adding you myself. That has been fixed.
I don't see any changes.

You also failed to account for the Masters, Urist's, and Gizogin's dorfing as well as the death of Thor, Stormtemplar and Deviled. Among others.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:05:02 pm by Darvi »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 12, 2012, 09:38:31 pm »

Blargh. I don't have time to keep up with who is alive and who isn't; I have masterminding to do!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 12, 2012, 10:00:10 pm »

At the very least copypasting my last list would'nt've taken too much time.

And you're not eve alive how are you supposed to do any masterminding?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 12, 2012, 10:45:32 pm »

At the very least copypasting my last list would'nt've taken too much time.

And you're not eve alive how are you supposed to do any masterminding?

1. Did that.

2. That's what you think.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 13, 2012, 12:17:32 am »

Ephitemiius is dead, AC got dwarfed, and I know it's you TAD.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 13, 2012, 07:13:20 am »

Oh boy time to write something. I hope it doesn't turn out to be complete trash like most of the time I decide to write something!

Epilogue.

Lūk's Abode was a seldom visited place, even after Ieb had stepped down and declared it a site of worship for the god of inspiration. Maybe there just were not many devoted worshippers, she often thought to herself, or maybe the dwarves in HellCannon just did not feel that their gods were there with them, in the desolate frigid lands that they called home. And who could blame them, with the herds of skeletal creatures stalking about, their snow-covered remains shambling and charging at anything lived.

As such, it was a surprise to her when the one of the doors opened. And of all the people that could have entered, it was Tholtig. She was the weaponsmith who had created the magnificent war hammer last year, the one who Ieb had praised whenever she got the chance, that it was the will of Lūk to provide instructions how to create such a powerful weapon. Tholtig however, was not a worshipper of Lūk, she always had believed and even said that if a god had part in her work, it was Kadōl, the dwarven god of fire and metals. An apt connection, even Ieb had to admit, but she had remained adamant that it was Lūk who had helped Tholtig.

"Peculiar, isn't it?"

Ieb began pondering out loud, watching at the rose gold statue in front of the electrum sacrificial table, the statue a rather well done piece of art of a dwarf.

"In a temple for Lūk, there's not a single statue of Lūk himself."

It was an accurate observation, besides the rose gold statue the subject of the other statues were that of dwarves, as well as a platinum statue of a spotted wobbegong. One piece of religious art had managed to find it's way to the temple however, but even that was a dwarf prostrating to worship the god Lorbam Patterneddragon, the god of order and duty.

"Perhaps you should commission someone else to make a statue of them then?"

Tholtig rarely had spoken to Ieb personally, only whenever they were with a group of dwarves and even then most of the discussion was Ieb praising Lūk for whatever it was that was happening. Now that her reign was over however, she had stopped parading for her god and spent a lot of time in the Abode.

"No, I think this is fitting. Lūk is not a selfish god, and I think they get along well with Lorbam anyway."

For a self-appointed High Priestess, Tholtig had to note the heavy armor Ieb had equipped herself with. The silver war hammer on her side was a masterwork that Tholtig herself had made, not as great as the one she had created and named herself, but a formidable weapon anyway.

"I heard you're looking for recruits for this 'Vanguard of Lūk' of yours. Is that what Lūk told you to do as well?"

Suddenly and out of nowhere, Ieb laughed.

"You're asking me if Lūk told me to do that in a dream? You really want to know?"

As she turned around, there was a mischievous look on her face, something that Tholtig had not seen during her reign. But there was still that strange look in her eyes, like she was still under some fey mood.

"Hey Tholtig, can you keep a secret?"

The question was said in the same amused tone that she had laughed with. Tholtig did not know what to answer to the question, but it was curiousity that had brought her to the Abode. If she did not know better, Ieb somehow knew that it was what Lūk had told her that had made Tholtig find Ieb. The weaponsmith nodded silently, stories of gods meddling with the lives of dwarves and giving them instruction were something she had heard during drunken storytelling when she was a child, from soldiers to craftsmen, and now she was about to hear another story like that from Ieb herself.

The High Priestess looked at the doors as if she was expecting someone else to walk in on their conversation, or if she was trying to see through the doors and into the corridor as if there might be someone eavesdropping on them.

"It's a lie."

For a moment, Tholtig was not quite able to understand what she meant.

"I never had any dreams with Lūk, saw signs or heard voices."

Tholtig did not know what to say, what to think about what Ieb had just told her so bluntly. As such, she did not think twice before stating the obvious.

"So you lied to us?"

Ieb seemed quite nonchalant about the matter, shrugging off the accusation.

"You could say that. It's not like I said all the things I did just to make some profit for myself, although I have to admit, I like my new bedroom."

The High Priestess laughed again. The weaponsmith did not look pleased at all, in fact even Ieb could tell that she was getting angry and fast.

"We're all just doing our part here, you know? You as the weaponsmith, Urist as the Captain of the Guard and me? Well, I'm just a High Priestess now, but before that? I just did what seemed the best."

"Lying to everyone just so you could be the Overlord?"

"Claiming that you work under a god is such a powerful statement, isn't it? I don't know if anyone really believed it though, maybe they did. But you know, I did that just so people would have something, someone to believe in. This place isn't really somewhere you'd want to raise your kids at, hell, somewhere you would want to visit even if the alternative was death. But what can we do, it's the King's will."

From there on, Tholtig only listened, angry as she was, to Ieb's little story of deception.

"It's not even our business really, why Battlefailed and Failcannon were destroyed, you know? I guess the King just wants to know what that old crone of a Queen was up to, sending dwarves to distant lands where they just disappeared. I would have used scouts myself rather than sending dozens of dwarves here to die, but I'm not the King. And so, here we are."

"I'd heard the rumors already when I decided to join the migrants traveling here, that if it wasn't the undead that would be the death of you it would be the goblins of Abras. But like the humans say, curiosity is a dangerous thing that kills cats. Or how did that saying go again? Anyway, this is a horrible place to live in. Our rooms were dug in soil, moss grew on furniture where it could and everyone had been hardpressed to fight the goblins with whatever we could get our hands on, and really, wooden armor from elves? That was no way for a dwarf to live."

"So I took a chance, threw Lūk's name into the air and I was the Overlord. All the plans I did, sealing the cavern flood? Nothing but good old dwarven ingenuity rather than godly guidance. I made everyone work hard so we could be dwarves again."

Tholtig finally cut in on Ieb's monologue.

"I could just leave and tell everyone that you lied to them."

Ieb did not seem to mind at all even if Tholtig really meant it, just laughing it off again.

"Maybe. But what's a little white lie in a place like this? Which do you think people would prefer to hear, that their Overlord pushed them to improve the way of life around here by orders of a god that had decided to grace them with their help and guidance, or that she lied and did everything by herself? What I tried to do was give them hope. That even in here we dwarves could do something with our own strength rather than huddle in rooms of moss and soil, wondering when the goblins would break the entrance or undead would storm in and kill us all. I'm not the one who writes history though, when my time comes I'll leave it up to whomever is left to write all about how I led dwarves through godly guidance, or how I led them thanks to a lie."

"You are a horrible person."

Ieb laughed even harder now.

"I am, aren't I? I think you've heard more than you'd like now and we both have work ahead of us. I need to go looking for some recruits for my Vanguard, you know?"

The High Priestess walked out of the room looking like she was confident that no matter what, the weaponsmith would not tell anyone what Ieb had told her. Tholtig stayed in the room for a while after Ieb had walked out, before looking at the statue of Lorbam, as if looking for guidance. She did not worship him, but she could not help but wonder what should she do in the name of order and duty.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 13, 2012, 07:48:48 am »

I tried to stay friendless.
But there's something about the dwarves of Hellcannon that I find calming. I have friends now, FRIENDS. I never had friends before.

I have a friend called CatalystParadox. She's uh, I forget what she does. I think she's a mechanic. She insists she's 'slightly odd' though. She's nice.

My other friend is this quiet dwarf called Kitkun II. He's famous in this fort for making a bone artifact. He's 'quietly watching'... LIke I said, there's something about the dwarves here that I can't quite put my finger on. We're all... strange in some way.

I have three other friends. I don't remember their names. I'm not so good at friendship yet. But they don't seem to mind that I don't know their names, only that I know their professions.

I'm getting pretty good at this masonry lark. It's pretty fun. This overbearing woman called Ieb just points her finger at the workshop, and somehow I know what she wants. Be it a door, a wall placed somewhere or coffins, I just know.

At the moment I'm attending a party. The Gem Cutter's the one hosting the party. She's nice too. I think it was her sixty-eighth birthday today.

So many unspoken women in this fort... somehow I feel I should do something about it.

Diary of Reudh II.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 13, 2012, 08:26:59 pm »

Ephitemiius is dead, AC got dwarfed, and I know it's you TAD.

Damnit why can I not read? It's like I've got this pounding in my head constantly.

Update later tonight. I may have just foreshadowed something in the plot. Oh yeah, I'm going to be doing a lot of plot stuff during my turn. I'll try not to break our nice things.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 13, 2012, 09:43:03 pm »

I was just going to ask for a turn, but I noticed I'm number 32 on the list. huh
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Esta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 13, 2012, 10:09:15 pm »

Hmm... I'd like to be dwarfed, if you don't mind. Male, militarydwarf if possible.
After that 0 population bit, who knows what'll happen in this fort [and likely Battlefailed 4, when it comes up]....

Edit: Oh, sorry about that. Couldn't find a template everyone was using - they keep using different ones.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:16:40 pm by Esta »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 208