Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 796187 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1425 on: January 19, 2012, 09:19:21 pm »

If CatalystParadox fused with us, even the demons in Hell would fear our might lunacy.

I assure you that my silence of late is to be taken as ominous.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 19, 2012, 11:47:52 pm »

If CatalystParadox fused with us, even the demons in Hell would fear our might lunacy.

I assure you that my silence of late is to be taken as ominous.

Speaking on behalf of the realm of Hell, I must say that I'm very disappointed in your coherent and sane fortress.  Hell will settle for nothing less than a fort of maddwarves beating eachother to death with a sock in one hand, and fending of demons with a copper pick in the other as they argue over booze, how to kill elves, and what sort of superweapon they should build.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 20, 2012, 12:24:14 am »

Aussie, you of all people should know what I have planned.

Hellcannon is not a misnomer.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 20, 2012, 01:41:57 am »

From the diary of Reudh II - Stonecrafter of Hellcannon

...Wow, it's been quiet around here.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 20, 2012, 04:37:55 am »

A function Hellcannon would be a one-shot weapon, Mego.  You'd need an isolated passage down from the surface to one of the adamantine spires, right down to the fatal digging point (Or suspend a block over it controlled by a lever).  Pop the seal and out fly the demons to attack things on the surface.  Preferably with the fortress sealed tight.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 20, 2012, 04:41:20 am »

New overseer, less than ten turns before me... Think I'll take a chance at a redwarfing.

Vegdrasil - Something very dwarf-like - Dark Templar - Let me know what my profession is before the dwarfing, please.
Did this get missed? Or did I just get dwarfed and then immediately killed?
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 20, 2012, 04:45:44 am »

A function Hellcannon would be a one-shot weapon, Mego.  You'd need an isolated passage down from the surface to one of the adamantine spires, right down to the fatal digging point (Or suspend a block over it controlled by a lever).  Pop the seal and out fly the demons to attack things on the surface.  Preferably with the fortress sealed tight.

....Unless you separated the demons into little clumps somehow. Then you might get....4-10 shots. Maybe more....depends how many demons you get and how well they could be split up....maybe use cave-ins to seal them into small rooms, and sacrifice a dwarf with each shot to let them into the "barrel"?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 20, 2012, 04:49:23 am »

....Unless you separated the demons into little clumps somehow. Then you might get....4-10 shots. Maybe more....depends how many demons you get and how well they could be split up....maybe use cave-ins to seal them into small rooms, and sacrifice a dwarf with each shot to let them into the "barrel"?

Wouldn't work.  When I built the Checkerboard, I learned that if you seal the demons off for too long, (as I did when trying to prevent the necessary sacrifice of a masondwarf) they ignore the "GO DIRECT TO SURFACE" programing for regular creature code.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 20, 2012, 08:28:53 am »

You could wall off hell like Aussie did, then create a designated area where demons can spawn and use a trail of chained cats (or nobles) to lead the demons to the barrel chamber, which is superpressurized with water and used to launch the horrors of the underworld at elves.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 20, 2012, 08:53:48 am »

You could wall off hell like Aussie did, then create a designated area where demons can spawn and use a trail of chained cats (or nobles) to lead the demons to the barrel chamber, which is superpressurized with water and used to launch the horrors of the underworld at elves.

Demons ignore water flow (I THINK) and they'll just sit on the map edge in the designated spawn area rather than wandering around Hell/the tunnel built from said spawn area to where you want them.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 20, 2012, 12:23:20 pm »

Uhhhh how do we get rid of the demons after firing?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 20, 2012, 12:36:26 pm »

They'll eventually leave the map similar to animals, right?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 20, 2012, 01:50:45 pm »

They'll eventually leave the map similar to animals, right?

So Battlefailed unleashed Stuzang upon this dimension, Failcannon weakened reality further, and now you propose Hellcannon unleash the numberless demon hordes on the world?

What could possibly go wrong?

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 20, 2012, 05:18:50 pm »

Probably that we run out of horrors to unleash onto the world, get bored and that's the end of it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 20, 2012, 05:51:03 pm »

When I unsealed HFS they all pathed up the spire and all settled at the sealed point- when unsealed only the ones at the front flew/walked out. That was still a rather large number though. I imagine they'd need masses of bait for it to work, be it dwarves, elves, whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 208