Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785415 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1440 on: January 20, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »

Was anyone dorfed/re-dorfed in your turn? If yes, can you list them?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 20, 2012, 07:13:49 pm »

I have not taken care of dorfing yet. I will probably do that next update. It will most likely come on Sunday.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 20, 2012, 08:34:46 pm »

I imagine they'd need masses of bait for it to work, be it dwarves, elves, whatever.

Then the plan has no downsides, yes?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 20, 2012, 08:46:25 pm »

I imagine they'd need masses of bait for it to work, be it dwarves, elves, whatever.

Then the plan has no downsides, yes?

I actually described a way to safely release the demons in my own description of a Hellcannon - Drop a pillar onto the lowest floor in the spire to breach Hell via a lever.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 21, 2012, 02:54:03 am »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 21, 2012, 03:00:28 am »

I'm certain this plan has a number of fatal flaws

It does; they'll destroy the first set of doors/hatches as they pass them.  They'll stop at the second set, linger a bit, then return to Hell.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 21, 2012, 03:09:31 am »

What if we triggered a cave-in behind the demon horde instead?  With natural walls, so they'd be sealed in with nothing destructible to break through, it might work.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 21, 2012, 03:26:54 am »

They destroy bridges too, don't they?
[FAKEEDIT:] Apparently they don't if the outside of the raised drawbridge is the side they're on.

Perhaps having a series of very short drawbridges back to back to form rooms that when operated by a lever open the rooms to allow them to path.

Or easier, have a series of levers attached to the bridges to gradually lift them up the hellcannon, like an archimedes screw for demons if you're understanding me.

Like- have one lever attached to the up facing bridges and one attached to the down facing bridges.
Ahm... would this work?

Bridge facing up
Bridge facing down
Bit of space for them to path to
Bridge facing up
Bridge facing down

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 21, 2012, 07:57:35 pm »

I would think the best possible configuration is to simply put a hatch over the area you want to trap them in (because they couldn't smash a hatch overhead) and lock it before they get there, then hook it up to a lever for the release. If the hall is long enough to provide time for a dorf to pull a lever, you could use a rigged block of stone to keep them from travelling back down to hell.

This plan is going to end horribly, which is awesome!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 21, 2012, 10:10:57 pm »

Now, hang on a minute.  My turn is coming up, and I'm not sure I want to have to wait for Battlefailed IV (This Time, it's Personal) to be able to take it.  On the other hand, with the next release seemingly right around the corner, it might be fun to be the one to start the new fortress in DF2012...
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: January 21, 2012, 11:19:14 pm »

Now, hang on a minute.  My turn is coming up, and I'm not sure I want to have to wait for Battlefailed IV (This Time, it's Personal) to be able to take it.  On the other hand, with the next release seemingly right around the corner, it might be fun to be the one to start the new fortress in DF2012...

Hmmm. Wait. 2012. Battlefailed IV. BATTLEFAILED IV WILL END THE WORLD.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 21, 2012, 11:46:46 pm »

We figured that out several pages ago. I support holding off on BFIV until DF2012. Perhaps we could take some time to learn from our experiences. Or, better yet, we could plan out megaprojects that are sure to fail.

In other news, my mind just ran a decathlon. I am pooped.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: January 23, 2012, 12:36:40 am »

Anyone mind dorfing me? (goddamn ive been gone for awhile)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 23, 2012, 06:45:03 pm »

Gah shit I forgot to post the update. It will happen as soon as I can retrieve it off my other computer, which lacks an internet connection.

Looking at the update, it seemed way too long for one single update, so I will be splitting it up into two or three different updates.

Hellcannon News: End of Spring

18th Felsite
It seems that ThatAussieDwarf left out two important layers of his blueprints. We are examining the site of the trap today to determine if the necessary changes can be made. If not, I will have him hanged.

19th Felsite
Construction continues on my throne room. It is currently superseding the construction orders on the trap. I'm not sure if I approve. As long as both get finished in time, however, I will be happy.

23rd Felsite
Progress is being made on all projects. Images are not allowed to be made of the trap, in the interest of fortress security. However, I will gladly show off my throne room once I finish it. The rat bone throne makes a great seat. I am creating a stone stockpile on the floor below the workshops. It will give us a place to store all of our stone, plus allowing our miners to get more experience.

Other important stuff: Gloopy and Remalle have been dorfed for a while, but I didn't notice to mark them off. Deathsword and Ahrimahn have been dorfed, images incoming as soon as I can figure out why screen capture isn't working.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 09:28:33 pm by Mego »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 23, 2012, 10:05:40 pm »

Hellcannon News: End of Spring

18th Felsite
It seems that ThatAussieDwarf left out two important layers of his blueprints. We are examining the site of the trap today to determine if the necessary changes can be made. If not, I will have him hanged.

Blupri- YOU'RE BUILDING A CHECKERBOARD!

Looks like you missed the text-only bit about me saying to leave two levels between the board surface and the storage tanks so the liquids can flow freely, huh?.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 208