Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 793981 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1665 on: February 13, 2012, 07:50:42 pm »

Look at the link in my sig.  It's the checkerboard thread and it'll tell you everything you need to build one in the OP.  The only thing you need to know is the magma and water tanks each need to be HALF the size of the game board, not the same size.  I believe Mego already discovered that you need to also put the tanks two levels above the game board, not one.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 13, 2012, 08:40:08 pm »

left over from the last world

I think Eric's finally gone nuts. What "last world"? Xemorid is all there is, and all there ever was. If the gods hear how he speaks, we may be short one Head Stoneworker soon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 13, 2012, 09:37:24 pm »

Hey! Stay out of my journal you lot of nuts! What sort of goblinly ethics is that, invading others' personal space?

I still deny that Aluonra is 'just a myth'. I'll prove it!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 13, 2012, 11:03:22 pm »

*thread hop*

Um hello. Are you guys still planning on making Hellcannon a literal hellcannon?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 14, 2012, 09:43:55 am »

Argh, the new release couldn't have come at a worse time.  Now I have to choose between ending my turn early (thus sacrificing the turn I've been waiting for since Failcannon) or finishing the entire turn (but having to wait longer to get into DFVD).
*thread hop*

Um hello. Are you guys still planning on making Hellcannon a literal hellcannon?
I wasn't planning to, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 14, 2012, 10:30:32 am »

I'd say finish your turn.  That way you'll have time for any bugfix patches that happen in the next few days

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 14, 2012, 12:00:02 pm »

Argh, the new release couldn't have come at a worse time.  Now I have to choose between ending my turn early (thus sacrificing the turn I've been waiting for since Failcannon) or finishing the entire turn (but having to wait longer to get into DFVD).
*thread hop*

I wasn't planning to, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

Time to spend a bit on my clown launcher fortress then...
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 14, 2012, 10:53:11 pm »

Never mind, new DF release!!!

Time to draw up my plans for the next battlefailed sequel...

(Hint: It involves dumping all of the fortresses corpses, dwarf, goblin or otherwise into a 1x1 pit with a drawbridge linked to a random solely used but preexisting level. I call it...

FAILLEVER 2.0)

But seriously, the next fortress must die to a combined zombie apocalypse, werewolf infestation, vampire infiltration, clown invasion, simultaneous goblin, human, and elven sieges, a loyalty cascade, a tantrum spiral, a fire, dragons, forgotten beasts, and zombie crundles.

Do dwarves have a word for "Rasputin" by the way?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:56:09 pm by Archereon »
It was inevitable.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 14, 2012, 11:26:39 pm »

They sure do, it's Oltuloningul.

I used one of the possible translations of Rasputin, ie. распу́тица / muddy - road - season / rasputitsa to translate it into Dwarf, because I knew those three words making up Rasputitsa were in the dwarven language.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 14, 2012, 11:53:53 pm »

I used one of the possible translations of Rasputin, ie. распу́тица / muddy - road - season / rasputitsa to translate it into Dwarf, because I knew those three words making up Rasputitsa were in the dwarven language.

Uhhhhhhhhh.......... you know this how?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: February 15, 2012, 12:08:25 am »

Uhhhhhhhhh.......... you know this how?

Can we name the next fort something that includes that words? You know for (!FUN) luck and a great deal of irony/awesomeness if the fort actually dies such a Rasputianian Death. Considering how the rest of the forts died, I say we have a 50 50 shot. (Battlefailed: Stuzang comes and kills everyone out of nowhere. Failcannon: Fort takes multiple tantrum spirals, a loyalty cascade, then rocks fall (on coffins), everyone dies. Hellcannon: ???)
It was inevitable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 15, 2012, 12:21:21 am »

We can worry about battlefailed IV after hellcannon dies. For now, we can enjoy the serene landscape of the tundra. Especially the rivers of blood. There's no going back on Hellcannon. Mego has doomed us all, and there's no escaping it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 15, 2012, 02:15:57 pm »

Hey guys, sorry about the lack of an update, but I've been kinda caught up in the new release.  I'll put something up later tonight, when I get done with classes.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 15, 2012, 07:41:24 pm »

We can worry about battlefailed IV after hellcannon dies. For now, we can enjoy the serene landscape of the tundra. Especially the rivers of blood. There's no going back on Hellcannon. Mego has doomed us all, and there's no escaping it.

Speaking of which, what's actually going on in Hellcannon?

You think you'll encounter that "Fortress doesn't die when it is killed" glitch again?
It was inevitable.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 15, 2012, 08:01:41 pm »

Winter 209

Journal of Gizogin, Rawmancer:

20 Moonstone:

Ettin!  I've heard about these things.  They're really odd.

22 Moonstone:
Well, the ettin is dead.  The goblins mobbed it and tore it to shreds.

4 Obsidian:
Iden Domasidith, Butcher has been possessed!  He claimed a mechanic's workshop and started gathering supplies.

14 Obsidian:

It's a very nice mechanism, that's for sure.  What I'll do with it is less sure.

20 Obsidian:

A towering humanoid composed of water?  Well, it can't fly, which is good, because I still haven't sealed the ceiling of the third layer, where it arrived.

25 Obsidian:

I had the magma pipe wall breached today, after the pumps came online.  I regret the use of adamantine for the pumps, but I had no choice.  As of now, the pumps reach up to the second cavern layer, from which it shouldn't be too hard to get to the surface.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 208