Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785481 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1830 on: March 13, 2012, 11:38:53 am »

Isn't that why crossbows are for?
No crossbows, no crossbowdwarves, no archery targets. Going through the whole process just to get rid of one quadripedal piece of shit seems just too much hassle.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: March 13, 2012, 12:29:03 pm »

Teaser time!

Okay, who the FUCK thought that building this plot riiiight there was a good idea?! Actually, I know it's you, Aussie. You deserved death, mwaha.

That bro got in hospital for having a broken toe. He became starving and dehydrated, then picked his sorry ass off the bed and OHK'd Ieb.

That's the entire fight log. Seriously.

For the second time in two months our entire fortress is deadlocked due to a berserk.

This time the entire population of the fortress is huddled there. The berserk is unconcious and separated from the rest by a pit, but nobody seems to care. Oh, and there's a siege going. Fucking clusterfuck.

All soldiers watch demonstrations, but nobody spars. What do I do? :(
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:20:24 pm by Dariush »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: March 13, 2012, 12:38:09 pm »

What.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: March 13, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »

I always knew those drawbridges were out to get me. At least Gloopy lived up to his name (after being squished into a fine paste, that is) :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:16:29 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: March 13, 2012, 02:36:26 pm »

Finally has this fortress achieved a respectable ammount of Fun Fail. Good Job.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: March 13, 2012, 04:20:41 pm »

Also, pictures!

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: March 13, 2012, 04:25:05 pm »

The rest I can live with, but that farm? Tut tut...

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: March 13, 2012, 04:35:13 pm »

Tut tut.

Imagine a dwarf. Stained in blood and vomit. And more blood. Wiping his battleaxe on the sock of a dead dwarf. Turning around to you. His eyes bulging. His breath smelling. His nose dripping. He opens his mouth. And with a voice soaked in loathing and despise, he throws at you the following two words:

Tut tut.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: March 13, 2012, 06:21:16 pm »

Tut tut.

Imagine a dwarf. Stained in blood and vomit. And more blood. Wiping his battleaxe on the sock of a dead dwarf. Turning around to you. His eyes bulging. His breath smelling. His nose dripping. He opens his mouth. And with a voice soaked in loathing and despise, he throws at you the following two words:

Tut tut.
honk HONK

I could not help myself with that one. Sorry.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: March 13, 2012, 06:55:05 pm »

If you're still wondering, the lever to the front door bridge was in the control room with all the other levers, on the south side.

That being said; good job sending the fort to hell in less than 6 months. I'm proud of you for failing to read my overseer's notes :P

Or did I ever post them? I don't remember... :o
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: March 13, 2012, 06:57:20 pm »

Wow.  I'm glad I didn;t live to see this day.

What do you mean, the entire population?  There were like 30 dwarves or something at the end of my turn!  What did you do?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: March 13, 2012, 07:02:47 pm »

Increase the population to 60-something...? And promptly kill off 40 or so in a tantum spiral all because Urist just HAD to build a wall from the panic room side. The question is how he managed to die of thirst with all that food and booze in there with him... Oh, right. I forbid it all to get everyone out of there to seal it :-[ He could have survived to die of old age. Damn.

Also, for use of the magma; If you can pump it up another two levels and have it behind a series of retracting bridges over the longer trap hallway before the depot, you could easily flood the area below those traps with water (for which most of the necessary apparatus were already set up be the end of my turn) and then drop the magma on top to obsidianize it/flood the hall with magma. You'd just need a separate mechanism to drain it. Qucik, simple, and most importantly guaranteed to fail because you forgot to use magma-safe stone/mechanisms on just one of the bridges and left the pumps running for another month, dooming the fortress. :P

The good news is that drilling more holes through the aquifer should be simple now that we have magma to obsidianize it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:05:03 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: March 13, 2012, 07:10:10 pm »

I died as I lived.

In the wrong place, at the wrong time.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: March 13, 2012, 08:05:03 pm »

I died as I lived.

In the wrong place, at the wrong time.

I am sigging this.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: March 13, 2012, 11:22:44 pm »

Tut tut.

Tut tut.

And I am sigging that.  Finally, I have a real sig.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 208