Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 795620 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1860 on: March 14, 2012, 11:23:52 am »

How in the world did you manage to flood everything that badly?  Is it somehow my fault?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:31 am »

I built a hospital. I thought that it needed a well. I realised there was no water nearby. I observed that it lay directly under a cavern and directly above a large walled-off open space.

...Do I need to explain further?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 14, 2012, 11:37:27 am »

So is the aquifer a big problem?

as long as you don't go diggin in the topmost Z of the first cavern and the lowest soil layer, no.

So... this?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: March 14, 2012, 11:45:26 am »

Oh dear Armok... Tell me I survived...

Send everyone to the panic room (set civilian alert to !!PANIC!!), and lock the doors. There's a farm and a still in there, adn plenty of excess food. That will make managing this catastrophe a tad bit easier.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 14, 2012, 11:54:28 am »

So is the aquifer a big problem?
as long as you don't go diggin in the topmost Z of the first cavern and the lowest soil layer, no.
So... this?
Nope, cavern water.

Oh dear Armok... Tell me I survived...

Send everyone to the panic room (set civilian alert to !!PANIC!!), and lock the doors. There's a farm and a still in there, adn plenty of excess food. That will make managing this catastrophe a tad bit easier.
I find your sanity undwarfy. And yes, you're still alive. Temporarily. ]:->

Also, whoever built the panic room - the lever is on the wrong side.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 14, 2012, 11:56:03 am »

There are two levers. One on either side.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 14, 2012, 11:57:06 am »

There are two levers. One on either side.
Nnnnnope, I'm pretty sure there's only one.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: March 14, 2012, 12:47:15 pm »

The game decided to autosave right after I made an insanely risking decision of letting a siege in on the (untested) Crusher party.  :'(

Protip: don't wander outside (where everything is forbidden) across the fucking Crusher in the middle of a fucking siege.

Three guesses what is about to happen?

The Crusher officially enters 'tested' status. Results of the testing:
- an unholy fuckload of goblins, trolls and shit OBLITERATED;
- two trolls got through by managing to be in the gaps between bridges when they swung, the lucky bastards;
- one CRETIN OBLITERATED;
Recommended improvements:
- add moar bridges;
- somehow use magma;
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:05:02 pm by Dariush »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 14, 2012, 01:23:04 pm »

Protip: don't wander outside (where everything is forbidden) across the fucking Crusher in the middle of a fucking siege.

I love how one of the problems in my turn (Mego going outside when everything is forbidden) is happening again.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 14, 2012, 02:35:39 pm »

I hope to god I don't have to fix another permanent flood again. That shit took half the year last time.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 14, 2012, 03:03:35 pm »

Okay, I'm finishing up. The population seems to have stablized at 47. Surviving named dwarves: Eric, Mego, Ahrimahn, Tasrak, Dariush, Andreus, stormtemplar, Slime, CatalystParadox, Kitkun, Remalle. Everyone else has to be redorfed. There's apparently a siege going on, but I haven't seen any enemies for a loooong time. I added a LOT of new levers (though everything is signed ;)). Currently the entrance is open and the Crusher is going. Once the big cavern is filled with water to a respectable depth (5/7-7/7), someone should turn off the drain using a lever in the lever room and build a well in the corner of the hospital through which the water is draining. Despite the guardtower having stairs on the roof, it is completely secure, since those stairs lead into walls. Save here.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:22:06 pm by Dariush »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 14, 2012, 03:16:54 pm »

I hope to god I don't have to fix another permanent flood again. That shit took half the year last time.

I hope whatever Dariush just did to the military didn't cripple it. 'One' was a respectable, well-skilled soldier, a militia captain if I remember correctly, and Ieb was the commander. I just created the damn militia and already it is under threat of devolving into a mess of poorly-trained chucklefucks. Is there no end to the curse of Supreme Failure!?

Journal of Eric, Head Stoneworker of Hellcannon

Arcangelsd and Reudh II were both slaughtered in the recent catastrophes. Without a gaggle of other professional mechanics and masons in my stoneworking team I'm essentially crippled, having to direct every little detail of work and go over every single blueprint myself. I explicitly stated in my notes to the next overseer to postpone opening the trap halls to the surface, but the fool didn't listen, and look where it got us! We're doomed.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:24:38 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 14, 2012, 03:20:55 pm »

Our military is... uh... dead. Last time I checked Dwarf Therapist, there were like two people with any skill whatsoever in axes and two people with skill in swords. And after that there was an FB... accident.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 14, 2012, 03:31:18 pm »

Wow guys.

Epic.

Dorf me once again, plz.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 14, 2012, 04:28:34 pm »

So... I am dead?

Thus, redorfing request:
(I lost the count of how many times I've been redorfed. Just search the dead dorf part of the unit screen)
Deathsword - Swordsdwarf - Not A Goblin Spy - Male, if possible. If no males are available, I don't care.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 208