Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 795445 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1905 on: March 17, 2012, 10:43:01 am »

THE MADNESS WILL DESTROY US ALL! EAT THE MUGS BEFORE THEY BURN OUR DEVIOUS SOCKS!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 17, 2012, 11:29:03 am »

*starts awake*

Huh, wha?

Where am I?  What was that earth-shaking noise that sounded an awful lot like divine wrath?

How did that world-spanning mountain range get there? Why am I not inside the fort anymore?

And... most of all... why am I floating around inside an ancient evil Lich Queen instead of the other way around!?! D:

Ohhh dear.  This is going to be Fun.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 17, 2012, 01:24:15 pm »

Have an update, ye. Text-only for now, I'll provide pictures somewhere along the way later.

Current date's 22th of Granite, 213. I've been granted the save during mid-autumn I believe, so I think I'll just go on and take it to another mid-autumn.

So, what can I say? The ogre. not a troll, that is now a resident of the magma sea, has died, reanimated, and is still on fire. I have claimed him as my mascot until further notice. The siege consisting of one goblin unable to control a giant bat decided to call it quits, there's an aquifer leaking into the caverns horribly mangling the FPS resulting in yours truly mangling the internal workings of our lovely, pointless, and unfinished doomsday device to deal with, quite surprisingly nobody died yet, a soldier by the name of Feb Fathor made a fancy prase bed, and I've taken notice that some poor sod before me ran out of designated burial space. So there's this heap of corpses lying about in the middle of the main stairway, with the usual dwarf stealing a shoe or shirt once in a while, on the way to pick up the next statue or what will you.

I'm also expanding a room located very close to the barracks and a bunch of bedrooms, via the means of adding more instances of it's only redeeming feature. Would just cave in the entire thing and start anew, but I'm not willing to mangle the cannon even more.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 17, 2012, 01:27:57 pm »

I've been granted the save during mid-autumn I believe, so I think I'll just go on and take it to another mid-autumn..
Actually, it was midwinter.

there's an aquifer leaking into the caverns horribly mangling the FPS
Er, if you're talking about the first cavern level, it can be turned off by a lever in the lever room (I needed water to fill the lower cavern). If you're talking about the second level, that reservoire is going to be used for the hospital well and is actually filled from the first level.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:30:38 pm by Dariush »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: March 17, 2012, 05:05:46 pm »

Damnit Seth, stop breaking reality. It doesn't need any help.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 17, 2012, 06:14:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/size][/font][/b][/color][/center]

Blasphemy. Get those mountains off my lawn!

You know, I still had the elevation files for Aluonra, so I could use Perfect World again to recreate the terrain. If you have a name seed that will consistently generate a world of the same name, then that's great.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 17, 2012, 06:56:28 pm »

Do I sense the foundations for Battlefailed IV?  No, seriously, do I?  I'm ever-so-slightly confused here.

Damnit Seth, stop breaking reality. It doesn't need any help.

Yeah, I can handle things on my own, thanks.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: March 17, 2012, 08:52:07 pm »

It's already broken, I just want to sweep the pieces where they won't be stepped on.

The name seed is  a4cQWA0OyyOsEO4mgY0Q, and I posted the world so you can check it out, but it's a modded world and I cheated a bit with the language_SYM raws to favor "Wind" and "World" so I don't think the seed will carry over.  I think at the very least you'd have to copy over the SYM raw for the duration of world gen.

I think it's a pretty decent world and I was planning on playing a Community Adventure there in a sort of Battlefailed Gaiden.  The foundations of Battlefailed IV, I'm not sure, but I'd like to continue the tale of Aluonra, definitely.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 18, 2012, 03:39:11 pm »

We've already established that stable time streams and continuity are evil and therefore for elves. Every time Gizogin does anything, for example, it screws up the fabric of space-time even more. Who's to say that a couple thousand mirror worlds couldn't come into existence, perhaps with different features due to the disc getting scratched up?

In other words, if anyone wants to do a side story with a mirrored Aluonra, I don't see a reason why it couldn't be incorporated into the canon somehow.

Also Gizogin stop writing on the walls Armokdamnit.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 18, 2012, 03:51:22 pm »

I'm just waiting for someone to take a war hammer to the walls of space and time.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 18, 2012, 05:49:12 pm »

All I could ever want is more updates with horrible, easily-avoidable catastrophes that leave the remaining populace eternally scarred. That was the best :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 18, 2012, 06:52:25 pm »

Also Gizogin stop writing on the walls Armokdamnit.

Hey, I actually haven't done a journal entry in a while!  I don't actually think I've done one since before my recent death.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 18, 2012, 08:11:34 pm »

I wrote a journal entry inspired by your scribblings, and then Arcangelsd followed suit. :P

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 18, 2012, 09:28:00 pm »

I'm just waiting for someone to take a war hammer to the walls of space and time.

I did that a while ago and should be fun to try soon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 18, 2012, 09:48:19 pm »

You know, I somewhat expect that, whenever the Battlefailed history truly ends, it will turn out that TAD is the main villain and responsible for everything, including the deaths of the forts.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 208