Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797514 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2040 on: March 27, 2012, 09:09:22 pm »

Speaking about history...

The one reason I haven't yet uploaded the Battlefailed Archive (does not include Hellcannon. I'll wait for it to end before doing adding it.) is because I feel it is still quite messy. And could use an index of sorts. And I am somewhat intimidated by the task of indexing that monster.

So it's more like three reasons.

Do like the Australians do: Upload it, and have someone else do it for you.

Hey!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: March 27, 2012, 10:39:23 pm »

Nfufuf.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 28, 2012, 03:31:09 am »

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:36:54 am by Dariush »

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: March 28, 2012, 04:19:07 am »

9th of Granite, 214

The battle was epic. Urist Imiknorris III, The Master, Caquat Shibbi, and I met the skreinder bulls on the field on battle, whereupon we proceeded to completely dismember them. Urist was particularly effective, laying into them with her axe with a fury I've never seen before. About halfway through the battle I realized her left hand was gone, and I honestly have no idea when that happened. Ghills, meanwhile, came outside and then proceeded to complain that the skreinder were between him and his weapon. I stayed behind to clean up after the others went back inside, and was ambushed by a hitherto unseen skreinder! Fortunately, it was no match for my unique fighting style, and after clamping my teeth onto the front of its skull I was easily able to hack it into pieces with my axe.

Stormtemplar is still complaining about his lack of hands. I'm heading outside to try and drown out the sounds of his wailing.

12th of Granite, 214

So, hey, that scroll El Presidente gave me that informed me I was the new leader? Turns out it also binds my spirit to this wretched world for the duration, so I can't get out of it through death. Seems there was yet another skreinder lurking outside when I went out there to clear my head, but before I could bite its head and hack its limbs off I was caught in a freak snowstorm. I staggered around blindly for several hours while it kicked me repeatedly, until at last its antler tore into my face and I embraced the sweet, sweet release of death...

Or so I thought, anyway. Well, I guess that fancy expensive tomb that was carved out for me will go to waste. Shame, that...

I've just had a thought. Whoever kills that damned skreinder and avenges my death will get my tomb. This I command!

15th of Granite, 214

You've gotta hand it to our militia: they really are the best of the best. Urist, Gizogin, and Ghills went outside in the midst of a snowstorm and dispatched by killer. However, the glory of the finishing blow went to the Resident Badass, Gizogin IV, who will now reap the promised rewards of a fabulous tomb all to himself.

20th of Granite, 214

Some migrants showed up, despite the danger. They were immediately set upon by a pair of skoxes. Fortunately, one of them had the good sense to bring not only a bow but a quiver full of silver arrows, and chased them off while they all got inside. Well... Almost all. There was that gem setter that ran in completely the opposite direction and got a skox hoof to the head for her troubles.

Meanwhile, another ghost showed up. This one's haunting Rridgway II.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:36:05 am by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: March 28, 2012, 04:37:55 am »

It's time for me to go. I feel the world releasing its grasp on me.
I found mother. I forgive the citizens of Hellcannon, all dead themselves, for their trespass. I even forgive... Mother, what's his name? Strateegea? Strategia? He was nice to her, even though she was mad. Here she is cured. The person I knew before the insanity took her to Shashmebzuth.

I found Strategia. At least, the person I think he was. Healed of all wounds. Healed of the evil he committed during his reign.
And the rest of us. We have to go.

It's time.

Goodbye, fair friends of mine. Goodbye, Ieb. Goodbye, Erica. You both were my best friends in life.
Come, mother, let us depart.

(Maybe current overseer could work on slabbing the dead?)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: March 28, 2012, 04:46:06 am »

I'll claim as Dariush III in order of preference: legendary armor/weaponsmith -> legendary warrior -> legendary -> any badass.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: March 28, 2012, 09:57:15 am »

Wait. Our militia managed to defeat the undead? What madness is this?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 28, 2012, 12:15:53 pm »

They defeated a pack of three skreindeer, then a fourth on its own in a snowstorm after I died. I myself managed to kill one solo, but succumbed to the second.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: March 28, 2012, 01:05:55 pm »

Journal of Eric, Head Stoneworker of Hellcannon.

I'm hearing voices. Some jackass just said "goodbye Erica" in a taunting manner. Even the dead are calling me a pansy woman! Where did I go wrong!?

It sounded like Reudh. When I find you, you little cunt, I'll fire you in a manner more horrifying than any manager has ever fired their laborers before!

And the good news is that book I found in that hollow pillar details the summoning and binding of spirits. The secrets of life and death, they say. Nothing about controlling the mindless dead yet, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: March 28, 2012, 01:43:40 pm »

(Maybe current overseer could work on slabbing the dead?)
I'm discovering that when your fortress has this many dead, slabbing them becomes incredibly irritating. Reudh II is the first ghost in the unit list, and yet after scrolling through the list of names twice when making a memorial slab, I don't see him. There really needs to be a search function.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: March 28, 2012, 02:33:11 pm »

I'm discovering that when your fortress has this many dead, slabbing them becomes incredibly irritating.

I first read "slabbing" as "stabbing". Wouldn't even be surprising in this place.

Reudh II is the first ghost in the unit list, and yet after scrolling through the list of names twice when making a memorial slab, I don't see him. There really needs to be a search function.

Besides that, where are you even going to put that many slabs? And how much labour would be diverted to placing them? It could easily cripple the fort's production for months on end, with everyone making, engraving and placing slabs everywhere they can. And still have ghosts floating around the workshop complaining about not being memorialised yet.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 28, 2012, 03:11:05 pm »

Actually, there are only about half a dozen ghosts floating around right now. Someone already laid down a ton of slabs.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 28, 2012, 04:18:22 pm »

Where am I and what am I doing? Did I die a long time ago and not notice...again?
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: March 28, 2012, 05:18:39 pm »

You're still wandering around the dining room, whining that you can't pick anything up with no hands. You're otherwise doing just fine, though, in both mood and health, so unless there's a tantrum spiral or the defenses are breached (or an overseer gets tired of your constant job canceled spam) you'll probably survive for quite a while.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: March 28, 2012, 05:22:17 pm »

unless there's a tantrum spiral or the defenses are breached (or an overseer gets tired of your constant job canceled spam) you'll probably survive for quite a while.

So he's pretty much dead.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 208