Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785452 times)

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2055 on: March 28, 2012, 05:47:39 pm »

1st Felsite, 214

Things have been rather quiet since my untimely demise at the hands of a vicious skreinder. We've completed the basics of the tomb for Gizogin V (I found the tomb of the ACTUAL Gizogin IV the other day and realized I had his name wrong this whole time), but apparently no one was allowed to work the forge where I'd ordered the silver statues made. I remedied that, right after having two statues and a door installed in the tomb my body was placed in, and ordering all the walls engraved.

Oh, and The Master died of thirst in the hospital. Apparently no one remembered to bring him anything to drink. Now Tyrar's infant son is going around yelling, "Dwums! Da dwums!" at the top of his lungs. Even dead, some things still manage to surprise me.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:50:04 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: March 28, 2012, 05:55:05 pm »

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 28, 2012, 07:37:33 pm »

8th Felsite, 214
Stormtemplar the 2nd has somehow become "mysteriously" locked in his room. Shortly after, our Gem Setter wandered outside to get a drink and ran into a skelk, which ended pretty much as expected.

Also, this happened:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:28:26 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: March 28, 2012, 07:43:37 pm »

8th Felsite, 214
Stormtemplar the 2nd has somehow become "myseriously" locked in his room.

Deathsword's Log

The overseer told me to lock Stormtemplar's room as soon as he was inside (he has no hands after all) while nobody was watching. Since I am certainly not a goblin spy, I fulfilled his orders. Just like someone who is certainly not a goblin spy would. Like me.

End of Log
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 28, 2012, 08:33:33 pm »

.....why is it everyone keeps spelling it tyrar and not tryrar? Notice the extra r? (Don't mean to gripe, but thats the 6th game where someone's left off the r)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: March 28, 2012, 08:47:37 pm »

Just double-checked, and it's spelled right in the unit list. I just read it wrong.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 28, 2012, 08:55:18 pm »

Poor Eric(a).

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 29, 2012, 01:28:13 am »

Could I get bumped down one spot in the overseer list? Judging from the speed DTZ is handling the fort, I'd get the pass in the middle of my exam week and I don't want to hold up the game by a few days since we have a good flow going on here.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 29, 2012, 09:26:50 am »

Could I get bumped down one spot in the overseer list? Judging from the speed DTZ is handling the fort, I'd get the pass in the middle of my exam week and I don't want to hold up the game by a few days since we have a good flow going on here.

Done. Ghills is up next.

Hellcannon trivia: Ghills was #18 to request dorfing, on post #46. To this date, he still hasn't gotten a dorf. We don't have enough cat-loving dorfs.

Wait what am I saying?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 29, 2012, 09:36:23 am »

You're saying that e don't have enough cat-loving dorfs.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 29, 2012, 12:07:24 pm »

You're saying that e don't have enough cat-loving dorfs.

I said that like it's a bad thing or something.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 29, 2012, 12:39:52 pm »

Hellcannon trivia: Ghills was #18 to request dorfing, on post #46. To this date, he still hasn't gotten a dorf.
That's not true. He was dwarfed when I got the save. Most recently, he was complaining that the skreinder I ordered him to kill was preventing him from picking up the equipment needed to kill it.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 29, 2012, 01:10:22 pm »

Really? How did I miss that?

Welp, there goes that trivia.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 29, 2012, 05:46:43 pm »

19th Felsite, 214
Three ghosts have been put to rest, leaving us with just four nine more restless souls to deal with. A small group of goblins showed up and killed a skreindeer, before apparently taking one look at the massive pile of bones and blood outside our fortress and deciding to just hang around in the hills for someone to go outside.

Speaking of going outside, I think they'll have some company soon. See, before the goblins showed up, a caravan of eight elf merchants arrived with all manner of goods and somehow managed not to get murdered by the skeletal wildlife. Of course, because they weren't murdered by skeletal wildlife, it meant I had to actually see what appropriate trade goods we had... Which was nothing. So I sent Ahrimahn to take their stuff and tell them to GTFO. Hopefully they'll run into the goblins on their way out and our problem will be solved. I also noticed some foliage starting to grow along the path to the depot, and ordered it paved over so that an ill-timed growth won't hinder a real (read: Dwarven) caravan.

6th Hematite, 214
Despite seizing half their goods, the elves still hung around for a few weeks before departing. When they did, I expected the goblins to immediately run them down... No such luck. Instead, they huddled in the hills while a pair of skreindeer scattered the merchants. Only when one of them ran in the direction of the goblins did ONE of them decide to chase him down. The goblin killed the mule, but it looked like the elf was going to get away... Until a pack of skoxes showed up. Both the elf and the goblin were far, far away from anyone else. Neither survived. As to the rest, the remainder of the elves eventually regrouped and escaped, while the rest of the goblins are still sitting in the hills doing... Absolutely nothing at all.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:44:55 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 208