Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797168 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2070 on: March 29, 2012, 07:51:29 pm »

Such a boring goblin infestation...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: March 29, 2012, 08:00:54 pm »

At least the wilddeath keeps things interesting by suicidally throwing themselves into the blade traps.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: March 29, 2012, 08:07:42 pm »

The fort looks like a horrific rorschach pattern of blood and misery.  I can see a bird in it!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: March 29, 2012, 08:22:09 pm »

The goblins are probably terrified of the surroundings to actually attack.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: March 29, 2012, 08:36:28 pm »

Re-requesting a dorfing.

MantisMan - Axedwarf or Swordsdwarf - N/A - Clothing/Armour dyed green, if possible. (Blade weed?)
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: March 29, 2012, 08:41:23 pm »

I imagine this is how the dialogue goes:

Quote from: Gobbos
Stozu: Hey.

Stuzo: Yeah?

Stozu: You ever wonder why we're here?

Stuzo: It’s one of life’s great mysteries isn’t it? Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some cosmic coincidence, or is there really an Armok watching everything? You know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don’t know, man. But it keeps me up at night.

Stozu: ...........What?! I mean why are we out here, in this freezing wasteland.

Stuzo: Oh. Uh... yeah.

Stozu: What was all that stuff about Armok?

Stuzo: Uh...hm? Nothing.

Stozu: You wanna talk about it?

Stuzo: No.

Stozu: You sure?

Stuzo: Yeah.

Stozu: Seriously though, why are we out here? As far as I can tell, it's just a freezing wasteland in the middle of nowhere. No way in or out.

Stuzo: Mm hmm.

Stozu: The only reason that we set up a camp here, is because they have a fortress over there. And the only reason they have a fortress over there, is, well... Ok we don't have any clue why they're retarded enough to be here.

Now lower that by about 100 IQ points and it'll be accurate.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: March 29, 2012, 08:55:49 pm »

Perhaps the goblins send only their outcasts to fight Hellcannon, as a kind of death sentence.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: March 29, 2012, 09:00:07 pm »

I think it's more that there is so much death and we are still here so there must be something good here. Or goblins are insane. I'm surprised that goblins don't retch on site when they arrive, I mean we have painted a big fuck you in goblin blood all across the tundra.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: March 29, 2012, 09:01:13 pm »

I think it's more that there is so much death and we are still here so there must be something good here. Or goblins are insane. I'm surprised that goblins don't retch on site when they arrive, I mean we have painted a big fuck you in goblin blood all across the tundra.

...right, I meant to re-make that sign during my turn, before life got in my way. That needs to be on the list of stuff we need to do.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: March 30, 2012, 12:15:39 am »

I have a feeling that by the time you get your hands on this fort, there won't be any military able to do that. Maybe you could infest above-ground with a bazillion weapontraps.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: March 30, 2012, 12:33:25 am »

Too bad the fort doesn't have glass available. That would have been a massive boost to it's defensibility.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: March 30, 2012, 01:02:10 am »

I always imagined gobbos as somewhat like Orks: the love to fight and are completely unfazed by massize death tolls.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: March 30, 2012, 01:17:10 am »

And DF mechanics even support reproduction by spores! It makes perfect sense.

As for the sand thing, at least sand is A) really cheap and B) often brought by traders. There should be a literal crapload of copper and silver in the site anyway as far as I know, even after we exhaust all the tin there is to make bronze with.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: March 30, 2012, 02:25:40 pm »

Too bad the fort doesn't have glass available. That would have been a massive boost to it's defensibility.
I seized a ton of sand from the elves.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: March 30, 2012, 03:05:28 pm »

28th Hematite, 214

Those goblins are still out there. Several days ago, a pack of skoxes ran into them. The fight was short and brutal, but in the end it served only to reduce both groups' numbers, rather than wipe either of them out. Three goblins remained; one decided to make a run for it, but ran into the weapon traps at the edge of our territory, had both his legs sliced off, and quickly bled out. The other two continued to sit in the hills until our glassmaker decided to wander outside on a whim, and then led them on a merry chase across the countryside. One of them was very nearly eviscerated by the weapon traps, but jumped aside at the last moment and was merely stunned by falling off a cliff. Unfortunately, poor Fath Meskosoth then ran around the entrance and off into the distance, away from safety, where he was cut down.

Stormtemplar the 2nd is still screaming about being unable to put his things away with no hands.

10th Malachite, 214

The goblin that was wounded by the traps limped away. His friend, however, hung around until ThatAussieDwarf came up to clean some of the blood off the traps. He saw the goblin, freaked out, and instead of running down into the safety of the fortress ran outside. For eight days the goblin chased him all over the landscape.

It is at this point that I will take a break from ThatAussieDwarf's heroic flight to note that I believe I have solved the question of the source of the ever-persistent wilddeath. While he was running from the goblin, he passed a herd of reindeer... Real, live, flesh and blood reindeer. These reindeer subsequently wandered into the line of traps and were eviscerated. Now, call me crazy, but I believe that we may in fact be at least partially responsible for the plague of undeath that haunts the surface. Perhaps if we weren't slaughtering them en masse and leaving their carcasses to rot in the snow, they wouldn't be rising as skeletal hordes and trying to kill us back. But anyway, back to ThatAussieDwarf...

Eventually, after making a complete circle, he finally had the good sense to run back into the fortress. And, of course, it wasn't until then that Terrahex caught up to the goblin, hacked off his leg, and let him bleed to death. Thus ends the goblin "invasion." Also, Stormtemplar the 2nd finally died. Seems he was unable to get any water due to being locked in his room for two months. Funny, that.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:27:49 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 208