Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 795566 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2130 on: April 02, 2012, 04:25:07 am »

Okay so I died, could you dorf me again? Kaamanen III, Architect of Vengeance. Draft him in militia so he can train to kill the skeletal wildlife. Thanks!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: April 02, 2012, 04:59:53 am »

Best be prayin for migrants then. Population is taken :P

Except "I"
That was part of a joke Girlinhat suggested over Steam. I wrote "I Know What You Did" in stoneworkers. They're all dead now except "I," so "I"'ll take the blame.

I didn't even read all of Seth Creiyd's second Battlefailed turn this weekend, so I did very little for the Epic of Aluonra. However, I did begin to make some sweet caves for Skyrim and did some hefty modding in DF. Too bad tomorrow marks the beginning of a shitton of non-voluntary (well, technically it isn't...) work for the next few weeks. Maybe somebody with some interest in dwarven !!POETRY!! would like to take a wack at it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
New lines italicized. And yeah, it's still entirely unpoetic to the highest degree. I am not a poet, I'm a geology student!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:02:00 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: April 02, 2012, 01:06:33 pm »

I am not a poet, I'm a geology student!
So you have a very keen insight into the Dwarven writing style, then.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2133 on: April 02, 2012, 01:15:33 pm »

But I thought we just got migrants?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: April 02, 2012, 02:08:13 pm »

Aw crap, you're right. I mentally noted the forgotten beast but not the migrants...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: April 02, 2012, 03:24:57 pm »

Newly dwarfed migrants:
Ogrin II, Eye Poker
Conchobar III, Revengineer
Arcangelsd II, !!Nuclear!! Engineer
MantisMan, Bone Carver

Remaining dwarves:
One child
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: April 02, 2012, 03:34:58 pm »

8th Galena, 214
Everything's been very quiet and relatively peaceful. I think this is going to be a good year.

12th Galena, 214
We're fucked.
First, Tasrak went outside to pick up some poor soul's body and got chased by a skreindeer. I sent the militia to save him, but a pack of skoxes intervened. Tasrak, Gizogin V, and Ghills all died. Caquat Shibbi became an Axe Lord, but is still fighting the skoxes. Then, to top it off, the goblins sieged us. Did I mention this is all happening in the middle of a snowstorm? I'm calling the militia back, pulling the lever that LordSlowpoke labeled, and crossing my ectoplasmic fingers that everything will work out.

14th Galena, 214
Dariush III just went topside and started shooting at the ogres surrounding the entrance.
Wait. Ogres? Why are there ogres? HOLY SHIT THAT'S A LOT OF OGRES.
Caquat's still out there, she can probably deal with... Wow. Yeah, I dunno if she can deal with that many goblins.
On the plus side, the traps at the edge of our territory did a number on one squad... But there's at least three more, including a full squad of archers.

Could this be the end of Hellcannon?

18th Galena, 214
No.
While Dariush III was quickly slain by the combined horde of trolls and ogres, Caquat - surrounded by nearly twenty goblin hammerers - immediately engaged the goblins' hammer lord. She plunged her axe into his back and tore out his kidneys, before hacking off one leg, then the other, and finally decapitated him. As his head sailed off in a bloody arc, the rest of the goblins turned and fled... Including an entire crossbow squad that hadn't even entered the fray. The ogres and trolls were more persistent, throwing themselves into the traps with reckless abandon until Caquat arrived and, pissed off that they were standing between her and a well-deserved drink, hacked the survivors apart.

To celebrate our complete and utter victory, ThatAussieDwarf claimed a mechanics shop and crafted The Admired Shafts, a cassiterite mechanism with a picture of a goblin on it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:15:20 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: April 02, 2012, 03:57:12 pm »

You really should forbid everything in the surface, you know.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: April 02, 2012, 04:12:17 pm »

The wilddeath herds seemed to have thinned, so I unforbid a couple corpses for burial. In retrospect, not the best idea. Of course, I wouldn't have sent the militia out if I'd seen the skox herd.

EDIT: Having seen how things turned out, though, I think it was fortuitous that Caquat was outside when shit went down.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:32:40 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: April 02, 2012, 06:32:09 pm »

I'm dead again?  No matter!  I plan to take advantage of my current incorporeality to begin my ultimate work!  There is much to be done, and I must not waste any time. 
IWLEEOGSLMIILCADDNLYMBOSAWOSWEMAMANTAYBNVSNTCEHDHDAIIENSFTGH
Oh dear, I seem to have gone insane.  What a pity.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: April 02, 2012, 07:19:32 pm »

AXEN HAS SOMETHING TO SAY.

Caquat the GOBLIN HEADCHOPPER needs to HAVE A CELEBRATION FOR HER TENACITY. I think that I NEED TO BECOME LIKE CAQUAT.

ALSO, AM I AN ADULT? OR A child?

AXEN CANCELS SHOUT LOUDLY: INTERRUPTED BY PARTY

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: April 02, 2012, 07:42:03 pm »

Axen is an adult. Also, it's autumn, which means my turn is now officially half over.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: April 02, 2012, 07:50:03 pm »

3rd Limestone, 214
Four dwarves were caught outside and killed by skreindeer today. Vegdrasil was heading out to clean a trap and Conchobar II seemed to think that the weapon he needed for sparring was lying in the snow instead of in the armory, but what Ahirmahn and Epithemius II were doing out there I will never know (I think Epithemius II was getting a drink, though since the ground is iced over year-round I'm not entirely sure where he thought he was going to be drinking from).

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: April 02, 2012, 08:40:37 pm »

YAY!

Mr. ZERATUL-LEADER-PERSON just told me that I am an ADULT OF GIGANTIC PROPORTIONS, and as such I wish to have a STATUE ERECTED IN MY AND CALQUAT'S HONOUR.

While you are at that, MR ZERATUL LEADER PERSON, could I have a BEER or a WINE please?

ALSO MAKE ME A STONEWORKER.

HAHA. I AM A DWARF.
NOT AN ELF.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: April 02, 2012, 09:23:58 pm »

Deathsword's Log

Got message today. "Nearly there" it says. So I point out that there are some unclaimed stuff in the surface that we could grab. Wasn't counting on skox herd. They did most of the killing. Goblins, with which I am in no way connected to, arrived later. Don't think Overseer is getting suspicious towards me, so that's good. Not that there is any reason for him to be suspicious of me, as I am certainly NOT a goblin spy. The message had nothing to do with the goblins. Talked to TAD about possibility of Overseer suspecting me. He says not to worry. Thankfuly, no one overheard out talk since that Axen was shouting around.

So, to sum it all:
- Most of militia is dead.
- Overseer is not suspecting me.
- I, Deathsword, am not a goblin spy.
- Axen likes shouting.

End of Log
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:37:39 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 208