Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 795741 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2145 on: April 02, 2012, 09:30:07 pm »

THIS IS HOW DWARVES ARE SUPPOSED TO SPEAK CORRECT?

I WAS TOLD THIS WHEN I WAS LITTLE AFTER I WAS ADOPTED.

But it gets tiring sometimes, so... I RELAX FOR A SHORT TIME.

THE DWARF THAT RAISED ME SAID THAT SHOUTING AT OTHERS IS A GOOD WAY TO CONVINCE OTHERS THAT YOU ARE NOT AN ELF.

I AM NOT AN ELF

SO I SHOUT.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: April 02, 2012, 10:21:48 pm »

13th Sandstone, 214
Terrahex died in the hospital today, as no one brought him any water. I didn't realize his injuries had been that grievous. On the plus side, no one will have to go outside for his corpse; he can just go straight to the tombs. I also laid two more ghosts to rest.

I've also decided on a project that will define my reign. Armok willing, I can complete it in time. There are too many prying eyes, though... Too many who would think it madness and seek to stop it. While I am already dead, and thus cannot be harmed, they may decide to sabotage it in other ways. Soon, though, it will be complete, and all will tremble at its glory!
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: April 02, 2012, 10:32:33 pm »

I feel like the Battlefailed TVTropes page should have a character page to go with it...

How many dwarves are left now, anyway?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: April 02, 2012, 10:48:41 pm »

Journal of Mego

So apparently Zeratul is wanting to make a project to symbolize his reign. I told him The Master already made an obsidian penis.

He didn't seem to like that comment.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: April 02, 2012, 11:50:37 pm »

HOW COME YOU GUYS DON'T SHOUT?

FROM AXEN, LOVE AND DWARFISM FOREVER

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2150 on: April 03, 2012, 12:12:32 am »

Journal of Kaamanen III:
17rd Limestone, 214

So here I travel towards certain death that is Hellcannon. It is not something I do lightly, but my soul cannot find peace as long as those vile beasts roam free, after spilling so much blood. My blood. Only after they haunt this world no more I can find peace.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 03, 2012, 12:49:17 am »

4th Moonstone, 214
Oh, so much has happened in the past few weeks. First, the dwarven caravan arrived! They even killed a couple skreindeer for good measure on their way in. I decided that this was a good time to unload the caged skanimals we had lying around, but several of the skoxes got out while El Presidente was moving the cages. Fortunately, the large animal pen was nearby, and so were the militia. The skoxes were immediately set upon by Caquat, a wolf, a bear, and two giant eagles. Naturally, they never stood a chance. Fortunately, I did manage to trade a skreindeer for some food.

I've also discovered that there's a weapon somewhere outside that is not forbidden. I don't know what or where it is, but various individuals keep trying to go out and claim it, only to fall victim to the skreindeer hordes; we've lost Axen and Conchobar IV in the last week alone. The other cause of skanimal-related death is attempting to clean the traps, which recently claimed The Counselor, our diagnoser, and Rom Thimeth, our Chief Medical Dwarf. Not that they were doing their job or anything anyway, because I've discovered that a broken bone - any broken bone - might as well be a death sentence. No one ever brings water to the hospital, so going there is like being doomed to die of thirst. We just lost Urist Imiknorris III to a broken toe. A TOE. This was entirely preventable, and I've promoted Caquat to Captain of the Guard in his stead.

5th Opal, 214
I've done it! My plan is complete! Some thought me mad. Well, okay, none thought me mad, because no one knew what I it was that I was ordering. But it's complete! The tunnels were carved. The grate was set in place.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All that remained was to carve a ramp in a very specific location, a task that required a very careful choice of miners... So I picked Deathsword, who is definitely not a goblin spy, to do it.

And thusly did I precipitate the draining of the upper lake into the lower cavern levels!

You may ask... Why? Why do such a simple feat of engineering for such an insane and theoretically pointless result? Well, because I can, really, though it started with noticing just how much stuff was at the bottom of the upper lake. I thought, if I could dredge it, we could get it. Eventually. In about five years or so. And who knows? Maybe the flood will drown some of the horrors of the lower cavern. Win/win! Either way, everyone will remember me as the dwarf who made it happen!

19th Obsidian, 214
Even after this long, I still get entertaining surprises. A goblin ambush party showed up at the same time and in the same place as a herd of skreindeer, with the result that both problems rather neatly solved each other.

1st Granite, 215
And so my year at the head of Hellcannon comes to an end. I can already feel my spirit slipping away from here, hopefully to someplace nice and dark with lots and lots of beer and no wilddeath. To my successor, I have only this to say: good luck, and you have my condolences on getting picked to run this foul place. You've no manner of luck at all.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:31:34 am by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 03, 2012, 04:00:12 am »

Goodness, Axen didn't last long.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: April 03, 2012, 04:21:54 am »

Alright, after-action report!

CURRENT DWARVES:
Eric II, head Stoneworker
Mego V, Chaos Crafter
I, Stoneworker
Kar Puwuncobi XKLII, El Presidente
Kaamanen III, Architect of Vengeance
Zomara, Blacksmith
CatalystParadox, Slightly Odd
Andreus XVII, The Immortal
Halbezbin Somegret, Weaponsmith
Gizogin VI, Resident Badass
Arcangelsd II, !!Nuclear!! Engineer
MantisMan, Bone Carver
Tasrak II, Priest of Armok
Strategia II, Prophet of Cheese
Tryrar, Goremaster
Rridgway II, First Victim of the Failday
Caquat Shibbi, Militia Officer
Ogrin II, Eye Poker
Slime, Fleshsmith
Stormtemplar the 3rd, Thresher
Deathsword, Not a Goblin Spy
ThatAussieDwarf, Scheming Engineer
Remalle IV, Dwarven Child
Kitkun II, Quietly Watching
DevilEd II, Cultist of Croctopus
Seth, Dwarven Child
Fabubutt, Dwarven Battle Armor
Ledi VI, Crazy Cat Lady
Epithemius III, The Doctor
The Master, Young Magnificent Bastard

DWARFING LIST
Name - Profession - Profession Name - Special

Continually Redorfed for Storyline Purposes
Mego V - N/A - Chaos Crafter - N/A
ThatAussieDwarf - Mechanic - Scheming Engineer - N/A
Andreus XVII - N/A - The Immortal - N/A
Gizogin VI - N/A - Resident Badass - N/A
CatalystParadox - Some bonecarving skill - Slightly Odd - N/A

Continually Redorfed by Request
Remalle IV - Axedwarf - N/A - Each death, reincarnated as the next baby to be born
Ledi VI - Any - Crazy Cat Lady - likes cats
Strategia II- Cheesemaker/Military - Prophet of Cheese - N/A
rridgway II- Bonecrafter or Weaponsmith - First Victim of the Failday - N/A
Ogrin II - Spear Dwarf - Eye Poker - Something badass/lone wolf style
Eric II, male only - Highest available agility, other good attributes nice - title: Head Stoneworker - Only mining, masonry, engraving, and architecture enabled
Epithemius III - The Doctor - N/A - N/A
Conchobar V - Axedwarf/Siege Engineer - Revengineer - N/A
The Master - N/A - Eternal Magnificent Bastard - On this list because Mego said so
Urist Imiknorris IV - Captain of the Guard/Sheriff - Axecutioner - Overcompensates for something with large axes
Kitkun II- N/A - Quietly Watching - Possibly for a higher or lower purpose
arcangelsd II - (I would prefer to be a mechanic) - !!Nuclear!! engineer - N/A
The Counselor II - no gender preference - Doctor - N/A
Tasrak - Mason/Stonecrafter - Priest of Armok - N/A

Others
None in queue!

OTHER NOTES
*I unforbid a bunch of stuff in one of the stockpiles because the skox bits were causing miasma, and for some reason it caused Eric II (who's been mostly wandering around unable to do anything for the entire year because he's missing a foot and has nerve damage) to suddenly start spamming job canceled announcements. Deal with it how you see fit.
*The militia's probably in an okay place. Caquat Shibbi is a nigh-unstoppable juggernaut. The other four are training and haven't really seen much combat, but shouldn't be too terrible in a fight. Oh, speaking of which, you may need to redo their training schedule; they got stuck on a kill order that I couldn't cancel even after the skox was dead, and the only way for them to not stand around its corpse until they died of thirst was to disband and reform the squad. It's possible other tweaks will be needed as well.
*There's no Chief Medical Dwarf.
*I still have no idea what most of those hundred levers do. The one with the note on it from LordSlowpoke (Pull this to block the entrance shortcut. This is the only help you get.) didn't seem to do anything when I pulled it. Have fun!
*I entombed all the bodies I could find on the surface. There are still 15 ghosts, though, so good luck memorializing them.
*Izegzokun, the Skeletal Blind Cave Ogre, is still in the magma sea.
*I recommend trying to figure out a way to safely clean the traps around the edges of the map. They're incredibly useful, netting far more kills than the militia, but dwarves going out to clean them often run afoul of the wilddeath.
*The lake is probably going to take an absurd amount of time to drain into the lower cavern, but it should open up a lot of Fun(tm) possibilities once it does. Use your imagination!

SAVE!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:28:56 am by Dark_T_Zeratul »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: April 03, 2012, 04:37:25 am »

I see the Scheming Engineer's still running about... All those levers controlling the fort... interesting to see just who actually sets those up...

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 03, 2012, 05:19:11 am »

I'm glad my guess on not being able to do the fort turn after Zeratul was right. Especially with the part of mysterious weapons aboveground sending people to their death(IT'S CURSED) and aboveground traps proving more deadly to our dorfs than to the enemies.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 03, 2012, 05:28:36 am »

What about Ghills? It's his turn.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 03, 2012, 06:45:21 am »

I'd like to request my old job as CMD.  After all, very few dwarves seem to ever survive being wounded, so I shouldn't be required very often.
I've been messing around in Minecraft, with the intention of trying out some new structure designs, and I figured out what I'm going to build on my turn (assuming Hellcannon lasts until then).  It involves lava flows, spikes, high walls, and tons of gold.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: April 03, 2012, 06:53:49 am »

I think I'll request one final dwarfing before I retire my dwarfsakes from Hellcannon. :P

Reudh III - any kind of doctor - Medical Aide to Gizogin

After that, the only appearance of Reudh's family shall be as ghosts, imo.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 03, 2012, 07:27:34 am »

Gizogin wants to be CMD, and Reudh wants to be the nurse...

Get the fanfics ready, folks.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 208