Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785388 times)

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2175 on: April 03, 2012, 11:18:41 pm »

So am I in the military? If not, next overseer, PUT ME THERE!
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 04, 2012, 03:31:18 am »

If I may make a suggestion; If we have any more dwarves wtih medical skill, or any of us requested dorfing but didn't give a crap what profession, then why don't you assign said dwarves and the CMD all medical labors, and remove all others from them, especially hauling. That will both give us more medical staff and ensure that said medical staff has as much free time as possible to go treat their patients. Should increase survival rates tenfold if someone's free to feed/water them within the month.

And yes, I am thinking of the issue with Meng the Fake Doctor in Battlefailed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: April 04, 2012, 04:42:13 pm »

My turn? Awesome.  I'm DL'ing the save.  Expect the first post in a day or 2, since I haven't taken a look at the fort before.

I'll try to dorf everyone who's asked, but I'm putting myself first on that list (overseer's privilege! :) ).
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 05, 2012, 12:16:51 pm »

Why do I keep dying but nobody redorfs me? :( Dariush *insert number*, anybody useful. Preferably a legendary. Maybe a noble.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 05, 2012, 03:27:19 pm »

The same weapon killed me twice... I shall have my revenge.
I'm not sure which dwarf you are; what are you taking revenge on?
Conchobar. I shall have my revenge on the weapon that lured me to my death through a cunning strategy that probably involves me being lured to my death some more.

Fabubutt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: April 05, 2012, 04:54:12 pm »

Why do I keep dying but nobody redorfs me? :( Dariush *insert number*, anybody useful. Preferably a legendary. Maybe a noble.

Because there are no dorfs to dorf with, as far as I think was said?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 05, 2012, 05:02:20 pm »

I dwarfed Dariush III as a badass hunter with silver arrows; he just had the misfortune of trying to fight off half a dozen trolls and just as many ogres by himself.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 06, 2012, 11:14:52 pm »

As far as I know, my Dorf is spending all his(/her?) time bone carving. Bone bolts, or bone crafts?
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 07, 2012, 02:17:45 pm »

Well, I've got the save and I've been trying to play it - unfortunately I'm only mostly through spring.  It's running really, really slowly.  I'll put a post up later today sometime after we finally hit summer.

I'm not going to be able to do a year by this coming Weds, so if you guys want to skip me or have me upload the save partially done I'm fine with that.

Some better news is that we did get migrants - unfortunately, at least two of them decided that the most important thing they could do was trap cleaning, so the net gain is 2 migrants and a bunch of trash on the surface.
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: April 07, 2012, 05:09:45 pm »

What's the average fps in the fort now? And what are the stats on your rig?
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 07, 2012, 05:51:20 pm »

In case Ghills won't be able to make it, I'd like to be bumped down one spot AGAIN. I sort of absolutely failed maths so I need to redo that, which means I need to spend all my time for a while studying and yeah.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: April 07, 2012, 08:01:16 pm »

Ghills, go ahead and play what you can. A partial year is better than nothing.

Ieb: What kind of maths?

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: April 07, 2012, 11:14:53 pm »

Thanks, Mego.  I'll try to get through summer at least.

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't my hardware.  I had to upgrade to Vista recently, and my computer is much slower ever since. :(  I finally finished spring, though, so here's a fort update!

Dariush, you didn't list any preferences about what dwarf you got, so you got migrant #2.  She's durable, quick on her feet and ecstatic about not needing to flee from skele-ox any more.  Currently she's the latest addition to our hauling brigade, which is about the most useful thing a dwarf can be right now, we're drowning in stuff.

Update:

Look around, at the central hall of our mountainhome.  Glorious, isn't it? It was not always so.  We are lucky to have come so far from so little.  Look at the safety and security of our halls, listen to the fading clacking of minecarts, and hear the whispers of our ancestors.  They are all around us. What do they tell you, young dwarf?

I don't know, Grandpa.  There are so many of them around!  All they do is talk.

Well, let's see.  What about that one, near the flowing pillar.  I shall ask his story.

Year 215, in the Spring (I Think)
We sprinted into this place barely ahead of the skeletal wilddeath. 2 others didn't make it, only my wife Dariush IV and I managed to enter the fort.  Everything aboveground was a frozen wasteland, and below ground not much better.  Little kittens wandered the surface for lack of owners, while crazed inhabitants make mad dashes to clean the surface traps that keep the wilddeath occupied.

I was lucky - I know a wound from a broken bone, and tended victims of UrDeth the Falling Spats in my youth. I was granted a prominent place inside the fort, and relieved from all responsibility to clean and tend the traps.  I was the chief medical dwarf of this fort, then.

An old dwarf named Eric II panicked and screamed about gloves and equipment.  He could not move to find them, and thought it was my duty as doctor to get him back on his feet.  His feet were gone.  I could not help but think that he must be utterly incapable of handling stress to behave like that.  Another dwarf named Tasrak II created some leather masterpiece - I could not get close enough to examine it in detail. 

The only other news of note that spring was that some elvish merchants made it through to the fort, but were so distraught over the loss of their comrades, oxen, and the time spent fleeing from wilddeath that they left without trading at all. Elves!

Hellcannon was surprisingly quiet that season.  The other inhabitants spoke in hushed tones of dead comrades, and strange cries echo in the caverns below, but little disturbed us.  Not even the ghosts haunting this fort.  There are many now, and were many then, but they are mostly quiet, unassuming souls.  One was even laid to rest then, with a beautiful slab in the catacombs.  Kitkun II told me that there were 3 new distinct cries coming from the lower caverns, and one, a large steam cloud, seemed to be trying to beak into the lower plumbing. No creatures succeeded in entering the fort, however.  All was calm, like the peace before the storm.

I took up engravings in my spare time and made my first attempts on my bedroom walls.  You may go there and see them if you like.  I have forgotten much about that long-ago time, and they doubtless record more than I can say now. They were only first attempts, but what they lack in beauty perhaps they achieve in accuracy.

My engravings for that season:
https://imgur.com/a/hgPF4

To summarize:

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 07, 2012, 11:40:19 pm »

I had to downgrade to Vista recently, and my computer is much slower ever since.

FTFY.

Mego was disgusted by an inferior OS recently.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 08, 2012, 12:23:27 am »

Reudh was indifferent about operating systems lately, though he will admit Vista is bloaty.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 208