Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797319 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2190 on: April 08, 2012, 01:01:06 am »

Reudh was indifferent about operating systems lately, though he will admit Vista is bloaty.

Upgrade to 7 ASAP and you'll be much happier

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: April 08, 2012, 03:43:57 am »

Ghills, go ahead and play what you can. A partial year is better than nothing.

Ieb: What kind of maths?

Geometry. Turns out, I'm still absolutely horrible at maths. I didn't get ANY of the questions right, or even used the right methods to count 'em.

Oh well. It's just maths.

Grath

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: April 08, 2012, 07:57:29 am »

I had to use something completely inferior to Linux recently, and my computer is much slower ever since.

FTFY.

Mego was disgusted by an inferior OS recently.

Two can edit quotes to reflect personal preference. Vista was kinda bloated but if you had a computer that could handle it, it worked just fine. Vista's main problem was the PoS Walmart computers that would come pre-installed with Vista and like 500MB of RAM and then, for some reason, not work well. Windows 7 is literally Windows 6.1 (where Vista was Windows 6) if you pay attention to Microsoft's version numbers. They did trim some bloat, but most of what they did to "fix" 7 was that by the time people got their hands on Windows 7, Microsoft had told the prebuilt computer manufacturers "Stop that you dicks" and most people upgrading on their own had also upgraded their own computers to handle Vista.

Anyways, requesting (re? I forget) dorfing. Grath - preferably Male - Don't particularly care.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: April 08, 2012, 09:58:08 am »

Our personal preference is the same, it seems. I would love to continue this discussion, but this thread is not the proper place for it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: April 10, 2012, 07:19:25 pm »

And thusly did the fortress of Hellcannon perish to the endless cycles of time, in a sea of silence.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: April 10, 2012, 07:26:45 pm »

Not if you have anything to say about it.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: April 10, 2012, 08:30:37 pm »

Gee, I was just about to call that out.

It's only been two days.

Which, granted, is an eternity on this forum.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: April 10, 2012, 08:37:08 pm »

Gee, I was just about to call that out.

It's only been two days.

Which, granted, is an eternity on this forum.

This. It seems like so much longer, though.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: April 10, 2012, 08:57:54 pm »

I'm still alive, and the fort's still (barely) going.  I just haven't had time to write up a post. I've got some pictures and stuff I'll put up later, but OOC:

Someone thought it was a good idea to leave the water-wheel/main sewer room *and* the top of the volcano with open access to the caverns (FBs can swim, yo!).  Now we've got 2 different FBs that swam on in and started rampaging around - I've blocked off the central staircase so they won't wander up into the fort proper, but the forge and a bunch of dwarfs are blocked off too.  Trying to get an alternate staircase dug before they all dehydrate, but for some reason no one is willing to pick up a pick.  ::)  And the random skeletal gremlin didn't help  either. 

Strategia and one other dwarf - Stormtrooper? - got cornered while trying kill the FBs and didn't make it.

The human traders actually got here, and we actually managed to trade with them, despite the broker getting a strange mood *after* they arrived and I flipped the "broker needed at depot" setting.   He's already named (Kar Puwuncob, profession El Presidente), but I'm wondering whether his profession should really be "Wally" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dilbert_characters#Wally for sheer dedication to refusing to do his job.  Any thoughts?

In other news, I think 1/2 of fortress 'residents' are actually ghosts.  They wander around dining halls, (try to) sleep in their beds - Reudh II is particularly fond of this.  And it looks like a herd of cats is hanging out around where their former person died (the corpse is still there, they've kind of clustered around it and are randomly attacking each other).  The necromantic aura of Hellcannon's biome is probably trying to turn the whole thing into an undead fort. ;)

Also, we got migrants and they all died at the hooves of skox.

I just barely finished summer, but I'll try to handle the FBs before passing the save on.  We'll see how much time I have tomorrow.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: April 10, 2012, 09:13:15 pm »

Ah, good old Hellcannon. I'm sure by this point, long time residents simply accept the ghosts. Chat with them, ask them to hand them tools, clean up after them after they try and fail to drink booze.

They're basically the same as regular dorfs, except they don't have to go around walls.
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: April 10, 2012, 09:18:07 pm »

The human traders actually got here, and we actually managed to trade with them, despite the broker getting a strange mood *after* they arrived and I flipped the "broker needed at depot" setting.   He's already named (Kar Puwuncob, profession El Presidente), but I'm wondering whether his profession should really be "Wally" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dilbert_characters#Wally for sheer dedication to refusing to do his job.  Any thoughts?

No, he's earned the right to his own name.  He's the dwarf that somehow keeps reincarnating whenever he dies.  You'd better ensure he gets whatever he needs for his mood though.  I suspect a mood shift might be permanent through all his reincarnations.  Wouldn't want an eternal beserker roaming the halls...

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: April 10, 2012, 09:22:35 pm »

No, he's earned the right to his own name.  He's the dwarf that somehow keeps reincarnating whenever he dies.  You'd better ensure he gets whatever he needs for his mood though.  I suspect a mood shift might be permanent through all his reincarnations.  Wouldn't want an eternal beserker roaming the halls...

AND WHY THE HELL NOT?

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: April 10, 2012, 09:38:29 pm »

AND WHY THE HELL NOT?

Shall I fetch the torches and pitchforks?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: April 10, 2012, 09:41:15 pm »

AND WHY THE HELL NOT?

Shall I fetch the torches and pitchforks?
Yes! It's angry mob time.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: April 10, 2012, 09:52:00 pm »

Sounds like a good reason to lose another limb and hang out in the hospital...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 208