Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797618 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2235 on: April 17, 2012, 07:43:19 pm »

My fort in an evil desert finally fell just as I was about to complete my 20 or so z-level magma pump stack that would enable me to scour the surface of all unlife.

Wouldn't it have just set them on fire? Magma doesn't cause HP damage, so it wouldn't hurt undead. That's why Hellcannon still has a skeletal blind cave ogre sitting in the magma sea.
I fail to see why perma-burning zombies would be a problem.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 17, 2012, 07:47:17 pm »

My fort in an evil desert finally fell just as I was about to complete my 20 or so z-level magma pump stack that would enable me to scour the surface of all unlife.

Wouldn't it have just set them on fire? Magma doesn't cause HP damage, so it wouldn't hurt undead. That's why Hellcannon still has a skeletal blind cave ogre sitting in the magma sea.
I fail to see why perma-burning zombies would be a problem.

I never said that.

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 17, 2012, 11:04:25 pm »

Do we currently have a CMD?  Also, am I alive presently?  If no and yes, I would very much like to become the CMD, because of stuff that happened in the "If Bay Forum were a mountain hall" thread.
At the moment, my dwarf is the CMD for storyline purposes. I'll be sure to step down as CMD at the end of the The Doctor's reign and promote you to the newly-vacated position.
Im in militia right? Or am I dead already?
It seems you have passed into the void. I've got 4 new migrants, so do we have a list? If not, I'll just give them out first come first serve.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 18, 2012, 07:21:50 am »

Do we currently have a CMD?  Also, am I alive presently?  If no and yes, I would very much like to become the CMD, because of stuff that happened in the "If Bay Forum were a mountain hall" thread.
At the moment, my dwarf is the CMD for storyline purposes. I'll be sure to step down as CMD at the end of the The Doctor's reign and promote you to the newly-vacated position.
Im in militia right? Or am I dead already?
It seems you have passed into the void. I've got 4 new migrants, so do we have a list? If not, I'll just give them out first come first serve.

It's pastebinned, link is in third post. Make sure to update it when your turn ends.

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 18, 2012, 11:42:01 pm »

I apologize for no update today, but tomorrow I will have one, guaranteed.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 21, 2012, 02:16:09 am »

Good news everyone! Due to the unfortunate timing of my temporary employment and the time my math test redo would take place, I'm not going to be able to take it! So I'm once again free to do my turn whenever it comes around. I'll be monitoring this thread for that again.

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 21, 2012, 01:22:45 pm »

We're still waiting on Epi  >:(

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 21, 2012, 04:43:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

15th of Timber.
   We've been sieged by the goblins, just as a caravan arrives, It didn't fare well for the traders. This may pose a difficulty in the future for trade ocnsidering literally none of them survived.

1st of Moonstone.
   Due to the lack on the miner's interest in our new hospital, I've repurposed our siege engine workshop, as we don't have a single siege engine. It's far easier this way. The hospital can now also double as a mass migrant storage room for future overseers.

17th of Moonstone.
   I've made a complete mistake. I cannot find the sealing lever, and dwarves are dying by blundering into the outside world. We're down to 26 dwarves. It's not pleasant. I've decided to simply put down a door to simplfy the process due to inept management processes.

I've made a list of the remaining surviving dwarves:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2243 on: April 21, 2012, 05:41:28 pm »

If I understand that list right Im not drafted, so feel free to draft Kaamanen 3s I can have my vengeance.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 21, 2012, 05:45:22 pm »

I think my dwarf was supposed to be Deathsword IV. Also, just forbid everything on the surface.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 21, 2012, 08:21:13 pm »

I see TAD's still alive.  I wonder who's been telling the dwarves that went outside about the supposed abandoned trade caravan....

All according to plan...

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 21, 2012, 08:36:57 pm »

Hmm I wonder if TAD could use a co-conspirator..

dorf me please...cousac-male (julisia if female)-any job-Evil Cackler :) i hope i did that right :-/

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 21, 2012, 09:15:03 pm »

Deathsword's Log

They are here. Right on schedule. So the goblins (with which I have no connection to at all) killed the caravan. So we get told to go and grab the caravan's stuff, but the overseer, after a whole bunch of deaths, denies that he gave the order. I was on break, so I didn't need to get up there. Would've been wierd too, and would probably result in a bunch of uncomfortable questions. What kind of questions? Mostly why I went for the hoods and coats instead of the socks, of course. Obviously. Not questions about why the goblins wouldn't attack me. If they didn't attack me, it's because I was being sneaky, not that I am a goblin spy. Which I am not. As stated many, many times. I saw that TAD guy muttering something about a plan or whatnot. He got all quiet when I asked him about it. I guess I'll need to keep an eye on him, should his plans conflict with mine. Said plans are, obviously not related to helping the goblins, since that would be just stupid. Obviously.

End of Log

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 22, 2012, 03:16:30 am »

My dorf is somehow not dead yet. Cool.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 22, 2012, 10:07:25 am »

Well I'm dead.
DevilEd III-N/A-Theif
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 208