Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 795429 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2265 on: April 26, 2012, 10:03:03 pm »

Oh look, only 10 other players before I get another turn.

Has anyone warned Ieb that his turn has come up?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: April 27, 2012, 12:00:30 am »

I have not yet, due to the fact that I should be asleep right now.

Also this. Pretty sure I already linked that, but it seems appropriate still.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: April 27, 2012, 01:49:04 am »

What a nice thing to read right after waking up. Will begin playing at some point today. Maybe after all my boring work.

EDIT: HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh My Fucking God and Other Amazing Stories Of The Benevolent Overlord Of Hellcannon.

It is once again my pleasant duty of presiding over the dwarves of Hellcannon and generally be an awesome guy when it comes to keeping everyone ali- OH MY FUCKING GOD ALL THESE GHOSTS

SHUT UP ERIC WE KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE WORKING LIMBS

GOD

HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN OH GOD WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME WHO HAS TO TURN THIS SLED HEADED INTO MAGMA AROUND TO GREENER PASTURES
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFokay I'm better now.

We have 24 living dwarves in the fort, the number of dorf ghosts is 3/4 of that. Lovely.

The first thing that happens? Dariush gives birth to a widdle baby, and we're now 1 dorf ahead of being overrun by ghosts. My first task as the overlord: Get rid of these fucking ghosts. My second task as the overlord: Bring this fort back to it's feet. AGAIN.

While trying to find what is what, I find out a lovely little thing. There's supposed to be a lever here connected to THE CRUSHER. The lever is gone.

What the fuck? Is this a trash compactor? No, too many bridges, this is a goblin crusher. Why is it connected to the outer world then? Wouldn't whoever is pulling this lever shit their pants the moment a weasel walks down the ramp and run away screaming?

Maybe it's better that this thing was destroyed by some benevolent soul. Regardless, I'll put down orders for replacing the lever and put it to some more sensible place.

On the 14th day of Opal, Rridgway II Lorbamònul made Standardmirrors the diorite throne.

It is encircled with bands of diorite, and surrounded by an aura of mediocrity! I'm having more fun watching our cats fight each other. I don't even want to know who thought of this thing.

With Opal drawing close to it's end, I am taunted. By our own creations! A lever in the ROOM OF LEVERS is noted to use the entrance sealing mechanisms, but as far as I can tell, IT DOES NOTHING. Maybe it's not linked to the entrance I'm thinking of? Then what entrance does it link to? Oh for fucks sake. I put down the order to add a whole new lever to fix this issue. Nebélarak the cassiterite mechanism will be the key to our victory, or downfall! Possibly both. Especially considering the number of mechanisms around here that seem to be linked to some mysterious machine or room full of either water or magma.

One such mystery room seems to be an indoor aquarium. I think it was SUPPOSED to be a power generator room, judging from the waterwheels, but the unfinished(or broken) axel section tells me that it is either a failed project, or one that never worked. There's a lot of shad in the waters though. It's a nice spot to relax at or take your kids fishing, when you want to get away from all the corpses and shit that are in our fucking interior rooms.

God damn, all these skeletons and skeletal remains. While work is being done to link those things I ordered(funny how fast that was put under work, maybe these guys actually want to live), I've begun to amuse myself by going through the levels on the fort in order to find and unforbid corpses that need moving. And there's a lot of 'em. From forgotten monsters, to dwarves. And... other things. God damn.

15th of Obsidian. With reports coming in about Reudh II's ghost toppling a bed, I've appointed Mantisman as our Burial expert for the time being. We have loads of empty coffins, and at least SOME of these god damn ghosts have to be appeased by having their earthly remains placed in 'em, right?

I also found a ballista that's aimed at a used staircase. In fact, from the stockpile that has one lone ballista bolt in it, I think this was actually planned to be used heavily. What the hell guys?

Ah, at the end of winter all the gobbos finally decided to turn and flee. And then were immediately replaced by ANOTHER siege group. Well, MAYBE ALL THOSE TRAPS WE HAVE WILL DO SOMETHING HUH? My official enemy count is: A whole lot.  Note to self: Replace or at least forbid those cage traps at the start of our trap corridor. What the hell will we do with all these caged trolls huh? The good news are: Our trap corridor sent the enemy forces packing, after their heavy troll squad was chopped, smashed and stabbed apart. Now all we have to do is clean all the clogged traps and do something about those troll cages.

It's Spring now, the snow is falling, the skeletons are skulking about. And to rub it on a bit more, a hill titan made of snow has arrived, swinging it's magnificent dual tails about. Who cares, let it stay there with all the other huge piles of snow. We aren't in any short supply of that stuff after all.

But alas, luck would not let us not be harassed by a ball of snow! With a mighty crash our impenetratable lockable front door shattered apart and the snowball rolled in, hellbent on breaking yet another of our impenetratable lockable doors!

So the military was given the orders to go and kill it. And then I found out that two of three soldiers had either mining or woodcutting as their offtime work, so they had nothing on. They had managed to put on pants by the time El Presidente ended up in a brief scuffle with the beast and Mantisman sprung from ambush to rescue our glorious leader.

What a glorious battle it was.

What's that my eyes see? Why, I'd never- MIGRANTS! THREE OF THEM!

Strategia IV
The Master
Conchobar VI

Strategia is an expert on Engraving and Masonry, while The Master just said that "they're back".
Conchobar, a talented axeman, was thrilled to hear that they'd once again get to serve in the military.
Then they saw the state of our militia, spat on the moss floor and said that she'd make men out of 'em.

There, a brief update of stuff. More to come later, I also just updated along what I saw on the update list because I figured that overrides all the posts done here that aren't updated on it yet.

Mid-Summer. 4 migrants arrived and everyone got indoors safely.

Reudh III is a talented metalsmith, competent gemsetter and a HIGH MASTER SOAPER.
DevilEd II is the shiftiest looking adequate armorsmith I've ever seen.
cousac is a GRAND MASTER WEAPONSMITH, competent shearer, a talented consoler and HAPPILY MARRIED TO OGRIN II.
Ogrin II wanted to stab eyes, so she's in the military now.

Not much has happened. I sealed a few spots that looked dangerous, FB or otherwise, the glass spider should now be perfectly contained in the magma pumps until we have enough manpower to take it out, another FB however found a steel door at a location that was dangerously close to a staircase that led to the fort, but it's now sealed as well.

THIS JUST IN

CAQUAT SHIBBI HAS BLED TO DEATH. No clue as to how it happened.
Has some unhappy citizen committed a crime most foul!? Stay tuned!

EDIT: My detective skills brought be the answer to the question everyone has been wondering about! It seems that on his way to train, Caquat took a shortcut, and opened a door that holds behind it a whole lot of magma. He bled to death soon after having been splashed by a few tiles of the stuff. That's our Captain!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:35:59 pm by Ieb »

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: April 27, 2012, 04:00:40 pm »

Caquat, the legendary axedwarf? Crap.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: April 27, 2012, 04:32:30 pm »

I don't think he was legendary. Wasn't flashing when I saw the corpse. I'll check once I play some more. Tomorrow. Will be finished with my turn then too, probably.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: April 27, 2012, 04:48:39 pm »

And so dies Bloodied Blossom. Not in combat, but by opening a door to a room full of magma.

We have rooms full of magma with unlocked doors?

Somebody must have made improvements!

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: April 27, 2012, 05:21:06 pm »

I am working on sealing 'em as soon as the magma evaporates, but yeah. By the looks of it, the guy opened the door for some reason. It wasn't forbidden either because really, who would have thought a dorf would be stupid enough to take a shortcut there since it's not even a shortcut.

It's a possibility that a ghost opened the door too though. I got rid of a whole lot of 'em, as well as finding that one guy's tomb that didn't want to be buried, so I got rid of it. This can in no way backfire on us.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: April 27, 2012, 05:44:22 pm »

Yeah, I just double-checked, and Caquat Shibbi became an Axe Lord during my turn. Terrible way to go...
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: April 27, 2012, 08:55:13 pm »

I'd like to ask something: people are not trying to use the fort in the 2012 version, are they? I'm copying the rest of the turns into the text file and I can see no mention of it being transferred (not that it'd work, I think) or keeping it in 0.31.25. Some posters, however, seemed to think that the save was compatible, so I find it's best to make sure. Also, Mego, could you please change the thread title in order to indicate that we are using 0.31.25?

EDIT: Updated version of archive. I know I've been asking for a lot of things, but, if possible, could you stick that link in the OP should anyone want it?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:40:19 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2274 on: April 27, 2012, 09:47:06 pm »

I'd like to ask something: people are not trying to use the fort in the 2012 version, are they? I'm copying the rest of the turns into the text file and I can see no mention of it being transferred (not that it'd work, I think) or keeping it in 0.31.25. Some posters, however, seemed to think that the save was compatible, so I find it's best to make sure. Also, Mego, could you please change the thread title in order to indicate that we are using 0.31.25?

EDIT: Updated version of archive. I know I've been asking for a lot of things, but, if possible, could you stick that link in the OP should anyone want it?

O_O

What is this I don't even

*goes to do Deathsword's bidding*

(yes this is a 0.31.25 fort)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:52:27 pm by Mego »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: April 27, 2012, 10:34:27 pm »

As one can see in the Hellcannon part, I've numbered the turns. I've yet to do this on the other two forts.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: April 27, 2012, 11:02:12 pm »

I'm not even sure the save would work with 2012.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: April 27, 2012, 11:36:24 pm »

A freshly-genned 31.25 save doesn't even show up in the 34.07 interface when looking in the "start playing" menu. I honestly doubt a previously-played game would be treated any differently.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: April 28, 2012, 12:18:54 pm »

God damn was I slow with this one. HERE, MY TURN IS NOW DONE, GOOD LUCK NEXT GUY! YOU'LL NEED IT! Save game here. Also, how the hell is my overlord OOC talk about what I did longer than what actually happened?

End of summer. Humans arrived to trade, made it in as the herd of skelindeers was too busy goofing off in the distance. Trading away LOADS OF CRAP to make it obvious to migrants that HELLCANNON IS STILL GOING STRONG, COME ON IN ERRYONE!

AND RIGHT AFTER THAT A FORGOTTEN BEAST ARRIVES.

Turns out that the farmplot area had TWO TILES OPEN to the cavern that the beast used to swoop in, topple a farmplot and start making beef jerky out of a cat. IT IS BOCASH, THE ENORMOUS SCALY LADY BUG! BEWARE ITS DEADLY SPITTLE!
The Crystalline Scholars are ordered to move it like they mean it as the cat still is being used as a punching bag. First to arrive is Ogrin II. MantisMan is soon to follow, swooping in from ambush just in time to save Ogrin II from being bumrushed to oblivion. The killing blow comes from MantisMan, who swings his adamantine battle axe in an arc and bisects the monstrous creature in half.

Closing that god damn hole now, I can't believe it wasn't discovered earlier through surprise FB attacks. The cat survived the initial attack, but it's unlikely it'll survive it's injuries.

Strategia IV is also busy being in a strange mood. It's either a mason mood, or an engraver mood. PLACE BETS NOW.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mid-Autumn. 3 migrants arrive.

A High Master woodcutter/adequate miner/expert clothier/novice soldier.
A high master animal dissector/novice miller&potash maker/skilled gem setter.
An adequate wood crafter/novice mason&metalsmith. I'm making this guy a metalcrafter. Got to make some fancy crap to sell to our dorf traders. Maybe we'd get bigger migrant waves then!

End of autumn. Traders arrive. THREE OF THEM! THREE! Oh well, they've must have had it as rough as this fort has had. While ordering finished good bins to be moved into the depot, I find out something. All the bins are made of lead. Oh dear lord. After a lot of emptying a few bins for extra dorfbucks, the traders leave with 21k of profit, and we end up with a lot of shit we didn't even really need. BUT WE NEED TO FOOL THOSE MIGRANT SCUM SOMEHOW!

As the merchants depart, cousac goes secretive and claims a magma forge. SCORE! AND YOU KNOW WHAT HE MAKES? A GOD DAMN ADAMANTINE MACE. Great, what a nice thing for him to do on my turn as Overseer, he makes a god damn wiffle bat that everyone will remember this reign by.

ENJOY THIS FINELY CRAFTED MS PAINT ARTWORK OF THE WEAPON OF GODLY POWER

That's it for my turn. Nothing really hilarious happened, I was paying too much attention keeping everyone alive and getting as many migrants as possible for the next guy to bother with shit. Speaking of migrants, we got 9 of 'em in my turn and there are 2 free for dorfing(along that dorf child) in case there's someone I missed when going through the pages and looking for who wanted a dorf and hadn't got one, or their requests couldn't be met somehow.

I noticed that Ogrin II was dorfed at some point but died, so they're now properly named as Ogrin III. All the dorfs have been busy with a lot of shit so they haven't had a lot of time to throw crazy parties or whatever. Do we even have rooms eligible for parties? Anyway, everyone dorfed SHOULD now have their proper numbers right, if not, speak up so the next guy can fix 'em. Urist Imiknorris is also dorfed and the current Captain of the Guard because uhh, the list said so. I think.

Sealed some holes that FB's could have used to attack from, was delighted to see that our trap corridor is able to get rid of gobbo sieges and skeletal wildlife attacks without ending up clogged for good. Made some more bronze, although we have a shitload of it already and a whole lot of bronze armor as well. Quite good quality too. It's ready for whomever wants to use it, be it military or "LETS MAKE A MONUMENT GAIS" that tickles your fancy.

One thing I still haven't figured out is the purpose of the giant waterwheel powergenerator room. Roughly half of the wheels function even now, but do they provide power anywhere? The room is sealed off anyway, there's a forgotten beast inside along a corpse of another FB and Strategia II's corpse. Anyone feeling crazy enough can just tear down the walls leading there, our soldiers are somewhat skilled so the FB shouldn't be too much trouble. The FB has DEADLY BLOOD though, and I have no idea what effect it has on dorfs. Knowing this forts luck, it's the sort of blood that instantly rots all your internal organs and so on.

A couple of new FB's arrived on my turn too, like an eyeless panther and a scaly giraffe, but they have no access to the fort so whatever.

We have a shitload of food and booze for a fort our size(for obvious reasons) so on that front there should be no problems. For the hell of it I've kept orders for more booze brewing and food cooking.

To the next overseer: Good luck, may your reign be more amusing than mine was. Try to get more migrants in safely, and for gods sake don't let anyone ever go aboveground. Add every new guy to the Whole Fort burrow when they get inside so they won't get any stupid ideas about going aboveground. Just to be safe, in case some stupid merchants do die up there, check that the crap they drop doesn't end up unforbidden for some stupid reason. Wouldn't want a mooder to go up there and end up mauled by the undead, after all. This world doesn't have kobolds so we don't have to worry about them stealing our trinkets and sending murder squads that bypass all our traps.

The game currently is on "show no alerts", because I got tired of Eric's cancel spam after 2 seconds(which was about a bazillion messages). You can do just fine if you keep an eye on the entry corridor and keep an eye on combat reports. It's either a catfight(literally, you'll know when you check it out) or skeletons marching to be chopped up. If you see limbs flying and gore, it's a gobbo ambush squad.

Here's the dorf list. Just like how Mego wanted it! I hope.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: April 28, 2012, 01:32:54 pm »

THANK JEGUS I FINALLY GOT EVERYTHING UPDATED!
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 208