Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 803851 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2490 on: June 01, 2012, 10:25:30 am »

I take Gizogin and I survived the whole incident.

Still, El Presidente Glorioso deserves to be added to the badass entry in the tvtropes page. Going to do that now.

You both did, yes.  Gizogin actually later had to put down the moody DevilEd.  You...  I think you may be unable to walk?  At least I HOPE you have a good excuse for never showing.  I should check this.

I am not a goblin spy... I think.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: June 01, 2012, 10:27:51 am »

That's what TAD wants you to think!

Also, I think the numbering for my guy is wrong.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: June 01, 2012, 10:57:53 am »

All I know is TAD got the hell out of there the moment trouble started.  Smart dwarf, really.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: June 01, 2012, 11:28:07 am »

All I know is TAD got the hell out of there the moment trouble started.  Smart dwarf, really.

Actually, he came downstairs with the others to the rally point - or so it seemed. I gave the order to attack and he just kept on walking - right back up the stairs elsewhere on to some other task, evidently.  Tricky bugger.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: June 01, 2012, 11:50:02 am »

Actually, he came downstairs with the others to the rally point - or so it seemed. I gave the order to attack and he just kept on walking - right back up the stairs elsewhere on to some other task, evidently.  Tricky bugger.

All exactly as planned...

You have to admit though, he is quite wiley for a dwarf.  I don't think I've seen ANY others survive so long by dint of avoiding combat or otherwise fatal events on purpose.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: June 01, 2012, 11:58:20 am »

Frankly, it's TAD we are talking about here, it shouldn't surprise anyone.

After re-reading Catalyst's update I am really curious as to what my dwarf was doing instead of charging the bird.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: June 01, 2012, 02:35:39 pm »

Deathsword cancels Kill Forgotten Beast - Attend Party.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: June 01, 2012, 03:44:37 pm »

Is it not common knowledge that 50% of a military squad will go to get a drink/put the barrel they were drinking from back in the stockpile at any given time? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: June 01, 2012, 03:51:39 pm »

Actually, if you want it to be gramatically correct, It should be "El glorioso Presidente". Native speaker there.
Also, I told you TAD was going to miss the combat, I told you guys he was going to use you as cannon fodder xDDDDDDDDD
You never hear me... I guess it has something to be with the fact that I'm dead.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: June 01, 2012, 05:55:12 pm »

You never hear me... I guess it has something to be with the fact that I'm dead.

That never stopped anyone in Hellcannon before.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: June 01, 2012, 07:13:53 pm »

Fuck I died >>>>>>>:c

Well anyway good to see were not all dead yet.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: June 01, 2012, 07:20:59 pm »

Speaking of, where's Andreus?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: June 01, 2012, 08:07:13 pm »

Speaking of, where's Andreus?

I think we stopped redorfing him since his role on the metaplot is done. Also, El Presidente happened.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: June 01, 2012, 08:35:03 pm »

I'll take a moment to try to answer some of these questions before I start actually playing.  Also, if anyone needs re-dorfing, let me know.

Spoiler: Full Cast List. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unclaimed Dwarves: (click to show/hide)

Deathsword, as far as I can tell, (probably due to her "poor focus" in combination with being "absolutely inexhaustible" -- or maybe because she's "not" a goblin spy) has been too preoccupied trying to fill the work order for more rock blocks (they actually ran out) to respond in a timely fashion to the summons to battle. 

Aussie is apparently a sociopath.  "Poor empathy" - "tends to stare unwaveringly when she is speaking to someone" - and is in great physical shape, mighty and indefatigueable.  Plus I'm sure that "Way with words" has helped her plots.  Apparently she's been haunted, and tormented in nightmares, by the dead lately - but remains pretty unperturbed by this it would seem.

Andreus is still around, though I don't know if he's been redorfed lately, maybe he's just surviving.  He... wait, sorry, SHE seems to be laying pretty low, actually - occupying himherself by processing plants (into thread, I think) and doing a little brewing too.  She's developed quite an array of skills, actually.  I think I have also been pulling her away to work on the aquifer breach quite a bit.

Yep, we're all girls now.

Kar has been given his new title: "El Glorioso Presidente".  He's ecstatic and enjoying a legendary meal at the moment.  Goddamn, he doesn't even have any notable physical attributes - did he just get extraordinarily lucky with the FB or something?  Also, apparently Epimethius is his child.

I am guessing his ecstatic mood has to do with this trait: "He is not affected by the suffering of others."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:51:22 pm by CatalystParadox »
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: June 01, 2012, 08:45:38 pm »

Deathsword, as far as I can tell, (probably due to her "poor focus" in combination with being "absolutely inexhaustible" -- or maybe because she's "not" a goblin spy) has been too preoccupied trying to fill the work order for more rock blocks (they actually ran out) to respond in a timely fashion to the summons to battle. 

It probably has to do with my rock block-producing spree in my curent turn at Flushedmoirail.

Regarding the archive, I've already added the latest catalyst update, and will upload once I finish today's edit on the Failcannon section. Stopped at turn 14 last time, so only more 10 turns to go.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 208