Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797055 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2505 on: June 01, 2012, 08:50:35 pm »

I'd like to reincarnate as shamelessly possess from beyond the grave Mosus Paintmeshes, if there isn't somebody waiting for dorfing that's willing to put up with her.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: June 01, 2012, 09:15:55 pm »

Erica, Head Stoneworker, has been redorfed.  This would be IV - yes?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: June 01, 2012, 09:33:30 pm »

Erica, Head Stoneworker, has been redorfed.  This would be IV - yes?

A III, I think. Time for evil laughter, though!

"MUAHAHAHAHAHA!" Mosus suddenly burst into a fit of laughter most evil, "Fear me, Eric, the resident sadistic ghost!"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: June 01, 2012, 09:34:15 pm »

Aww yeah, I may not have reached the bird in time to help, but I at least got to put down an insane dwarf.  I can picture it now...

"RARGH I AM AN INSANE DWARF!  TAKE THAT, GOOSE!"
"Hey!  You can't attack that goose!  I, the amazingly handsome Gizogin, shall stop you!"
*Epic spear-thrust to the brain*
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: June 01, 2012, 09:37:56 pm »

Did Reudh III, Medical Aide get redorfed?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: June 01, 2012, 10:23:14 pm »

I am sorry, I didn't get a chance to fix my labelling from IV to III for you Eric, because shit went down.

Journal of Catalyst, Puppetmaster: Final Entry

So close. So close...  The Hellcannon was almost finished.  The final linkage was being made.  The aquifer was half walled-away.  Everything seemed to be in order - though no one could reach the cats to present them as bait.  And then I heard the screech from the deep.

I don't know where and how the caverns were breached - but another beast found its way in - this one a gigantic spider composed of clear glass.  I saw no option but to dispatch the militia - I thought we would be okay - it was already cracked and shattered in many places.  I was wrong.

The creature lurked in the abandoned Checkerboard Mego created - Seanhl was the first on the scene, and thus the first to fall.  I'm afraid I won't share the details with you - it was over quickly... there is little to say about it.   He was followed by Gizogin, who managed to land a single stab, cracking it's foot - before he too was quickly laid low.  Poor Slime wandered by and his blood soon decorated the checkerboard. 

Aussie, for reasons unknown, (I can only presume this was part of some plot of his) then showed up and charged the creature.  After managing to PUNCH the damn thing a few times, he too was slain (or so he wants us to think!!!)

Meanwhile a seige arrived, but I paid little attention.  Imagine my surprise when they managed to break into the fort.

It was time for desperate measures.  The project was ready - or nearly so - and it was time I went to arm it.  Perhaps it was extreme, but surely if used cleverly the Hellcannon could save us from this mess.

Hell was breached.

Their numbers were ludicrous - far more than I have listed above.  I turned and fled as quickly as my legs would carry me, back into the main chamber of the Cannon - roiling clouds of ash and flame spewing forth behind me.  They closed on me and soon I felt their savage blows rain down on my back - but I had achieved my purpose - I had led them just where I wanted them...

It was then I noticed the lone bait-chamber - the final linkage of the project - abandoned partway through and gaping open. ???

The last thing I saw before the world went dark were the salt-beasts tramping through the abandoned blocks and mechanisms into the maintenance tunnel of the Hellcannon - and I knew all my efforts had been for naught.

------

It's not actually quite as bleak as I make it sound - I managed to have someone slam shut some gates behind the demons and the only ones actually inside the fort are a pair of Brine Haunts.  The others somehow slipped out of the stairway to hell into the magma sea (how?!?).  No idea where there's a gap that allowed them to do this.  I am unsure if this will be enough for them to get into the fort elsewhere, but there should at least be time to fix it - on both accounts.

I am ending my turn a few days early, because it seems like the right moment - and I want to give the poor bastard inheriting this mess as much time as possible to implement whatever insane gambit they are going to try to save this place.  Good luck you poor sod, may Armok be with you.

!!Save!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:33:55 pm by CatalystParadox »

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: June 01, 2012, 10:28:45 pm »

Oh gods... This is the end.
I make Spellcrafts!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: June 01, 2012, 10:30:03 pm »

Do you have ANY idea how difficult it is to fake your death with a live Forgotten Beast?  It's tricky, to say the least...

Also, I feel sorry for the next guy.  Three of those demon types are laughably easy to kill, three more will need crossbows to kill if you don't want them bursting and melting your militia dwarves and the last one (the yellow diamond BRUTE that spits DEADLY DUST) is probably unstoppable short of obsidian-casting.  You poor bastards.

Oh, and I wasn't the one that built the Checkerboard, Mego did.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: June 01, 2012, 10:35:33 pm »

This is going to be amusing.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: June 01, 2012, 10:38:17 pm »

Seems somehow fitting that HellCannon will fail because it's titular weapon doesn't work.  Seems familiar, somehow...

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: June 01, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »

A shrill and chilling cackle rings out across the ether...

Journal of Queen Led - Parasite in Catalyst's Mind

At last, my darlings roam free!  Finally I can stop hiding in that insipid creature's mind, now that she has served her purpose.

Where did she think the sudden increase of her psychic powers came from, anyway?  Practice? Hah!  Any dwarf with half a brain would have known I was behind it all along...  If any such dwarves existed to begin with, that is.

The Hellcannon is complete - and working exactly as I always intended.  Soon my army will be loose on the world, and none shall stand before the devastation!

All according to plan...

------

(fixed the name in my previous post - thanks Aussie)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: June 01, 2012, 10:43:23 pm »

Seems somehow fitting that HellCannon will fail because it's titular weapon doesn't work.  Seems familiar, somehow...

I seriously cannot tell you how many times I checked those exact bridges and linkages. 

The worst part is the OTHER bridge actually WAS connected and closed properly - but I decided to leave it in the other position instead so the bait chambers could still potentially be loaded.

Anyway, if there was leakage into the magma sea area all along, then that's the real problem - not the incomplete cannon containment.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: June 01, 2012, 10:45:12 pm »

You... jerk.
Do you realize what you have done?
You have doomed us all!</drama>

Whelp, I feel sorry for the next poor bastard to get reign of this fort.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: June 01, 2012, 10:45:46 pm »

I seriously cannot tell you how many times I checked those exact bridges and linkages. 

The worst part is the OTHER bridge actually WAS connected and closed properly - but I decided to leave it in the other position instead so the bait chambers could still potentially be loaded.

Anyway, if there was leakage into the magma sea area all along, then that's the real problem - not the incomplete cannon containment.

So it turned out to be leaky and couldn't pressurize properly?  Sounds like FAILCANNON to me...

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: June 01, 2012, 10:46:17 pm »

I feel like I had a hand in the coming downfall of the fortress, for suggesting the name, suggesting the construction of the titular weapon, and trying to make the first step in doing so (and failing horribly).

I also feel like that hand actually belongs to Aussie.

Also, arcangelsd, good fucking luck.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 208