Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785357 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2565 on: June 06, 2012, 07:52:53 pm »

Knowing these forts, the fastest route to the surface might even be changing constantly.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: June 06, 2012, 09:53:48 pm »

Demon 1: Which way leads out!?
Demon 2: Um, the exit seems to be in a state of flux.
Demon 1: How... how is that even possible? We finally escape hell to end up in this labyrinth of tunnels will our torment never end?
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: June 06, 2012, 09:59:48 pm »

Demon 1: How... how is that even possible? We finally escape hell to end up in this labyrinth of tunnels will our torment never end?

And then they go back to Hell because it's nicer there. I hear they even have strawberries now.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: June 06, 2012, 10:24:19 pm »

And then they go back to Hell because it's nicer there. I hear they even have strawberries now.

Of COURSE Hell's nicer.  Have you seen Hellcannon lately?

seanhl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: June 06, 2012, 10:28:06 pm »

What if we locked our glorious president in a private waterfall-filled bedroom made of gold and his favourite metals while systematically killing off his friends and loved ones in a series of 'accidents'?  It should render him uncaring about anything while remaining utterly ecstatic.

...This may be one of the most terrible ideas I've ever suggested for a community fortress... :-\
THIS is truly the greatest, most dwarfy thought EVER!!!

seanhl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: June 06, 2012, 10:35:37 pm »

well, uh, since I died again, can I get another, I'll be switching to my newer account b/c I was bored with my old username (been using it on EVERYTHING since I was 6) can my next one be named RenegadeSparks, with the custom job "Tolkien it up" real job axe-dwarf

RenegadeSparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here to watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: June 06, 2012, 10:51:52 pm »

For future reference, this is my (Seanhl) new account
Good news everyone, we have a caged zombie dwarf.

Knowing the Battlefailed saga, he's probably going to get elected mayor at some point.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: June 07, 2012, 04:48:31 am »

Ok. I got spare time. It was only RenegadeSparks who wanted a redorfing?

Ok, I opened Dwarf Therapist, and it registers TWO Megos (IV and V). How does that even happen : /
The dead Mego shows up in the units list as deceased. I can change his labors thought.
And, for some reason, the blind cave ogre name in the (u)nits list is flashing red and yellow VERY fast. I'm disturbed.

Half of the tunnels just go nowhere. no wonder the clowns get lost, I just found what I think are the living quarters.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:14:51 am by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: June 07, 2012, 05:09:25 am »

Wasn't he permanently on fire?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: June 07, 2012, 05:15:51 am »

Yup. She, I think. At the bottom of the magma pipe. The clowns will probably kill her.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: June 07, 2012, 05:42:29 am »

Eric, did the clowns move in your saved game? Because... in mine, they are only enjoying a magma bath : /
Yeah, they caught up to her. Poor thing.
On the other hand, our local wilddeath is killing some trolls. Normal stuff there.

I have only another wall to be finished, and the crisis will be averted. Casualties: 0
Yet.

Ironically, the mechanism-operated door that leads to the panic room makes me unable to finish that damn last wall. Now the clowns are in the forges. Pray to Armok, people.

Crisis averted. Salvaged all the fortress save the magma forges and the panic room. This is incredibly ironic.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:21:30 am by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

RenegadeSparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here to watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: June 07, 2012, 06:47:18 am »

I have only another wall to be finished, and the crisis will be averted. Casualties: 0
Yet.

Crisis averted. Salvaged all the fortress save the magma forges and the panic room. This is incredibly ironic.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand now something horrible is going to happen to balance out this "good luck"
Good news everyone, we have a caged zombie dwarf.

Knowing the Battlefailed saga, he's probably going to get elected mayor at some point.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: June 07, 2012, 07:13:52 am »

Yet.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand now something horrible is going to happen to balance out this "good luck"

That's not how Hellcannon works - One overseer will fix the potentially cataclysmic disaster instigated by the previous overseer and then the one after them will undo their hard work while starting a new project.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: June 07, 2012, 07:19:39 am »

Yet.

That's not how Hellcannon works - One overseer will fix the potentially cataclysmic disaster instigated by the previous overseer and then the one after them will undo their hard work while starting a new project.

Or they will find a "flaw" with the work done by the previous overseer, attempt to fix it, and screw the whole fortress over.

Like Andreus said,

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: June 07, 2012, 09:09:25 am »

OK, having read through the first two Battlefaileds and only now beginning the third, I would like to be doffed, please, if possible, kind overseers, sirs/madams.  I fully expect a lifespan somewhere in the mayfly range.

Silverlock -- any profession -- "Innocent Bystander"

Thanks,
Silverlock

"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 208