Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785344 times)

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2580 on: June 07, 2012, 12:08:21 pm »

And, for some reason, the blind cave ogre name in the (u)nits list is flashing red and yellow VERY fast. I'm disturbed.
Wasn't he permanently on fire?
Yup. She, I think. At the bottom of the magma pipe. The clowns will probably kill her.
Yeah, they caught up to her. Poor thing.

...Crisis averted. Salvaged all the fortress save the magma forges and the panic room. This is incredibly ironic.
Wait a minute...

*There is an undead cave ogre on fire in the magma that is somehow not dead-dead.
He dropped in while the First Battle of Hellcannon was winding down, during my turn. He's just been down there, on fire, ever since. He's like our good-luck charm, so long as that Skeletal Blind Cave Ogre is happily sitting at the bottom of the magma sea Hellcannon cannot fall :P
SWEET ARMOK WE'RE DOOMED.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:56:54 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: June 07, 2012, 12:58:27 pm »

*There is an undead cave ogre on fire in the magma that is somehow not dead-dead.
He dropped in while the First Battle of Hellcannon was winding down, during my turn. He's just been down there, on fire, ever since. He's like our good-luck charm, so long as that Skeletal Blind Cave Ogre is happily sitting at the bottom of the magma sea Hellcannon cannot fall :P
SWEET ARMOK WE'RE DOOMED.
Uh-oh...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: June 07, 2012, 01:35:20 pm »

More doomed than usual or the regular battlefailed doomed?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: June 07, 2012, 02:04:19 pm »

We have wildfires blazing in the magma forges, and in the second and third caverns. All our refined metal is now part of a nice melted collage on the floor. We have lost the previously said forges, and our panic room with some valuable supplies. We are at 18 dwarves, four of them children, and one of the able-bodied ones just died of thirst. The only dwarf with military skills is currently running up and down the stairs, half naked and wielding a pick, and on the verge of snapping. I somehow can't find TAD, and a metric fuckton of kittens are born each day. The demons are killing everything up to the second cavern level. Our main entrance is by now the place of a giant melee between trolls and our beloved wilddeath, and dwarves keep running off to store bloodied rags on bins that are 400 miles away from their position.

Doomed, you say? I don't find anything for what anybody could be worried about. A quite jolly time I'm having, I'd say.
On the other hand, we can now say that the deployment of the HELLCANNON has been a success. Only that now, instead of dealing with 15+ FBs, we have to deal with 30+ clowns.
And I already have plans to make a "Clown-shooting booth". Wait for it. Just wait for it.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2584 on: June 07, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »

Eric, did the clowns move in your saved game? Because... in mine, they are only enjoying a magma bath : /
On the other hand, our local wilddeath is killing some trolls. Normal stuff there.

I have only another wall to be finished, and the crisis will be averted. Casualties: 0
Yet.

Ironically, the mechanism-operated door that leads to the panic room makes me unable to finish that damn last wall. Now the clowns are in the forges. Pray to Armok, people.

Crisis averted. Salvaged all the fortress save the magma forges and the panic room. This is incredibly ironic.

That's horribly anticlimactic ...

Somehow, despite the setbacks, you must find a weaponize the clowns and raze half the fort at the same time :-)

(and think of it this way, Hellcannon still gets migrants. The same can't be said for other forts that breached hell).
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: June 07, 2012, 02:29:12 pm »

TAD "died" at the end of Catalyst's turn, I think. Still, you do have an immortal dwarf running about.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: June 07, 2012, 02:40:23 pm »

Eric, did the clowns move in your saved game? Because... in mine, they are only enjoying a magma bath : /
On the other hand, our local wilddeath is killing some trolls. Normal stuff there.

I have only another wall to be finished, and the crisis will be averted. Casualties: 0
Yet.

Ironically, the mechanism-operated door that leads to the panic room makes me unable to finish that damn last wall. Now the clowns are in the forges. Pray to Armok, people.

Crisis averted. Salvaged all the fortress save the magma forges and the panic room. This is incredibly ironic.

That's horribly anticlimactic ...

Somehow, despite the setbacks, you must find a weaponize the clowns and raze half the fort at the same time :-)

(and think of it this way, Hellcannon still gets migrants. The same can't be said for other forts that breached hell).
I posted the short version, due to time constraints. I had to get back at my beloved fotovoltaic cells : ) Maybe tomorrow, you'll get the long version, and realize how horribly lucky I was xDDD

TAD "died" at the end of Catalyst's turn, I think. Still, you do have an immortal dwarf running about.

What?
No
I mean, I can swear seeing one TAD running around in the units list, and in the fortress. I swear it, I'm not making this up.
It must have been a trick of the mind. I'm pretty positive of having seen a TAD carrying something to a bin when I was building the walls.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: June 07, 2012, 04:00:24 pm »

:o
Well, that seems interesting. So TAD is still wondering around he just hasn't taken the place of his new target yet... either that... or he's scheming again.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: June 07, 2012, 05:51:42 pm »

I'm pretty positive of having seen a TAD carrying something to a bin when I was building the walls.

when I was building the walls.

the walls.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: June 07, 2012, 06:31:41 pm »

I guess we now know what really happened at The Master's turn to cause a zero-dwarf fort.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: June 07, 2012, 09:03:32 pm »

We have wildfires blazing in the magma forges, and in the second and third caverns. All our refined metal is now part of a nice melted collage on the floor. We have lost the previously said forges, and our panic room with some valuable supplies. We are at 18 dwarves, four of them children, and one of the able-bodied ones just died of thirst. The only dwarf with military skills is currently running up and down the stairs, half naked and wielding a pick, and on the verge of snapping. I somehow can't find TAD, and a metric fuckton of kittens are born each day. The demons are killing everything up to the second cavern level. Our main entrance is by now the place of a giant melee between trolls and our beloved wilddeath, and dwarves keep running off to store bloodied rags on bins that are 400 miles away from their position.

I mean, I can swear seeing one TAD running around in the units list, and in the fortress. I swear it, I'm not making this up.
It must have been a trick of the mind. I'm pretty positive of having seen a TAD carrying something to a bin when I was building the walls.

All. As. Planned!

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: June 07, 2012, 11:13:58 pm »

I guess we now know what really happened at The Master's turn to cause a zero-dwarf fort.

I'm kinda curious to find out if that wasn't a one off glitch...

What do we do if it turns out the fort is unkillable?

RenegadeSparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here to watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: June 07, 2012, 11:24:06 pm »

we'll do what any normal DF player would do, we'll figure out how to weaponize it and use it to kill elves
Good news everyone, we have a caged zombie dwarf.

Knowing the Battlefailed saga, he's probably going to get elected mayor at some point.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: June 07, 2012, 11:26:31 pm »

we'll do what any normal DF player would do, we'll figure out how to weaponize it and use it to kill elves

Have I mentioned lately that I love this community?
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: June 07, 2012, 11:30:36 pm »

If the fort survives to my turn, I think I'll do something about this.  Perhaps a trade depot at the end of a long deadly corridor with automated mechanical deathtraps...
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 208