Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 803878 times)

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2670 on: June 21, 2012, 05:56:32 am »

And how did they get there? :o

Via pump stack. And it seems that the pumpo stack is connected to half the fortress. Damn,
And Aussie's "ghost" misplaced a silver corkscrew. Fitting.

Ok. This is going down now. They are in the main stairs. Brace thyselves, an anticlimax is coming.

Screw this. Kar approached, intercepted them, blocked their fire with a wooden shield, and torn them apart. There's still one lingering around there, but it seems that he can't bring itself nowhere near El Presidente.

I'm fairly dissapointed xDDD I'll write a report later.

Brace thyselves, an anticlimax is coming.
I want this in the description of my turn.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:27:50 am by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: June 21, 2012, 06:46:39 am »

Well, here's the pattern:
Battlefailed -> Failcannon -> Hellcannon

To stick with that, the new fortress should be either "Hell-Something" or "Something-Hell" (and really, now that Hell has been breached, I think it's only fitting, too). If we wanna cap off the "series" we could come full circle and call it Battlehell. Otherwise, we can continue the progression and make the "Something" something other than Battle, Fail, or Cannon.

That was my thought with this. After #4, if we want a #5, we can use an entirely new world seed and make up some bs explaining it.

I vote for a name with "Fail" in the title - as I believe THAT has been the unifying theme of the series.

Perhaps Hellfailed.

That was what I was originally going to suggest, but it doesn't fit the pattern.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: June 21, 2012, 06:53:43 am »

You say 'ghost', I say sightings of TAD sneaking round the fortress.

All according to plan

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: June 21, 2012, 09:06:09 am »

Kar approached, intercepted them, blocked their fire with a wooden shield, and torn them apart.

Versus how many exactly? Combat logs plox? Demons are naturally legendary in every skill they'd get the chance to use on you. Kar either died multiple times and popped right back up, or the RNG god not only smiled on him but laughed their ass off, then threw their now-disembodied ass at the demons, striking them in the head, the severed parts sailing off in graceful arcs.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: June 21, 2012, 09:17:21 am »

Kar approached, intercepted them, blocked their fire with a wooden shield, and torn them apart.

Versus how many exactly? Combat logs plox? Demons are naturally legendary in every skill they'd get the chance to use on you. Kar either died multiple times and popped right back up, or the RNG god not only smiled on him but laughed their ass off, then threw their now-disembodied ass at the demons, striking them in the head, the severed parts sailing off in graceful arcs.

Again one, luckily, but we'll get to see him struggling against some more of them. And the demon didn't even get a hit in, only the flame strike, and Kar blocked it with his -Alder Shield- (Or so I think, but I'm sure it's wooden)
To add salt to the injury, Kar killed it from gooloss (Lame pun at bloodloss). I wasn't able to locate any killing impacts, but the little guy is standing on a corpse indeed.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: June 21, 2012, 09:18:15 am »

I vote for Failhell.

And we now have the most badass dwarf ever. So badass afterlife itself can't take his awesome and kicks him back to life.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:54 am »

We need a new secondary word.  I propose HellBastion.  You know what must be done with this fortress.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: June 21, 2012, 05:51:51 pm »

We need a new secondary word.  I propose HellBastion.  You know what must be done with this fortress.

If we listen to Aussie, it will surely be our doom!

But, surely he anticipated that, so really not listening will be our doom!

But, surely he also anticipated that, so really listening to him will be our doom after all!

Fuckfuckfuckfuck.

Also, El Presidente's theme song.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:51:57 pm by Mego »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: June 21, 2012, 08:48:59 pm »

If we listen to Aussie, it will surely be our doom!

But, surely he anticipated that, so really not listening will be our doom!

But, surely he also anticipated that, so really listening to him will be our doom after all!

Fuckfuckfuckfuck.

Also, El Presidente's theme song.

Fight not Aussie, lest you be driven (more) insane.

We also need to make sure that the bone-to-block reaction works perfectly for the next fort. Hellcannon has a severe lack of bone-paved streets.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: June 21, 2012, 08:53:49 pm »

And blood-paved streets, also.

In other news, I'm genning a world in Xbox 360 Minecraft with the name "Battlefailed" and the seed "ThatAussieGuy". There is no way this will be anything but epic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: June 21, 2012, 09:02:19 pm »

Archive news: removed the "special edition" since it was getting bigger than arcangelsd actual turn.

Not up yet. So if you want the version with quotes from the thread, grab it now.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: June 22, 2012, 02:00:53 am »

And blood-paved streets, also.

In other news, I'm genning a world in Xbox 360 Minecraft with the name "Battlefailed" and the seed "ThatAussieGuy". There is no way this will be anything but epic.

What have you DONE?!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: June 22, 2012, 07:03:56 am »

The map is ‼AWESOME‼ Iron and wilddeath (skeletons and zombies) everywhere. Also a TON of creepers. Well, there were a ton of creepers. Now there's some creepers, a bunch of craters, and a stack of gunpowder in my chest.

Sounds like Battlefailed to me.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: June 22, 2012, 09:35:46 pm »

The map is ‼AWESOME‼ Iron and wilddeath (skeletons and zombies) everywhere. Also a TON of creepers. Well, there were a ton of creepers. Now there's some creepers, a bunch of craters, and a stack of gunpowder in my chest.

Sounds like Battlefailed to me.

If the world was seeded from my username, Does this mean my username is synonymous with death and destruction?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: June 23, 2012, 03:29:06 am »

Pfft. As if you didn't already know.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 208