Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 795997 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2715 on: June 27, 2012, 08:58:43 am »

Frankly, if the fort is to ever end we'll need to kill Kar in one way or another. The options I've thought of so far are atom-smashing, being encased in ice, osbisidianizing, and, my favorite, dropping him into a glowing pit so he can bring death and terror to whatever is down there.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: June 27, 2012, 09:16:26 am »

My favorite, dropping him into a glowing pit so he can bring death and terror to whatever is down there.

I've done that.  All that lies in the glowing pits are emaciated kobolds chained and waving lamps upwards to get that glowing light effect.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: June 27, 2012, 09:31:49 am »

Frankly, if the fort is to ever end we'll need to kill Kar in one way or another. The options I've thought of so far are atom-smashing, being encased in ice, osbisidianizing, and, my favorite, dropping him into a glowing pit so he can bring death and terror to whatever is down there.
Well, I, while bored, created an paralel reality, in which he fought another demon with instarot powder, and he died just fine. Also, he did, for some reason, wear an "alder mail shirt" I don't know how did that happen.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: June 27, 2012, 10:06:21 am »

Well, I, while bored, created an paralel reality, in which he fought another demon with instarot powder, and he died just fine. Also, he did, for some reason, wear an "alder mail shirt" I don't know how did that happen.

Parallel realities have a known tendency to be unrealistic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: June 27, 2012, 11:25:40 am »

Would you mind if I sigged this?

El Presidente won't just revive because you told him to.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: June 27, 2012, 11:57:00 am »

Would you mind if I sigged this?

I wouldn't. Go ahead.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: June 30, 2012, 08:16:46 pm »

I'm getting to the end of Battlefailed the first, and let me tell ya, this has got to be one of the most hilarious reads I've had in a while. (Seriously, I laughed so much I got a headache) Everyone involved in this saga should be proud of themselves!

Also, I'm surprised nobody noticed my dorfs stupid title, though I guess only one person at a time needs to see that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: July 01, 2012, 10:07:27 am »

Going to use this bump by Dinjoralo to poke a bit at arcangelsd and ask how is the turn going.

Seriously people, we're at page 182, Failcannon had 189 pages. We can't let this thread die before that.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: July 01, 2012, 11:54:15 am »

Going to use this bump by Dinjoralo to poke a bit at arcangelsd and ask how is the turn going.

Seriously people, we're at page 182, Failcannon had 189 pages. We can't let this thread die before that.

It's not going to die. I'm just.. embarassed by the LACK of things happening. FYI, I'm in autumn now, and ANYTHING has happened since last update. Well, if you want to read about dwarves getting boozed up, and me checking the fortress for possible weak points, I'll write about it, gladly.
And, of course, I'm not telling you about my secret plans.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: July 01, 2012, 02:13:43 pm »

We've gone over this already. Even if nobody posts in this thread, it will not die. Just like Hellcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: July 01, 2012, 04:10:33 pm »

If it's a pointless doomsday device like Failday, then you have my approval on the secrecy.

We've gone over this already. Even if nobody posts in this thread, it will not die. Just like Hellcannon.
I'm tempted to grab the save once arcangelsd finishes his turn to see how fast I can kill the fort.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: July 01, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »

I'm tempted to grab the save once arcangelsd finishes his turn to see how fast I can kill the fort.
Sounds like fun, but don't give the next Overseer too many ideas. If the fort dies, chances are what killed it will be everything in the universe hard to get rid of for any reclaim attempts.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: July 02, 2012, 12:13:13 am »

It's not going to die. I'm just.. embarassed by the LACK of things happening. FYI, I'm in autumn now, and ANYTHING has happened since last update. Well, if you want to read about dwarves getting boozed up, and me checking the fortress for possible weak points, I'll write about it, gladly.

Why do I get the feeling that my turn is going to explode in my face?  :-\
The question is do I let it or do I fight it...
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: July 02, 2012, 12:31:56 am »

You should tell us all the boring details, actually. In a fort like this, telling how peaceful things are is equal to the most mindbreaking of horror stories.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: July 02, 2012, 03:47:27 am »

It's also been a month now since Catalyst Paradox breached Hell; boring or not, details of any kind would be appreciated.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 208