Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 793964 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2730 on: July 04, 2012, 09:03:57 pm »

Gentledwarfs! I have an announcement to make. The archive is finally organized. All turns numbered, formatting errors purged, etc. Still have to do a spell-check, but I am uploading the new version now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: July 05, 2012, 12:00:03 am »

Gentledwarfs! I have an announcement to make. The archive is finally organized. All turns numbered, formatting errors purged, etc. Still have to do a spell-check, but I am uploading the new version now.

Huzzah.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: July 05, 2012, 02:39:19 am »

And now comes the rush of continuous updates, just to make work for Deathsword. 

Seriously though, well done.  That had to have been a hell of an arduous task to undertake for all THREE fortresses.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: July 05, 2012, 06:30:12 pm »

It's also been a month now since Catalyst Paradox breached Hell; boring or not, details of any kind would be appreciated.
How can breaching Hell be boring? I'd have thought stuff like that would kill most normal forts before you can say "Oh shit".
Also, I edited my Dorf request, it's a bit more lenient, but I'm betting that Arc already got to it. Kinda pointless because, well, this is Hellcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: July 05, 2012, 07:29:22 pm »

It's also been a month now since Catalyst Paradox breached Hell; boring or not, details of any kind would be appreciated.
How can breaching Hell be boring? I'd have thought stuff like that would kill most normal forts before you can say "Oh shit".
Also, I edited my Dorf request, it's a bit more lenient, but I'm betting that Arc already got to it. Kinda pointless because, well, this is Hellcannon.
As you said yourself, this is Hellcannon. If 80% of the fort population isn't dying hilariously horribly, then it is boring.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: July 05, 2012, 08:34:38 pm »

Well, considering the fact that most of the people on the turn list are experienced enough with the game to not lose to silly things like Hell, it's not very surprising. They prefer to lose to even sillier things, like giant flies and boredom massive armies of VERY pissed ghosts.

I mean, Aussie is on the turn list. He won the game by making Hell his bitch. HE GREW STRAWBERRIES IN HELL! The demons should be the ones that go "OH SHIT" when they accidentally breach Hellcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: July 05, 2012, 08:38:19 pm »

I mean, Aussie is on the turn list. He won the game by making Hell his bitch. HE GREW STRAWBERRIES IN HELL! The demons should be the ones that go "OH SHIT" when they accidentally breach Hellcannon.

My turn's not for a long time yet.  And you forgot the fortress-o'-sacrifice I made.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: July 05, 2012, 08:44:15 pm »

My turn's not for a long time yet.  And you forgot the fortress-o'-sacrifice I made.

You're still on the list. It still counts.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: July 05, 2012, 10:37:13 pm »

Wait, freakin' strawberries?!  Don't you need sunlight for that?  And an irrigated plot?  Don't tell me you managed to get sunlight and water into Hell.  Sweet Armok.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: July 05, 2012, 10:51:07 pm »

Wait, freakin' strawberries?!  Don't you need sunlight for that?  And an irrigated plot?  Don't tell me you managed to get sunlight and water into Hell.  Sweet Armok.

The link is in his sig. It's also right here. I'm not going to tell you where it is in the thread. You'll have to read the entire thing.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: July 05, 2012, 11:24:34 pm »

Yes.  I also raised Bees and made quite a pleasant lakeside township.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: July 06, 2012, 12:24:47 am »

Pyramid quote.

The link is in his sig. It's also right here. I'm not going to tell you where it is in the thread. You'll have to read the entire thing.
I had looked through the thread before but never read it in it's entirety.

Also, you just sent me searching for mentions of strawberries and bees in Hell in an 80+ page thread at 1:30am.  You're evil.  And probably a supervillain.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: July 06, 2012, 02:11:14 am »

Pyramid quote.

Also, you just sent me searching for mentions of strawberries and bees in Hell in an 80+ page thread at 1:30am.  You're evil.  And probably a supervillain.

Worse.  I'm the King of Hell.  By right of conquest and due election by the forumgoers who I enslaved to build my HellWalls.  :P
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:14:15 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: July 06, 2012, 07:05:37 am »

Pyramid quote.

You misspelled awesome.

Anyway, arcangelsd, you around?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: July 06, 2012, 02:50:50 pm »

My biggest concern right now is why Kar is wearing a alder mail shirt under his steel breastplate.
That should tell you something.
Also, Dinjoralo, you'd better wait for the next fortress to get a named dorf. I think we won't be getting any migrants soon.

About the demons: there is an opening for them to enter into the fortress. Neither of us could care less about it.

Also, I totally did not made three cats explode, randomly flood the fortress, and throw Dariush and Reudh to the recently renamed demon pit, ok?
Big update incoming.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:40:45 pm by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 208