Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785432 times)

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2880 on: July 16, 2012, 02:27:26 am »

I changed it to Spanish, in the first half of my turn when I wad bored and the idea of pulling the levers just hadn't ocurred to me yet.
Actually, either El Doctor and El Inmortal are proper Spanish. You think I should know, that with being Spaniard and all that, but you can change the names in a whim, as I did xD

I like to see that it was hilariously well recieved. Gratuitous Spanish FTW!!

Hey, emeralWind, haven't you found the demon pit yet? XD
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:21:52 am by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: July 16, 2012, 10:38:49 am »

I changed it to Spanish, in the first half of my turn when I wad bored and the idea of pulling the levers just hadn't ocurred to me yet.
Actually, either El Doctor and El Inmortal are proper Spanish. You think I should know, that with being Spaniard and all that, but you can change the names in a whim, as I did xD

I like to see that it was hilariously well recieved. Gratuitous Spanish FTW!!

Hey, emeralWind, haven't you found the demon pit yet? XD

Ah, I didn't realize el doctor would be proper Spanish (I figured that whoever changed the names to Spanish didn't know a couple words and left the English looking words as placeholders). I was going to leave it, but someone else suggested el Médico so I changed it. I kind of want to change him to Herr Doktor though.

Demon Pit? I'm scared now. I have looked over this fort. If the Demon Pit isn't the spot mentioned in my post, then I may have not noticed it yet. Which is odd. Perhaps the Oversight has failed me. Curse the Oversight! What kind of divinely given all-sight allows you to miss the important things!?

Granted, I did find something else that worries me a bit but that may be a bigger problem.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: July 16, 2012, 08:38:59 pm »

Oh, right, I noticed I seem to have died at some point.  I imagine it was a while ago, and I just forgot.  Have I been buried, or will my slightly miffed ghost be roaming around at some point?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: July 17, 2012, 08:08:21 am »

Oh, right, I noticed I seem to have died at some point.  I imagine it was a while ago, and I just forgot.  Have I been buried, or will my slightly miffed ghost be roaming around at some point?

Gizogin VI is already floating around as a forlorn haunt.

Edit:
On that note... I notice ThatAussieDwarf is a ghost two steps above you on the unit list.
He's got the title of Ghostly Scheming Engineer, but (here's the good part) he is a secretive poltergeist.

It is the little things like this that makes you realize this game is 100% sentient and reads threads on Bay12 for kicks. the most awesome game.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:17:50 am by EmeraldWind »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: July 17, 2012, 08:48:55 am »

Well, we did have that Stuzang account for a little while.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: July 18, 2012, 01:02:19 am »

It is obvious that trying to make sense of this mess will be impossible.
Time begins to roll. I am greeted within an instant with knowledge supplied by the Oversight.

Well, that doesn’t seem to be a good omen.

Goodness… gracious… great balls of fire! But there is a sign of dwarven hope in the mist of all these signs of terrible things to come!

We are still striking the earth! Dwarven Spirit is the in the pick that drives us deeper into the depths! Or… not?

Perhaps, it is just another way for us to meet our doom!

I found the Fleshball that has been burning. It is getting wailed on by several Devils of Flame.
I cannot see what exactly is transpiring, but the Devils seem to be doing more damage to each other than to the Flesh Ball.
The steam being caused by the fire is totally blocking the fight from view.

Apparently, the Devils have been at it for some time.
Nearby parts of the caverns are covered in the ashes and remains of many living things.
As well as vomit, I’m not even sure how I know ashes are there. The vomit literally is all over the floor.

Oh crap.

I didn’t know ghosts could be caught in flame. I better be careful…
Wait! El Inmortal is being attacked. This I got to see…

Whoa!
It’s not every day you get to see Andreus get strangled by a giant mocking bird that mocks you with flames!
Can’t this guy ever die in a normal way?
Apparently, I’m not the only one to remember I need to be pissed at Andreus.
I heard he… er… she started this whole mess back in Battlefailed and then she caused me a great deal of pain when I migrated to Failcannon.

A grizzly bear? Dammit Andreus! Why can’t you die like a normal person for once!?
I mean now a war bear has to come to your rescue. 
*Sigh* Even though I don’t like you, I would try to save you with the militia… but I’m more worried about keeping the thing out of the fort.
Unfortunately, it appears to have access to the entire fort.
Even worse it appears there is very little I can do about that.
It doesn’t appear to have access to the higher levels, but it can go down from here.
And down appears to be where most of the population resides.

I’m trying to plot for a plan of defense.
I need to find a way to quarantine the dwarves somewhere, but dammit if they aren’t scattered like the cards in a game of 52 Pick-up.
Plus I need to find the hole this FB climbed through… oh, son of Armok!

This is bad. VERY BAD! One is a giant eyeless turtle with deadly blood and the other is a panther with deadly spit.

Or false alarm… I don’t think they have a way up or down from here… so maybe not.

At this point, I’ve got to be honest.

I heard that Battlefailed and Failcannon both were mazes of tunnels so confusing even the dwarves eventually couldn’t figure out where everything was.

This place however. This place seems to lack the maze of tunnels in favor of rooms and floors with no readily apparent way to get out of.
A bulk of the fort looks usable, but appears to be completely cut off from the rest in several separate locations.
I am having trouble finding paths in and out of this fort’s many rooms.
Every time I find something I think is a problem is an architectural red herring sitting out there on its own.
The fort isn’t all that big. In fact, for a fort it is absurdly shallow.
Yet, its layout still lays beyond my grasp.

And there’s a fire lit in the middle of nowhere and not even the Devils of Fire are anywhere near it.

There are three staircases in the lever room.

I almost missed them due to levers being more interesting than a bunch of steps.
The wrinkle is Andreus is one floor below here fighting.
My best plan is to place hatches here and lock them to keep the thing beating up Andreus below this area.

As for anything or anyone below… good bye.

Andreus’s  bear is losing its fight.
The FB breathed fire twice and now has the bears head in its mouth and is shaking it around like a chew toy.
Luckily, Andreus is left alone for now and the bear lead the FB away from the staircase.

The Bear’s dead. The FB went back to Andreus. Or… WHAT.

All of the sudden a shit storm of cats shows up and distracts the FB.
I notice a young dwarven child named Ledi VI is now in the room. Ledi… wasn’t that the crazy cat lady’s name.

Oh Armok, what is going on here?

Oh and Mego V and RenagadeSparks have shown up as well.

What the hell guys? I have no idea what is going on anymore. THIS IS STUPID!

The FB throws a cat with its left wing… ouch… poor cat.

Good news. The cats have distracted the cats away from Andreus.

More Good news. Andreus is alive, but unconscious.
He only has a broken elbow as an injury.

Bad news. One of them led it upstairs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: July 18, 2012, 01:11:19 am »

Glorious, EmeraldWind. Absolutely glorious.

I have never seen so much vomit.

E: Am I correct in surmising that this fort has had at least one catastrophic flooding incident? Because that's what it looks like.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:18:05 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: July 18, 2012, 01:28:32 am »

So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!

RenegadeSparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here to watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: July 18, 2012, 02:18:12 am »

haven't been on this thread in forever, glad to know the last dwarf I asked for is still alive and well...

...he's going to have been ripped to shreds by now, isn't he?
Good news everyone, we have a caged zombie dwarf.

Knowing the Battlefailed saga, he's probably going to get elected mayor at some point.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: July 18, 2012, 04:51:25 am »

Bad news: without a functioning hospital, complete with medical dwarves, that's a death sentence. RIP, Andreus.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: July 18, 2012, 05:07:17 am »

Bad news: without a functioning hospital, complete with medical dwarves, that's a death sentence. RIP, Andreus.

Not necessarily.  At least it's not an unstaffed or untrained hospital.  THOSE are death-sentences.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: July 18, 2012, 09:09:06 am »

Glorious, EmeraldWind. Absolutely glorious.
I have never seen so much vomit.
E: Am I correct in surmising that this fort has had at least one catastrophic flooding incident? Because that's what it looks like.
Definitely one, maybe two. It's hard to tell if they are separate floods or one big one.

And there's a magma flood... which I think isn't an actual flood any more as the magma pump stack is gone.
Not necessarily.  At least it's not an unstaffed or untrained hospital.  THOSE are death-sentences.

You know what is a bigger death-sentence. Our hospital is currently staffed by Dr. Tombsplagues the Caddisfly Fiend. He got a medical degree specializing in dissection.

Plus the real doctor is still stuck in his room.

Edit:
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!

I honestly had the weirdest brain fart when the cats flooded in. I had no way to make sense of what was happening until I noticed Ledi in the corner.

It just seemed like the most bizarre thing. And it wasn't one or two cats, but more like twenty.

Although it feels like a brick joke to me. I mean Ledi getting was collect cats even in Failcannon, right?
And now something significant came about due to it.

Although one that note because of the cats leading the FB upstairs I'm not sure the situation is salvageable.
The only boon seems to be that breathing fire isn't that bad of attack. Andreus never seemed to take damage from the flames.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:28:23 am by EmeraldWind »

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:39 am »

The only boon seems to be that breathing fire isn't that bad of attack. Andreus never seemed to take damage from the flames.

That's weird; I have a fortress that may be in its death throes in large part due to a fire-breather destroying most of my military and citizenry with spreading flames. 

Or maybe it breathed blistering vapors.  That might be it.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: July 18, 2012, 10:17:12 am »

The cats are having their revenge for years of mass kitten slaughter. This is clearly a sign of the end of the world.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: July 18, 2012, 01:37:05 pm »

I recall that fire-breathing attacks in 0.31.25 did not work well, if at all. They just weren't able to set anything but grass on fire most of the time I saw it being used. The new version though? If you don't have a shield, you're toast when anything able to breathe fire even wheezes at your direction.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 208