Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785512 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2940 on: July 30, 2012, 03:49:27 am »

A truly fitting end to Hellcannon.

I'd like to call dibs on one of the starting seven for the next foray into madness, if that's alright.  If they're going to a Haunted Biome, it'd be rather strange that the carpenter was seen near one of the wagon's axles with his saw during the night during the journey to somewhere pleasant...

edit:

As my Starting Seven dwarf; That Aussie Dwarf - Carpenter with mechanics - Enigmatic Engineer
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:47:30 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: July 30, 2012, 04:00:00 am »

I think I'll pass on being one of the starting seven - the chances of horrible, horrible death are a tiny bit high - but I'd definitely like a turn in the next fort.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

RenegadeSparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here to watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: July 30, 2012, 06:36:12 am »

holy shit... I was the last dwarf alive, ME, this feels like some great accomplishment, even if I was only alive a few seconds longer... That seems more like an actual victory for this fort
Good news everyone, we have a caged zombie dwarf.

Knowing the Battlefailed saga, he's probably going to get elected mayor at some point.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: July 30, 2012, 06:44:25 am »

KAR WHY DIDN'T YOU RESPAWN

Oh well. Being the ninth one standing and also being the last noble of Hellcannon is respectable enough for me. Especially when another guy of the "Presidential Crew" (Kar, a medic, the captain of the guard, an armorer, and a farmer? I don't remember if the farmer actually was there.) managed to end up third and explode a demon with the power of FIST! So when is the fourth edition popping up? Or are we going to dare a reclaim?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)
« Reply #2944 on: July 30, 2012, 07:24:22 am »

How many incarnations of El Presidente was that? Also, fighting FB's in magma? FUCK YEAH! Disregard that I didn't kill my opponent, though.

Oh, and IT is waiting for Hellcannon's power to grow before IT kills the fort? ELF SACRIFICES FOR THE ELDRITCH ABOMINATION!

Anyway Eric is leading the next fort, since he volunteered. Now that this one is dead, I'll go back and finish up the update links.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: July 30, 2012, 07:47:59 am »

Aww, it died.  We had a good run, though.

I'd like to request one of the starting seven, with some medical skills.  I want to be the CMD again, because...  Well, I'm not really sure why.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)
« Reply #2946 on: July 30, 2012, 08:30:56 am »

Oh, and IT is waiting for Hellcannon's power to grow before IT kills the fort? ELF SACRIFICES FOR THE ELDRITCH ABOMINATION!

Yeah, I wanted that bit about the fort still standing but still taking lives to fit in, but I also wanted to put in my idea for the reset.
I justified it by have the Foul One hold back the reset until a little extra life energy was collected. Why it is doing that is up for interpretation.

Bravo indeed. A fittingly epic end to a phenomenally epic fortress.

Glad to know I did a good job relating to everyone the craziness of what was going on. I personally found the cats involvement in a lot of the disasters after Andreus's death to be hilarious. I heard of catplosions killing forts through FPS, but this was ridiculous. I was sort of hoping Ledi would have been the last dwarf. Just because Ledi probably would have gone berserk with no one to "goto meeting" with. The crazy cat child going berserk could have only been hilarious no matter what happened.

KAR WHY DIDN'T YOU RESPAWN

Oh well. Being the ninth one standing and also being the last noble of Hellcannon is respectable enough for me. Especially when another guy of the "Presidential Crew" (Kar, a medic, the captain of the guard, an armorer, and a farmer? I don't remember if the farmer actually was there.) managed to end up third and explode a demon with the power of FIST! So when is the fourth edition popping up? Or are we going to dare a reclaim?

Yeah, I didn't intend Kar to die there. In fact, I pretty much summed up my real reaction in my post when I realized he was in the smoke fighting.

As for exploding the demon, I was actually surprised by that. I didn't know that demons made of fire would explode when killed. It even left behind some burning remains called "Flame Phantom's Fire". At first when it exploded, I thought it used one of the gas-type attacks. But when the smoke quickly cleared the demon was no where to be seen.

The weird part is that Halbezbin's legend entry says he died by skeletal ox. But I am certain he died from fire related injuries.

That said fire killed us, but it wasn't very effective. I was surprised at how long it took for most creatures to die by fire. If it wasn't for that fact, the fort would have ended really fast once the demons made their way up.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:32:39 am by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: July 30, 2012, 10:17:37 am »

An interesting end to an incredibly interesting chapter of the best chain of Succession Forts to ever exist. I'd like to be part of the starting seven of Battlefailed 4, if at all possible. I also wouldn't mind a turn on the new fort.

Sinterous - Axedwarf/Engineer - Revengineer.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: July 30, 2012, 10:23:49 am »

I volunteer to start the new thread as soon as Eric has the new world. Also want a starting seven member.

Who will get the first turn, EmeraldWind? MagmaMcFry, who was the next in line? Will the turn list carry over or will we have a new one?

Also, nice ending.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: July 30, 2012, 10:33:07 am »

I'd like to get in on the ground floor of the next one.

The Counselor - Doctor/any dwarf with high consoling skill - No special title
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: July 30, 2012, 12:35:48 pm »

I'll get in on the starting seven.

DevilEd-any profession

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: July 30, 2012, 12:56:32 pm »

Who will get the first turn, EmeraldWind? MagmaMcFry, who was the next in line? Will the turn list carry over or will we have a new one?
My assumption is that Eric will get the first turn, since he's starting it. My personal opinion is that carrying the list over is probably not a great idea, since there are as many people on it as took turns in the whole of Hellcannon.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: July 30, 2012, 01:38:01 pm »

Well I didn't intend to take the first turn, I was just setting up the bombworld.

It's coming along nicely. No new creatures added, but that's because nobody seems to take anyone elses' suggestions seriously.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: July 30, 2012, 05:43:38 pm »

So the demons finally figured out the pathing...

I'd like a turn in the next game, and if I'm not too late to claim one of the starting seven...?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: July 30, 2012, 05:45:44 pm »

Bravo!  A fitting end for such a glorious hodgepodge of rule and fail.

I too would like to be dorfed in the next fort, please, although it needn't be as one of the starting seven; coming in as a migrant would be fine.

Silverlock -- "Innocent Bystander" -- Brewer or, really, anything.  I'm not picky.

Thanks,
SL
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 208