Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how to unblock a door?  (Read 795 times)

flamewolf393

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
how to unblock a door?
« on: November 07, 2011, 08:57:48 am »

There are toad remains blocking an exterior door open. I have a stockpile for corpses/refuse, so how do I make my dwarves get rid of it? I have yet to see any enemies, but that doesnt mean I wont so I need the door unblocked.

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
  • newbie coming into his own
    • View Profile
Re: how to unblock a door?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 09:02:56 am »

i think you have to zone a garbage area with 'i' then put it and activate it for dumping.

i had the same problem and someone just explained it to me too

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:08:40 am »

If the door is an Outside tile, you'll need to turn on gathering of refuse from outside through the orders menu, and specifically make sure that gathering of vermin refuse from outside is also enabled.  You don't need a garbage dump activity zone, having a refuse stockpile should be enough.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

flamewolf393

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 09:32:04 am »

I have turned on the outside refuse gathering, and it did not help. I even tried turning into an indoor tile bu putting a building/roof around it and they still wont come get it! Any other ideas?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 10:07:00 am »

Have your dwarves actually had free time to haul it away yet? Refuse hauling is a fairly low priority job, so if all of your dwarves are busy building your latest masterpiece they won't actually go out and get rid of refuse.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

flamewolf393

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 10:25:41 am »

I finally just tore down the door, and then rebuilt it. The guy moved the remains out of the way when he installed it, so problem mostly solved.