Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 56

Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 102680 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Mechwarrior Online
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2012, 08:37:41 am »

I haven't played a whole lot, but I've been....ambivalent about the experience. There just doesn't feel like much difference between piloting a Jenner and a Hunchback, other than moar dakka on the HBK (and slower). Maps need to be bigger, combat scenarios need to be more than just S&D.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2012, 08:42:20 am »

... Well... I like it...

:(

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2012, 06:46:03 pm »

I enjoyed it, until this update with the grind needed to get the cheapest 'mech.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2012, 03:50:31 am »

Let me know if you manage to get a refund. I want one too right now.
I have. Or rather, they've approved it an it's being processed by their payment solution. Just send a message to support@mwomercs.com that includes your transaction number and a brief message explaining why you'd like a refund. They were very polite and prompt.

Once the game is officially out, I'll consider supporting them again -- hopefully by then they'll have some of my top issues balanced out a bit better.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2012, 06:16:59 am »

Let me know if you manage to get a refund. I want one too right now.
I have. Or rather, they've approved it an it's being processed by their payment solution. Just send a message to support@mwomercs.com that includes your transaction number and a brief message explaining why you'd like a refund. They were very polite and prompt.

Once the game is officially out, I'll consider supporting them again -- hopefully by then they'll have some of my top issues balanced out a bit better.
I'm pursuing a refund as well.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2012, 07:36:40 am »

I don't see why everyone is wanting refunds, yes the 45 game grind for cheapest mech in the game by far is horrendous, but this might be only for this update where the economy is set to its lowest level.

The next update might put it back to normal, before this update the economy was set to extremely high ( which made the game really enjoyable ). If the economy stays like this though ( i will wait a maximum of 2 patches ) then i will refund.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2012, 07:53:28 am »

I don't see why everyone is wanting refunds
Simple, in my case. It's because I'm unwilling to pay money for the game this is turning into.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2012, 09:09:15 am »

For me, the economy is not the only factor, it just happens to be the most recent. I imagine they'll adjust it to something less extreme in the future (or maybe not), but the overall direction the game is taking is not giving me much confidence.

Like I told them in my request, I'm still interested. I'll still be following the game. If some of the major concerns I had are corrected or otherwise nullified, I'll be glad to send some money their way. The base gameplay is a lot of fun considering the stage of development.

As a final word to this post, I'll say this: they are being very generous in offering/allowing refunds at all. I know that, and believe me, I consider that a very solid point in their favor.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2012, 09:20:36 am »

... I just realised there was a "feedback" option under support tickets.

Seems like a better way of giving suggestions without diving into the mess of the forums, but we'll see.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2012, 09:42:15 am »

The next update might put it back to normal, before this update the economy was set to extremely high ( which made the game really enjoyable ). If the economy stays like this though ( i will wait a maximum of 2 patches ) then i will refund.

If the next update puts it back to normal, it will likely be in large part due to user feedback - and voting with your feet and your money is the ultimate feedback.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2012, 12:28:49 am »

Anyone here got any good Centurion builds?
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2012, 02:51:38 am »

Why couldn't they just settle for a Mercenaries remake with functional multiplayer? I'd hash out a cool 60 bucks for that.
And that is what I do not get. This seems to be a game trying to get the buzzwords 'Free-to-play MMO' and 'No pay to win' in there. It just seems to be a cheap way of cashing in on fans. It pisses me off, and because of that I have little incentive to play.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2012, 02:55:53 am »

Why couldn't they just settle for a Mercenaries remake with functional multiplayer? I'd hash out a cool 60 bucks for that.
And that is what I do not get. This seems to be a game trying to get the buzzwords 'Free-to-play MMO' and 'No pay to win' in there. It just seems to be a cheap way of cashing in on fans. It pisses me off, and because of that I have little incentive to play.

So you say it is 'Free to Play' and not 'Pay to Win' and then call it a cash in?

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

And I have played it, Kingfisher1112. While the idea of Mercenaries appeals to me excellently, this is just so... Good. Apart from glaring omissions (Like non-animated shadows for now) I have faith in it.

And now that this is coming out, chances are that they will make more MW games.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2012, 11:36:36 pm »

Yeah, payouts seem fine to me. Just remember what you are seeing is an infant game; there are tons of improvements that you could suggest.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2012, 01:11:56 pm »

Got my refund. :D

Got to give them that at least, refunding the money for the Founders package without a fuss. Some might call it premature... the way I see it is that I still have plenty of time to rebuy the Founders package if the grind becomes less ridiculous at some point in the future. You know... when I don't have to grind for hours at a disadvantage just to get a scout mech. Maybe I'm just getting old, but no way in hell does that appeal to me.

Also I won't pick the Founder's Catapult if I ever rebuy.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 56