Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56

Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 102010 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Mechwarrior Online
« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2012, 12:03:15 am »

Just so you guys know, they changed the payouts shortly before my last post. I'm not sure if any of you realized is all or if you still don't think it's fair.

That said all I have to say is that it's VERY unfortunate that the beta for this is going on at the same time as the Planetside 2 Beta. I'm having a huge blast in PS2 beta and I bet a lot of the other would-be testers on this forums are as well.

That said MWO is also turning out beautifully and if it weren't for the PS2 beta I've also been graciously invited to not days past when I received the MWO invite I would be spending ALL my gaming time in MWO. It's also a beautiful game and I actually feel bad for not spending more time in the beta.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2012, 09:41:35 am »

Got my refund. :D
Got mine as well.  :)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 07, 2012, 11:39:35 am »

This confuses me, a lot.

You are complaining about the BETA.

If the grind got bad for me, I stopped playing, and waited until they fixed it. Which they did. I didn't ragequit and refund my founder's package.

I don't see why there is so much hate on this game, I enjoy it immensely, and this is coming from the guy who hates WoT, it truly isn't pay to win, and when you play with a group, it becomes even more fun.

Tl;dr, It's a Beta, stop complaining, IMHO.
I need to put something interesting here.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2012, 11:41:51 am »

This confuses me, a lot.

You are complaining about the BETA.

If the grind got bad for me, I stopped playing, and waited until they fixed it. Which they did. I didn't ragequit and refund my founder's package.

I don't see why there is so much hate on this game, I enjoy it immensely, and this is coming from the guy who hates WoT, it truly isn't pay to win, and when you play with a group, it becomes even more fun.

Tl;dr, It's a Beta, stop complaining, IMHO.
I didn't 'ragequit' and I didn't hate on the game. I sought a refund because I don't like the direction the game is going.

To be perfectly honest, its none of your damn business whether I seek a refund or not. As to the rest of your post, none of it seems to apply to me. If you enjoy the game, that is fantastic. Keep playing it, and don't worry about what I'm doing.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2012, 01:59:47 pm »

Is it wrong to want my $70 back because I don't like the grind or the absurd pricing? I paid a significant amount of money for a product that I'm unsatisfied with. It's the same as me returning a funky vacuum cleaner I bought on TV because it sucks. I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2012, 09:55:56 pm »

Yeah, thats worthy of a sigging umiman
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2012, 08:52:23 am »

Is it wrong to want my $70 back because I don't like the grind or the absurd pricing? I paid a significant amount of money for a product that I'm unsatisfied with. It's the same as me returning a funky vacuum cleaner I bought on TV because it sucks. I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Except that you didn't pay for the game, you payed for incentives, bonues, closed beta access, it's a F2P game. Basically you didn't pay for the game in ANY state that it's in, whether it's closed beta, open beta or release, you most likely payed because you wanted to 'play' it, in its current closed beta early version, where the game right now is only a tiny portion of what the game is going to be in the future.

I'm quite surprised they are even refunding for these reasons, like if you went to a shop and bought a game, played it for a while then took it back and said you didn't want it anymore because you didn't like it. But they are a decent bunch of guys so I guess it's not that surprising.

Basically, you paid a significant amount of money for your own impatience, not for the game. Lesson learned? I hope so, or I hope you don't get a refund next time.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2012, 09:03:41 am »

I hope so, or I hope you don't get a refund next time.
Or you could just mind your own business? Honestly, why do you care? It doesn't impact you in the slightest if he gets his money back. If he doesn't like the game, and they're okay with refunding his money, then that is the end of it. You're getting all upset and hoping that he doesn't get refunds in the future... why? Does his dissatisfaction with the game and the company's willingness to refund his money somehow offend you?

I just don't get this mindset. He asked for a refund, they happily refunded his purchase, and that should be the end of it. Do you go out and find people returning products an Wal-Mart and yell at them too? "Maybe next time you shouldn't buy crap advertised on infomercials! You deserved an inferior product and I hope you're stuck with it next time!"

Just sit back, chill out, and let him do what he wants to do. No need to wish him ill or talk down to him about 'lessons learned'. :)

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 12, 2012, 10:41:22 am »

(flaming removed)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:10:46 pm by Toady One »

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2012, 12:03:41 pm »

Surprised nobody mentioned this, but Founder's program is closing with the announcement of the Open Beta.

Founder's enrollment ends midnight Oct 14th
Open Beta is Oct 16th
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2012, 08:12:58 pm »

I'd appreciate it if people would be more calm in this thread.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2012, 08:50:34 pm »

I just got (an hour or so ago) an e-mail from PGI saying that open beta has been pushed back. That's actually encouraging news. No new date was specified.

I haven't played in a few weeks, but I do plan on checking it out again once they've gotten some more time to work on it.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2012, 09:01:44 pm »

I personally have found playing the MWO beta a bit funner than the PS2 beta, although that may be because I've gotten sick of the ridiculous lag of the latter. The MWO team had the sense and decency to make their 'stress test' 1 hour long instead of a week.
Nothing important here, move along.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2012, 07:55:44 am »

I am glad they are pushing it back, although this sort of community feedback was a long time coming.

Still, I want my DHS and endo-steel, please.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2012, 08:52:08 am »

They did a long piece on how they are listening to and responding to "Major Concerns from the Community"

So clearly we're not the only ones concerned.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56