Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XBLA Zombie MMO  (Read 966 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
XBLA Zombie MMO
« on: November 07, 2011, 01:59:40 pm »

http://www.1up.com/news/ultimate-zombie-mmo-xbox?pager.offset=0

Thoughts?

In all honesty, I don't think a 360 can support all the functions of a good MMO, but from reading it seems as if this will end up being just a taste. Watered down trial version until they can get the resources to build a real one. It looks good, though; I would play it if it wasn't purely for the 360, even though I own one. PC gaming has jaded me for too long, and I haven't touched it in about 6 months.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: XBLA Zombie MMO
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 02:14:52 pm »

I don't believe in console MMOs that much. Consoles just don't seem to be built for the kind of thing MMO's usualy entail, altough an MMO built for an actual console rather then being split into PC and console might work out.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 03:47:23 pm »

A console MMO? I don't get why they need zombies. The trolls will be more than destructive enough, you could just focus entirely on base-building and PVP.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 04:31:05 pm »

There's a reason the 360 has like, one MMO currently: MS are notoriously a pain in the ass to work with in regards to networking, patching, etc. Sony are only slightly better at allowing exceptions to their network rules. That is why almost all MMOs are and will remain PC and or Mac exclusive.  Undead Labs genuinely don't sound like they have any idea what they're doing.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 05:04:31 pm »

Damn, I thought this was something about Survival Crisis X for a second.