Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria  (Read 11340 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Fallout: Equestria
« on: November 07, 2011, 06:02:06 pm »

Code: [Select]
Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria...

…there came an era when the ideals of friendship gave way to greed, selfishness, paranoia and a jealous reaping of dwindling space
and natural resources.  Lands took up arms against their neighbors.   The end of the world occurred much as we had predicted --
the world was plunged into an abyss of balefire and dark magic.  The details are trivial and pointless. The reasons, as always,
purely our own.  The world was nearly wiped clean of life.  A great cleansing; a magical spark struck by pony hooves quickly raged
out of control.  Megaspells rained from the skies.  Entire lands were swallowed in flames and fell beneath the boiling oceans.
Ponykind was almost extinguished, their spirits becoming part of the ambient radiation that blanketed the lands.  A quiet darkness
fell across the world...

…But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world.  Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue for another bloody
chapter in pony history.  In the early days, thousands were spared the horrors of the holocaust by taking refuge in enormous
underground shelters known as Stables.  But when they emerged, they had only the hell of the wastes to greet them.
Many died; others were broken by the horrors that remained. But some survived, some endured, and some still struggle for survival.

Fallout: Equestria

A total conversion mod for Dwarf Fortress, inspired by the story Fallout: Equestria and its many side stories. Brave the radiated wasteland as some of the few surviving and sane ponies left. You will be challenged by everything you encounter, from raiders to nightmarish monsters to the poisoned land itself. Scrape what you can from the land around you and prepare to fight for civilization and the light... or for your own twisted entertainment.

Spoiler: Installation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Credits (click to show/hide)

NOTE
This is currently in the alpha stages! I have nothing playable as of yet. I do, however, have a document with my plans and progress outlined, and I want a thread where we can discuss ideas for the mod. So, have at it!

Spoiler: FO:E (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:25:05 pm by Crazy Cow »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 06:03:09 pm »

Some code below.

Spoiler: Ponies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plant Life (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:05:15 pm by Crazy Cow »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 06:48:26 pm »

Ooh, and so another great thing is started because of Kkat. Yay for us. :D

Oh, and just to follow up on what I said in the main thread: Do my ideas sound good, by any chance? I am mostly wondering about implamenting the horrors of canterlot and how you are going to handle the varying resorce issues on the enclaves part, BTW, because I would think they would be some of the most interesting chalanges the world has to offer.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 07:07:28 pm »

i'm a loooong time fan of the fallout series starting from the understimated fallout 1 and i played at every fallout up to new vegas, i really want to see the a total conversion where you can lead a group of humans/ghouls/SM to survive in the harsh wastelands.
if you need help with ideas please tell me i'll gladly cooperate!
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 07:16:52 pm »

i'm a loooong time fan of the fallout series starting from the understimated fallout 1 and i played at every fallout up to new vegas, i really want to see the a total conversion where you can lead a group of humans/ghouls/SM to survive in the harsh wastelands.

Form my experiance, Deon has a almost-fallout mode you may like. It mimics it well, to some extent.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 07:24:24 pm »

I'm going to shy away from the Canterlot stuff. I won't be able to implement a lot of the things from it properly, and what I can implement is similar enough to what I have planned that it would be more like repetition than anything new.
As for the Enclave, I'm changing my ideas somewhat. There's an issue with flying traders, so the Enclave and Steel Rangers will be the two big late-game enemies.
From what I understand, the main things the pegasi build out of clouds are sky structures and 'electronics' like computer terminals and such. Their ships are made mostly of solid material; Lilpip was able to walk on one, and the Enclave isn't capable of building more. I don't think that their weapons and armor are any different, so just having some kind of metal for them would be fine in my book. I am, however, making metals exclusive to the Steel Rangers and Enclave (and anypony capable of killing them), so your ideas aren't all being tossed out the window.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »

Wasteland mod is what you want.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 07:52:07 pm »

I'm going to shy away from the Canterlot stuff. I won't be able to implement a lot of the things from it properly, and what I can implement is similar enough to what I have planned that it would be more like repetition than anything new.
As for the Enclave, I'm changing my ideas somewhat. There's an issue with flying traders, so the Enclave and Steel Rangers will be the two big late-game enemies.
From what I understand, the main things the pegasi build out of clouds are sky structures and 'electronics' like computer terminals and such. Their ships are made mostly of solid material; Lilpip was able to walk on one, and the Enclave isn't capable of building more. I don't think that their weapons and armor are any different, so just having some kind of metal for them would be fine in my book. I am, however, making metals exclusive to the Steel Rangers and Enclave (and anypony capable of killing them), so your ideas aren't all being tossed out the window.

Ah, okay. I might just make a Canterlot Ghoul and the undead baby dragons later anyway, if you are interested. Necrosprites might just be a bit hard to implement, tho. :)

On Enclave material: I was thinking of a Enclave-exclusive way of using gems as a sort of upgrade on there stuff ex: Take one block of a alloy of steel, use with a few "proccesed gems grade B" and you get one piece of " colonial grade Enclave steel" or something. The steel rangers are most likely running on older-pre war models for alloy making, so them having the recipes to make pre-war stuff is not out of the ordinary.  Mostly stuff like genuine energy weapons and heavy guns.

Also, what about the occasinal drone, such as the ones often guarding importent structures? Not only are they currantly feasable, they could prove to be very powerful advisorys in adventure mode, being metaly and stuff. Naturaly, some old chunks of pre-war stuff might drop off them, and of course they would range from fun-sized to wheeled engines of pure death, with varied capiablity to hold stuff.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:50:06 pm by Pokon »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 08:14:34 pm »

Form my experiance, Deon has a almost-fallout mode you may like. It mimics it well, to some extent.
My mod is based on fallout in most aspects, but it has some side "expansions", although it's mostly about Vault Dwellers, Supermutants, Wastelanders, Raiders and Ghouls. But it will take some time for me to update that after I patch my Genesis graphical version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 10:19:30 am »

@Pokon
Enclave metal (ebonsteel for now) is already high-tier metal, on par with the Steel Ranger's power metal, and making even more powerful materials would be a bit overkill :p
Drones, though, certainly. I think they'll show up as semi-megabeasts, tough to kill and using an 'acid' attack. Not very cannon, but I can't give laser-like attacks to them, so acid guns will have to do for now.
I'm working on all the scavenging reactions at the moment, and I'll have some more code up sometime today.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 02:56:43 pm »

@Pokon
Enclave metal (ebonsteel for now) is already high-tier metal, on par with the Steel Ranger's power metal, and making even more powerful materials would be a bit overkill :p
Drones, though, certainly. I think they'll show up as semi-megabeasts, tough to kill and using an 'acid' attack. Not very cannon, but I can't give laser-like attacks to them, so acid guns will have to do for now.
I'm working on all the scavenging reactions at the moment, and I'll have some more code up sometime today.

Fireball attack might be more lazery than acid. Although that's debatable.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 03:01:01 pm »

Well, beam weaponry melts stuff...

Fireballs are more rocket launcher-like.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 03:04:19 pm »

Plasma may melt more than burn, but really all a laser is doing is heat related, hence debatable.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 05:31:43 pm »

The problem is that the current firebreath is pathetic :p
\A high-temp material attached to a material breath attack would be much more deadly, and is what I'm currently experementing with.

Spoiler: Critters (click to show/hide)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 10:16:28 am »

Hey, I just relised something vaugly about the currant topic: I was wondering if we could have any creatures in good biomes that could fit into this. Why not Applebots? Small-ish, not automaticly hostile, no natural weapons, may or may not have a grasper,and lives in good cavern systems. As a whole, a metal Crundle, with a chance of droping some rare metals that would otherwise not be available. Or, of course, you could tame them and have them wander around the fort, acting like living shields for there owners.
Pages: [1] 2 3