Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria  (Read 11420 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 08:22:11 am »

Lasers would be OP if they were high temp. Everything would ignite on first touch, possibly including the grass.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 10:35:58 am »

i was half expecting your comment to begin with m and rhyme with ragma.

on topic, hydra could boost recouperation and jet could, hmm jet gives ap for vats so what? skill boost?
for plasma rifles, make them shoot a unique bolt that is only made of a metal tht gives a rotting contact syndrome as there is no elt syndrome as i know of. for lasers, the same could apply but with high temperature metal

In FO2, Jet gave 2 AP, so it would probably make you go...

*sunglasses*

20% faster.

Also, bolts can't be only made of a certain metal. Trust me, I wanted to make plasma rifles and laser rifles, but there was no way.

Also, Jet had a 50% chance of addiction. Perhaps that 50% chance of withdrawal could be shown? IIRC, the withdrawal effects were the loss of 1 or 2 AP until you got the addiction cure from Myron or wherever else you could get them.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 03:11:14 am »

for lasers and plasma, i was thinking of a unique type of ammo Lbolts or Pbolts or is there no way of making them only one type?
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 07:52:29 am »

actually, if you can make a special reaction that requires a SPECIFIC metal, and probably another reagent (example: any metal bar + plasma bar) and make extracting plasmium difficult (like instead of getting it from 'raw plasma' you have to get it via a reaction from a gem. (example:  gem + a workshop=plasma bar)) and then make plasma weapons use a specific ammo (marked as 'foreign', of course) that can be obtained via a complex reaction (plasma bar+any metal bar+science/magic workshop= plasma charge). that should cover it. i think.

if this isn't understandable please say so, and i'll explain it better.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 10:07:17 am »

actually, if you can make a special reaction that requires a SPECIFIC metal, and probably another reagent (example: any metal bar + plasma bar) and make extracting plasmium difficult (like instead of getting it from 'raw plasma' you have to get it via a reaction from a gem. (example:  gem + a workshop=plasma bar)) and then make plasma weapons use a specific ammo (marked as 'foreign', of course) that can be obtained via a complex reaction (plasma bar+any metal bar+science/magic workshop= plasma charge). that should cover it. i think.

Yeah, I've done that, but it seems that foreign ammo can't be used.

That may just be on my end, though.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 10:09:42 am »

Yeah, I've done that, but it seems that foreign ammo can't be used.

That may just be on my end, though.
Hmm, are you sure it's true? It can explain Revocane's oddities in his let's play.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2011, 01:25:26 pm »

actually, after some research, it the ammo does not HAVE to be foreign. see Corrosion's bullets for an example.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2011, 03:49:44 pm »

the only problem with lasium or plasmetite would be with either high temperatures or contact syndromes, making sure your ponies dont touch it. with the enclave or rangers, possibly making their metals have a fixed temp should avert a squad of enclve pegasi entering and plunging to their death as their ammo has melted their wings

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2011, 08:08:15 pm »

the only problem with lasium or plasmetite would be with either high temperatures or contact syndromes, making sure your ponies dont touch it. with the enclave or rangers, possibly making their metals have a fixed temp should avert a squad of enclve pegasi entering and plunging to their death as their ammo has melted their wings
Contact syndromes do not work while solid, so it'd have to have a melting point at body temperature. That would solve the Dead Ranger problem.

A heated bolt would still be tricky...

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2011, 03:02:39 am »

i was meaning the armor metals

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2011, 10:08:05 am »

It's fairly easy to define specific metals for specific situations;

I tried it when I made the Enclave for wasteland (it was pretty much 100% personal use, but I released regardless), and I came up with this:

- I found out Plasteel was already armor-only, so I changed it so that it's ADJ was "advanced" instead of "plasteel", making such things come up as "advanced combat vest" and "advanced power armor" (which is used by the Enclave)
- I made a copy of stainless steel, renamed it to simply "steel", and made it weapons/digger/everything but ammo only.
- I made depleted uranium their only source of ammo.

That's what I did. You could do similar, except you could also make their only source of ammo some of that plasma shit, like so:

- Make a plasma material. My favorite one is here. It causes syndromes!
- Make that plasma material the ONLY ammo material available to the Enclave.
- Plasma rifles that shoot plasma :D

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2011, 11:20:24 am »

and now for something completely different.
i wrote a FOE fanfic, the thread is here. please read and comment.

and now back on topic: i think CrazyCow abandoned this project. but i know not. thank you for the plasma suggestion, Putnam!
Pages: 1 2 [3]