Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Legal abuse in DF  (Read 19485 times)

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legal abuse in DF
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 10:54:46 am »

Are people really still gung-ho about noble murdering?

They're not even that bad anymore.  You can just ignore them most of the time without real consequence, anyway.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 11:03:01 am »

I'm predicting some bugs right now:

a) Tame animals can be accused of crimes
b) False accusations result in a loyalty cascade
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 12:24:12 pm »

They're not even that bad anymore.  You can just ignore them most of the time without real consequence, anyway.
But you see, noble slaying will now be more vital than ever. With the new update, you will actually need to get a sheriff rather than leaving the position empty like before.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 12:56:15 pm »

Mandates, especially for items that are hard or impossible to make, or to not export things that I built solely for the purpose of exporting, are still irritating and still threaten to detain or accidentally kill my legendary dwarves.  As long as there are mandates, there will be dead nobles.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 01:07:52 pm »

I'm predicting some bugs right now:

a) Tame animals can be accused of crimes

Not sure how this is wrong or bad. Pretty sure back in the 14th/15th C animals took the rap once in a while... and people should get pissed with injustice. Cant wait for some mob to take staking the local Urist McVlad into thier own hands after I use the jusice system to get rid of all the animal dissectors and cavy pups.
This is a blank sig.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 01:58:49 pm »

Plus, only two of them even make mandates, and you get to appoint one of those. It's a far cry from the old days of Noble Occupied Fortresses.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 02:17:49 pm »

I would laugh and laugh and laugh if the current [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION] token applied to the new justice system as much as it did the old one.
How did it apply (or not apply)?
Which word from "punishment exemption" you do not understand?

people should get pissed with injustice. Cant wait for some mob to take staking the local Urist McVlad
By definition, loyalty cascade is bug. Things like your mob and real reactions (beyond unhappy thoughts) have to wait for personality rewrite (in about 10 years or so).

So no, in vanilia DF you do not get to accuse nobles.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 03:13:27 pm »

I would laugh and laugh and laugh if the current [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION] token applied to the new justice system as much as it did the old one.
How did it apply (or not apply)?
Which word from "punishment exemption" you do not understand?

No need to be an asshole, the way you said it made it sound like [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION] was bugged and produced unintuitive results.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 04:31:23 pm »

More predicted bugs:
1) The "no announcement until the crime is reported" feature is counteracted by the obvious "SOCKS1!!1!1!1!!" bum rush.
2) Multiple witnesses will lead to multiple wrongful accusations.
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 04:39:30 pm »

Multiple wrongful accusations of the same designated scapegoat cavy pup...
This is a blank sig.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 04:41:07 pm »

Multiple wrongful accusations of the same designated scapegoat cavy pup...

OBJECTION!!!

That cavy pup owns a battle axe, which when inspected, clearly has half the fortress under it's kill list.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 05:32:12 pm »

More predicted bugs:
1) The "no announcement until the crime is reported" feature is counteracted by the obvious "SOCKS1!!1!1!1!!" bum rush.

Look on the bright side.  Since that can potentially break the secrecy of deaths, the feature creep for this release may include a fix for that little issue as well, and while he's at it, Toady might fix the general clothing-related bugs as well.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 06:14:05 pm »

I was thinking more of removing that tag
All the other noble behaviours are a result of tags that can be removed, but still players show their displeasure using in-game means rather than editing the raws. I expect that if nobles can't be accused of vampirism because of a raw tag, the same behaviours will continue.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 01:09:03 pm »

This should be easier to overlook... but yeah, to work as intended, not only bodies, but also items should be able to be unknown to dwarves.

Whoah, after so much examples I see now how much potential in buggyness holds in new justice feature. And this whole hidden crap will make very hard to see if what happened was supposed to happen or some bug got in. This will be like armourer position, only ten times worse.

And we will suffer new system for next few years after patching some most obvious bugs. I want to cry.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 02:25:56 pm »

Lies! Over in my community fortress, Glitterglen, I just recently had my Countess change the forbidden export mandate, from pig iron items to amulets, after I had already traded. This lead to 10 ponies be accused of crimes, (I only had 5 prison cells). Two where beaten to death, one of them a legendary. Another legend is in the hospital with four broken legs. and a bunch in jail.

But I never kill nobles, I consider their mass-murdering activities a feature not a problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4