Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trial for dwarfs accused!?!  (Read 2177 times)

fishirboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trial for dwarfs accused!?!
« on: November 07, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »

-Will there be lies, that will get back at dwarfs that took or stole from them?
-Why can't the head dwarf of the guard just show all the evidence in court so that dwarfs don't have to be there!?! You could also hold closed courts or open courts so that the public can walk by and watch them!
-Will there be posers that will say that the crime is wrong if they were bribed or were a friend of the dwarf?
-Could you if there is no judge system in place rate the crime on how bad it is like for example: Stealing is what you put in so you could be a strict communism or a relax colony. A death has to be a long time in prison or death, right?
-Will the MONEY SYSTEM come back or at least be able to turn it on or off?!? very impotent!
-Will there be out cast that will try to come in unnoticed and live in the village with out having to work? like a goblin trying to be a dwarf or something (it could be hiding in a garbage or food pile?!?!)
-Will you be able to expand your land? like get more land make more villages? then if it get to big you only control military and they control houses (could be a thing that you choose)
-Can there be a more deeper level because i have already beaten the demons by poring water down the hole and covering it so that only water can go in and it drowns them and i win! i need more levels!!!!
-will there be a multiplier involvement? like better based detail so you don't have to have turns? or maybe you ask friend if he wants to attack and there is no pawing!?! and you control like normal!
thanks for reading have fun making the game! ;)

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Trial for dwarfs accused!?!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 09:28:39 pm »

I like the idea of dwarves accused of something having a trial, but most of your post doesn't really have anything to do with that.  I'm not entirely sure what your suggesting.  And this is suggestions, not questions.  If you're going to suggest something, suggest it and explain details, not just ask a general question to toady.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:14:01 pm »

I'm not interested in pixels giving ea other pardons.  I want to see blood.  More blood. 

A rebellious menace, shouldn't be given responsible tasks around alcohol or metal.

It would be nice if we could unionize our laborers into like trades, in order to keep the very best and brightest safe from harm, padded at the top most of their guild.  And have the criminals feed on the non legendary dwarfs first in the sub tiers.  That would prevent the death of a crucial high skilled dwarf as a result of a mandate infraction, or stressful thought. 

But a courthouse, I don't particularly agree with.  Not in the traditional sense.  Sorry.  *thumbs down*  I see too many of those in reality.

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:40:12 am »

-Will the MONEY SYSTEM come back or at least be able to turn it on or off?!? very impotent!
-Will there be out cast that will try to come in unnoticed and live in the village with out having to work? like a goblin trying to be a dwarf or something (it could be hiding in a garbage or food pile?!?!)
-Will you be able to expand your land? like get more land make more villages? then if it get to big you only control military and they control houses (could be a thing that you choose)
-Can there be a more deeper level because i have already beaten the demons by poring water down the hole and covering it so that only water can go in and it drowns them and i win! i need more levels!!!!
-will there be a multiplier involvement? like better based detail so you don't have to have turns? or maybe you ask friend if he wants to attack and there is no pawing!?! and you control like normal!
thanks for reading have fun making the game! ;)

First of all, your spelling is horrid. Stop using so many god damned exclamation marks, too. One or none. And tacking one at the end of every sentence doesn't add emphasis, it just makes you come over as a screaming dullard.

That said, Ill answer some of your questions/suggestions. The "suggestions" forum isn't really the right place for development-based questions, try the "Future Of The Fortress" thread next time.

-The economy system, in older versions, was broken as hell. Toady has said it'll return at some point, but we don't quite know when.
-So you want a bigger challenge than hell, huh. Hell is pretty damn challenging if you don't pour a nice little cap of obsidian over the entrance. Get your dwarves into some candy gear and send them down there.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:08:25 pm »

And demons can't be drowned.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 12:51:50 pm »

Yeah, forgot about that. Magma doesn't work either, don't get any ideas.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Soralin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 03:22:23 pm »

And demons can't be drowned.
Considering that the thread topic is about trials, I recommend this as a test to see if a dwarf is secretly a demon. ;)

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 04:32:42 pm »

Whether a dwarf gets a trial should depend on several factors.

First of all, the seriousness of the crime. There should be certain crimes that cause such a moral outrage in a society that they just lop their head off, this would probably depend on the number of witnesses.

The crime rate of a fortress is another factor. If there's a very high rate of crime in a fortress, martial law may be declared, and people just thrown in jail.

The size of the fortress is another matter, if there's just 7 dwarves, no-one is going to worry about a trial.

There are are many more factors that could influence trials.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

astaldaran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 05:03:51 pm »

The crime rate of a fortress is another factor. If there's a very high rate of crime in a fortress, martial law may be declared, and people just thrown in jail.

or get killed.

"Mc Mayor has declared that if anyone is caught being a vampire, summoning the dead, or voting for the opposition; they will be sent on their own expedition to the afterlife"