Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 106413 times)

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch (PvP oriented, rolling signups!)
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 05:07:47 pm »

Spartan
Orange
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 05:30:09 pm »

Guess I should specify my color before someone steals it.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 07:20:03 pm »

Waitlist me!

Powder Miner
Beige (Beige)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch - Round 1, Historically Inaccurate Coliseum!
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 08:50:12 pm »

Turn will get set once Grimmjow posts- just so everyone is aware, you've got 48 hours to post an action. If you don't excuse yourself in advance and fail to meet the deadline, you just stand around like a moron. If I fail to hear back from you before the next turn you EXPLODE.

As far as waitlist peeps, you don't need to snag a color- I'll probably just roll a die to figure out what item you get when you spawn. I just like offering some kind of choice at round start, no matter how meaningless. Of course, if you want to use colors just for shits and giggles, feel free!

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 02:22:53 am »

Grab the net, toss it at sinpwn, then toss a javelin at him.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 1, Turn 1/10
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 08:36:56 pm »

TURN ONE OF TEN

I should mention that attempting multiple attacks in a single turn incurs a cumulative -1 modifier to each attack, which also applies to defense in case of counterstrike. It's basically a special case of the impossibility modifier, and may also apply to long chains of regular actions.

Grab the spear first, then stab Draignean with the spear!
If he is too close, use the dagger!

Bulldog is first to reach the Spear, and stabs at Draignean! [6] vs [6] Bulldog's lightning strike is only slightly slower than Draignean's lightning reflexes!

Dash up to the wall and grab the spear before bulldog and stab HIM!

Draignean fails to get the spear, but he still has his dagger! [4] vs [4]+1  Draignean's slash is expertly deflected by Bulldog's shield!

Micelus runs and rolls towards the net and fires it at Sinpwn. Swipe at his arms with the gladius.

Micelus snatches the Net off the wall and hurls it at Sinpwn! [4] vs [3]  Sinpwn's sword arm becomes fouled in the net, imposing a -1 penalty to attack and dodge rolls! Micelus attempts to follow up on his advantage by striking Sinpwn's other arm! [6]-1+1-2 vs [4]-1  Micelus's strike opens a long- but shallow- gash in Sinpwn's arm! Sinpwn takes 1 damage and suffers a -1 penalty to attack rolls until the end of the next turn!

Sinpwn rushes towards micelus, feigning a whip attack, but instead flanking and slashing with his dagger.

Sinpwn feints with his whip, [2] but fails to fool anyone. He slashes at Micelus with his dagger, [3]-1-1 vs [3] but is well wide of the mark!

Grab the net, toss it at sinpwn, then toss a javelin at him.

Grimmjow runs toward the net, but Micelus beats him to it! Instead, he grabs the Javelins(5) and hurls one at Sinpwn! [2] vs [2] The Javelin falls well short of its target, although Sinpwn nearly staggers into it anyway.

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE- FIRST BLOOD - MICELUS

The crowd leaps to its feat at Micelus's dazzling display of swordsmanship! Micelus is energized by the approbation of the audience, and his current and maximum HP increase by 1! He also takes the lead with THREE POINTS!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
DRAIGNEAN
Currently: "It seems we are evenly matched!"
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Gladiator Armor, Dagger
Status- Normal
SINPWN
Currently: Suffering a series of indignities
HP- 9/10
Inventory-  Loincloth, Whip, Dagger, Net
Status- Arm-Minor wound
MICELUS
Currently: Basking in the applause of the spectators
HP- 11/11
Inventory- Loincloth, Gladius, Dagger
Status- Normal
GRIMMJOW
Currently: Throwing like a girl
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Egyptian healing herbs, Dagger, Javelins(4)
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
Currently: Posing like Leonidas
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Shield, Dagger, Spear
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 08:43:44 pm »

Disarm micelus of his Gladius, take it, then run away like the pansy I am.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 08:52:28 pm »

Impressed by BullDog's prowess Draignean shouts across to him; "I see we are evenly matched, let us dispatch these others and do honorable battle at the end!"

IN the meantime he notices Sinpwn's cowardice and flicks his dagger up so he's holding it at the tip and throws it end over end at Sinpwn's back. (not aimed attack, just flavor) Shout COWARD while doing so.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:54:44 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 09:43:19 pm »

The following is a table I was going to use for debuffs related to rolling [1] on dodge rolls, but since I'm allowing aimed attacks I figured I'd adapt it and make it public. I am TIRED and therefore reserve the right to wildly alter or invalidate this table upon further review or evidence of gameplay imbalance (half the reason I made the first arena a featureless... um, arena, is to give the combat mechanics a quick and dirty balance check before doing weird shit.) Mostly I'm throwing it out here so you folks aren't completely surprised when I start assessing penalties and strange debuffs.

Debuff Odds refers to how likely an area is to be selected randomly (rolling 1 on a dodge roll gives one randomly, for example.)

AA Penalty is the penalty you accept when making an aimed attack targeting a given area (so aiming at the arms is -2, the head is -3, etc.)

To make an aimed attack you MUST declare that it is an aimed attack, otherwise I'll assume it's flavor. Duration of the penalty is related to the difference between attack/defense.

Debuff Odds   AA Penalty   Effect

15%           -3           Head, -1 attack&dodge

20%           -2           Lower Body, 1/6 chance to lose entire turn (nausea)

35%           -2           Arms, -1 attack

30%           -2           Legs, -1 dodge

CARRY ON, THEN

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 10:10:30 pm »

Impressed by BullDog's prowess Draignean shouts across to him; "I see we are evenly matched, let us dispatch these others and do honorable battle at the end!"

BullDog shouts back; "Very well, let us get rid of them quickly!

Stab Grimmjow!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 12:16:32 am »

"People of <insert city name>! Let me prove my prowess! Release the savage beasts into the arena and I shall slay them all!"

Circle sinpwn and stab him in the back. If he's still in the net, stab him again. If not, take the net and throw it at BullDog.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 1, Turn 1/10
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 09:18:56 pm »

TURN TWO OF TEN
In which Fate is tempted

BullDog shouts back; "Very well, let us get rid of them quickly!

Stab Grimmjow!

Bulldog and Draignean reach a momentary truce in favor of striking at weaker foes. Bulldog stabs at Grimmjow with his spear, [6]vs[1]  and Grimmjow attempts to block it with his arm! His unarmored arm. The spear slices clean through, dealing 5 damage and inflicting a Major wound- Grimmjow receives a -2 penalty to attack rolls for the next two turns!

IN the meantime he notices Sinpwn's cowardice and flicks his dagger up so he's holding it at the tip and throws it end over end at Sinpwn's back. (not aimed attack, just flavor) Shout COWARD while doing so.

Secure in his new alliance, Draignean notices Sinpwn's... less than heroic actions and hurls his dagger as Sinpwn turns to flee! [5]vs[3]-1  The dagger carves a deep, ragged path across Sinpwn's shoulder, dealing 3 damage!

"People of <insert city name>! Let me prove my prowess! Release the savage beasts into the arena and I shall slay them all!"

Circle sinpwn and stab him in the back. If he's still in the net, stab him again. If not, take the net and throw it at BullDog.

[1]  "Hey, Emperor! Yeah, you! Nobody likes you! And you smell awful! What'cha gonna do about it, release the lions on me? Or the bees? Or the lions with bees in their mouths so when they roar they shoot bees at you?"  The Emperor gets very, very... quiet.

With that, Micelus returns his attention to his quarry. [2]+1vs[5]-1  His first swing is wide as Sinpwn lurches away from him, [5]+1-1vs[3]-1 but on his backstroke he slashes across Sinpwn's back, dealing 3 damage!

Disarm micelus of his Gladius, take it, then run away like the pansy I am.

[1] Sinpwn grossly overextends in his attempt to retrieve the Gladius with his whip, and leaves himself vulnerable to a counterstrike! [1]+1vs[3]-1 Micelus, however, trips in his eagerness to finish off Sinpwn, leaving himself once again vulnerable to Sinpwn's whip! [5]-1-1vs[3] Sinpwn's whip lashes firmly about the hilt of the Gladius, but between the net and the bleeding he lacks the strength to pull it from Micelus's hands. Noticing that he is bleeding far more than anyone else in the arena, Sinpwn decides to begin running from everyone, gaining a +1 bonus to dodge rolls until his next action (does not apply against ranged attacks)

[...Base to Grimmjow! Come in Grimmjow!]

Grimmjow appears to be distracted by a voice only he can hear.

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE- FOR THE EMPEROR!

The Emperor rises to his feet, his face as purple as his robes in rage! Pointing dramatically at Micelus, he declares "A BOON TO WHOEVER BRINGS ME THE HEAD OF THIS IMPUDENT SLAVE!"  Whoever gives the Emperor Micelus's head (or most of it, anyway) earns himself an additional TWO POINTS

Sinpwn regains feeling in his arm!
Sinpwn manages to free himself from the net! He adds it to his inventory!
The floor of the arena contains a Javelin and a Dagger

COMPLETED OBJECTIVES
FIRST BLOOD - MICELUS

DRAIGNEAN
Currently: Exercising his knife skillz
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Gladiator Armor
Status- Normal
SINPWN
Currently: Exercising the better part of valor
HP- 3/10
Inventory-  Loincloth, Whip, Dagger, Net
Status- Normal
MICELUS
Currently: Exercising poor judgement
HP- 11/11
Inventory- Loincloth, Gladius, Dagger
Status- Normal
GRIMMJOW
Currently: Exercising his mind
HP- 5/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Egyptian healing herbs, Dagger, Javelins(4)
Status- Arm-Major wound
BULLDOG
Currently: Too busy being badass to exercise anything
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Shield, Dagger, Spear
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:20:57 pm by monk12 »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 09:26:30 pm »

Throw the net at micelus then disarm his gladius.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 09:56:21 pm »

Dodge roll and cut DRAIGNEAN's legs.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 08:55:08 pm »

Ok i will be joining

Name:bob
Color: Black
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32