Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 106518 times)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!
« Reply #315 on: December 25, 2011, 08:23:30 pm »

Force bolt the east door down, then go through, checking for traps before entering the room.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 25, 2011, 11:11:52 pm »

read the scroll

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 26, 2011, 01:15:53 pm »

I will note that scrolls, like potions, are consumable.

Turn will be up when Hitty40 posts, or tonight. or tomorrow. I'm sleepy.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:26:31 pm by monk12 »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 27, 2011, 06:25:09 pm »

Go to the west door, check for traps, disarm traps, open door slowly, peek through and check for traps. Put up defensive stance if hostiles are spotted.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3, Turn 5
« Reply #319 on: December 27, 2011, 08:37:32 pm »

Round Three- Turn Five
In which a secret room is found

Go to the west door, check for traps, disarm traps, open door slowly, peek through and check for traps. Put up defensive stance if hostiles are spotted.

[5] G checks for traps! He finds none, and opens the door without incident. Peeking through the door, he sees Bob! Bob and G's maps combine! [5] G prepares to defend himself against attack, and receives a +2 bonus to dodge until the end of turn!

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Force bolt the east door down, then go through, checking for traps before entering the room.

Bulldog takes the direct approach to lock-breaking, [5] and smashes the door to pieces! He cautiously walks down the short hallway before entering a new room. There is a Grave in the center of the room. Bulldog searches for traps, [5] and finds a Land Mine! Because Bulldog knows where the Mine is, he is immune to it- he can leave it where it is, or attempt to disarm it and add it to his inventory, at the risk of accidentally tripping it.

Get the Bear Trap off my leg

[5] After much pulling and prying, Spartan is able to free himself from the Bear Trap! In fact, he is able to remove it from the ground as well, and adds the Bear Trap to his inventory!

Spoiler: Gas Spore (click to show/hide)

read the scroll

Bob decides to identify the scroll the old-fashioned way, and reads it! [4] The runes on the scroll flare, engulfing Bob in a flash of light! Bob disappears as the scroll crumbles to dust!

He reappears in a completely new room! On a stand on the South Wall is an unidentified Runed Wand. On the floor is an American Express Credit Card, accepted precisely nowhere. Also in this room is a wild pony- ponies make great pets and can be easily tamed with fresh fruit or vegetables... that Bob does not have. Which means this pony is a formidable opponent.

There are no obvious exits, which is problematic to say the least.

Spoiler: Pony (click to show/hide)

Kick open the western door, and attempt to grab and bodily throw a mane in to check for traps.

Powder Miner kicks open the Eastern door, and reaches for a Manes to execute his proactive trapfinding technique! [1] His clumsy grab fails to secure the Manes, and another uses the opportunity to attack! [4]-2vs[5] The Manes attack is ineffectual, and Powder Miner brushes it off as he peers into the new room. This room is filled with a low fog that rises up into a cloud in the center of the room!

Spoiler: Manes 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manes 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manes 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manes 4 (click to show/hide)

Aggravated Monsters

The gas spore in room 69 continues hovering just over Spartan's shoulder.

Manes 1-4 continue their attack on Powder Miner in room 29! [4]-2vs[4] [2]-2vs[2] Manes 1 and 2 flail ineffectually against Powder Miner's superior dodging skills, [1] [1] And Manes 3 and 4 try to fly into his mouth! This tactic is as suicidal as it is dumb, and Powder Miner counterstrikes! [2]+1vs[2] He slashes Manes Three for ONE damage, [1] but exposes himself to a counterattack from Manes 4! [2]-2vs[5] Powder Miner is easily able to fend off the attack, however.

The fog cloud in room 76 seems to sense Powder Miner, and flies at him! [1] Unfortunately for it, it seems to be flying into something of a headwind, and is unable to attack before Powder Miner slashes at it! [1] Powder Miner trips as he attacks it, however, and falls into the Fog Cloud! [4]vs[5] He can feel the Cloud trying to suck him further in, but he is able to resist the pull!

The pony in 9 rears as Bob appears! The pony kicks, [6]vs[4] and cracks Bob in the chest for TWO damage! The pony bites, [6]-1vs[3] and its powerful jaws deal another TWO damage!

Spoiler: Fog Cloud (click to show/hide)

Primary Objective- Find the Amulet of Yendor
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BOB - Fighter
Currently: Not a brony at 9
HP- 6/15
Inventory-  Adventuring garb, 100 Gold, Short Sword
Status- Normal
G - Fighter
Currently: Wondering where Bob went at 70
HP- 4/15
Inventory-  Adventuring garb, Short Sword, Mithril Armor
Status- Normal
POWDER MINER - Fighter
Currently: Beset by comically ineffective foes at 29
HP- 8/15
Inventory- Adventuring garb, Short Sword, Longsword
Status- Normal
SPARTAN - Fighter
Currently: Checking out his shiny new toy at 69
HP- 11/15
Inventory- Adventuring garb, Blessed Short Sword, Ring of Regeneration, Bear Trap
Status- Has prayed once
BULLDOG - Mage
Currently: Playing Minesweeper at 15
HP- 8/10
Inventory- Robe and Wizard's hat, Spellbook of Protection, Crystal Wand
Spells- Force Bolt, Protection
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 28, 2011, 12:00:39 am »

Well it was a scroll of teleporting i was not expecting that at all. Also did you just make a joke about dwarf fortress horses?
Slash the horse 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:05:04 am by antlion12 »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2011, 12:03:34 am »

Take a rest and heal up.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2011, 02:56:40 pm »

Try the mane-throwing again! If that fails, SLASH EVERYTHING!

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2011, 09:50:56 pm »

Cast protection and try to disarm the mine.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2011, 09:53:54 pm »

Well it was a scroll of teleporting i was not expecting that at all. Also did you just make a joke about dwarf fortress horses?
Slash the horse 

Yep, Scroll of Teleport- note that you'll recognize Scrolls of Teleport from now on, assuming another pops into existence somewhere.

And I didn't realize until you said it that Nethack and DF horses are both really deadly- mostly because they tend to get cornered easily and attack fast and hard, but still.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 29, 2011, 08:13:34 am »

That Gas Spore annoys me, slash it with my Blessed Sword. Then leave the room.
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 29, 2011, 11:46:06 am »

Waitlist meh.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3, Turn 6
« Reply #327 on: December 29, 2011, 01:25:00 pm »

Round Three- Turn Six
In which things start dying finally

Take a rest and heal up.

[4] Deciding to take advantage of his peaceful surroundings, G sits down. Ah, that's better.

Cast protection and try to disarm the mine.

[3] Muttering an incantation, Bulldog casts Protection, gaining a +1 to dodge rolls until end of turn! Thus fortified, he attempts to disarm the mine. [5] Bulldog expertly deactivates the mine, removes it from its resting place and adds the explosive to his inventory!

Try the mane-throwing again! If that fails, SLASH EVERYTHING!

Powder Miner reaches out to grab a Manes, [2]vs[6] but he is unable to get a firm grip before it slips away! Enraged by this, Powder Miner SLASHES WILDLY! [3]+1-1vs[1] His first slash connects with Manes 3, dealing TWO damage! The Manes is slain, and Powder Miner earns ONE POINT! Emboldened, he slashes at Manes 1, [3]+1-2vs[1] and deals ONE damage! Smelling blood, he slashes a third time, [5]+1-3vs[6] but the Manes is able to evade the attack!

Spoiler: Manes 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manes 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manes 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fog Cloud (click to show/hide)

That Gas Spore annoys me, slash it with my Blessed Sword. Then leave the room.

Spartan's Ring of Regeneration restores ONE hitpoint! Flush with health, he stabs at the annoying Gas Spore! [1] Spartan trips, opening himself to a counterstrike! The Gas Spore floats into his face- I think it's giving you a hug?

Embarrassed, Spartan moves South. This room is much smaller, with doors West and South. In the center of the room is a Gray Ooze- though weak and slow, the Gray Ooze has the dangerous ability to rust items.

Spoiler: Gas Spore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gray Ooze (click to show/hide)

Slash the horse 

Bob assaults the pony, [1] but his slash is wild, and he exposes himself to a counterstrike! [4]vs[1] The pony kicks Bob in the gut, dealing THREE damage and bruising his guts! Bob is nauseous until the end of Turn Ten!

Spoiler: Pony (click to show/hide)

Aggravated Monsters

The gas spore in room 69 follows Spartan into room 36.

Manes 1, 2, and 4 continue their attack on Powder Miner in room 29! [2]-2vs[3] Manes 1 is as ineffective as ever, [1] and Manes 2 exposes himself to counterattack! [5]+1vs[1] Powder Miner slashes the Manes to pieces, utterly destroying it and earning ONE POINT! [4]-2vs[1] Manes 4 hits Powder Miner in the knee from behind, however, dealing ONE damage and imposing a -1 penalty to dodge rolls until the end of Turn Seven!

The fog cloud in room 29 attacks Powder Miner, [2]vs[5]-1 but fails to envelop him!

The pony in 9 attacks Bob, [4]vs[4] but he is able to stumble away from the attack! The pony bites, [6]-1vs[6] but its jaws find only Bob's sleeve as he avoids the blow!

The gray ooze in 36 flows toward Spartan, [6]-1vs[3] and its acid burns him for ONE damage! [6] Fortunately, Spartan's sword does not rust.

G was not molested during his brief rest, and he restores TWO hitpoints!

Primary Objective- Find the Amulet of Yendor
BOB - Fighter
Currently: Channeling his inner Filbert at 9
HP- 3/15
Inventory-  Adventuring garb, 100 Gold, Short Sword
Status- Nauseous
G - Fighter
Currently: Taking it easy at 70
HP- 6/15
Inventory-  Adventuring garb, Short Sword, Mithril Armor
Status- Normal
POWDER MINER - Fighter
Currently: Running into the law of averages at 29
HP- 7/15
Inventory- Adventuring garb, Short Sword, Longsword
Status- Leg- Minor Wound
SPARTAN - Fighter
Currently: Beset by blobby enemies at 36
HP- 11/15
Inventory- Adventuring garb, Blessed Short Sword, Ring of Regeneration, Bear Trap
Status- Has prayed once
BULLDOG - Mage
Currently:  8) at 15
HP- 8/10
Inventory- Robe and Wizard's hat, Spellbook of Protection, Crystal Wand, Land Mine
Spells- Force Bolt, Protection
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:42:27 pm by monk12 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 29, 2011, 01:36:09 pm »

You forgot to change the "In which..." subtitle!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 29, 2011, 01:43:34 pm »

Oh bugger- I always forget that one. Normally I catch it right before posting (or right after, as the case may be.) Stupid Past Monk and his stupid subtitle idea.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32