Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 105656 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!
« on: November 08, 2011, 11:53:37 pm »

You are about to engage in a brutal, winner-take-all fight to the death. YOUR GOAL- to survive to the end of each round while accumulating the highest number of points. You receive TEN points for each player you kill, FIVE points for killing a monster or other NPC combatant, and AN UNSPECIFIED NUMBER of points for achieving secondary objectives. The player who has the MOST POINTS at the end of a round gets to choose the setting for the next round of combat. They also get to feel special.

DA RULES

Players post actions, and their result is determined by rolling 1d6+mod against the following chart

0 and lower- Oh wow- Your action fails to achieve the intended result, and your situation is made as bad as possible
1- Critical Failure - Your action fails to achieve the intended results, and your situation is made worse by that failure
2- Failure - Your action fails to achieve the intended result
3- Partial Success - Your action succeeds, but not to the degree you would have wished
4- Success - Your action achieves all intended results
5- Critical Success- Your action results in the best possible outcome for you
6- Overshoot- Your action succeeds, but the manner of that success also worsens your situation
7 and above- Critical Overshoot- Your action succeeds, and the manner of that success causes the overall situation to worsen.

I reserve the right to declare actions impossible and assess a -5 "Impossibility Modifier". This modifier may be reduced or negated if the action is sufficiently interesting/amusing. Some actions may not require any roll- some actions may be so complex as to necessitate multiple rolls. While I'm on the subject, I also reserve the right to be rude, crude, unsympathetic, surprisingly generous, and to bold things at random.

Every turn is broken into two phases. First, each player's turn plays out in order of their roll, highest to lowest. Second is a cleanup phase during which NPC's move, environmental effects occur, and so forth.

Each player has 10/10 hitpoints to start the round- items/effects may raise this maximum or heal damage taken during play. Players can accumulate new abilities or gain bonuses during the course of play, normally in the form of found items. Each player begins play with setting-appropriate attire and one random item.

When a player attacks another player, they each roll 1d6+mod. The attacker's result - defender's result = damage dealt. If the attacker rolls a 1 on his attack roll, the defender receives a free counterstrike. If the defender rolls a 1 on his dodge roll, then in addition to the damage dealt the defender also suffers some kind of debuff (stabbed leg impairs movement, for example.)

If a player dies, they are sent to the end of the waiting list, and the next player in line enters the arena. Their lifetime score is added to the Leaderboard- although points do not carry over between plays, their new character will receive as-yet unspecified bonuses related to their score/rank on the Leaderboard. If you die due to unfortunate luck or blatant ganking, don't come crying to me- harden your hate into a weapon for your new character to wield. Players have 48 hours to post an action- if they fail to inform me of a planned absence, they do nothing for a turn. If this happens again next turn they EXPLODE.

Each round has a setting- the setting determines what items will appear, what weapons will be used, what powers are available, and other environmental quirks. The player who wins a round gets to decide what the next round's setting will be. The first setting will be a HISTORICALLY INACCURATE ROMAN COLISEUM and last for TEN TURNS.

Survive the wall o' text? Then sign up! Post a NAME and I'll throw you on the waitlist- things should clip along nicely. If you're still debating whether to join, perhaps a glance at the hilarious deaths on the Leaderboard will sway you? The Rounds (and round summaries) are also linked below.

Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:43:15 am by monk12 »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch (PvP oriented, rolling signups!)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 11:57:57 pm »

Draignean
Color: Indigo
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 12:00:09 am »

Sinpwn
Blue

Edit: Changed my color.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:07:35 am by Sinpwn »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 12:13:58 am »

micelus
Orange
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 12:30:35 am »

Grimmjow
Navy
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 12:46:12 am »

Bulldog
Green

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 08:59:47 am »

Toaster
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 09:21:00 am »

Waitlist meh.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 1, Turn 1/10
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 10:39:27 am »

You are standing in a HISTORICALLY INACCURATE ROMAN COLISEUM. Each player is evenly spaced around the outer wall, which is some twenty feet high. There are GATES to the North, South, East, and West. Above the North Gate is the EMPEROR'S BOOTH, where he and his entourage observe the festivities.

DRAIGNEAN is equipped with a set of GLADIATOR ARMOR- the added protection makes him immune to debuffs from failed dodge rolls

SINPWN is equipped with a WHIP- in addition to his regular attack, he can attempt to disarm an opponent (regular combat rules, no damage dealt.)

MICELUS is equipped with a GLADIUS- this finely crafted Roman shortsword provides a +1 bonus to attack rolls.

GRIMMJOW has a pouch with three EGYPTIAN HEALING HERBS- each herb numbs pain and slows bloodloss, healing for 2hp apiece.

BULLDOG is equipped with a round SHIELD, providing a +1 bonus to dodge rolls.

On the walls of the Coliseum you also see a set of FIVE JAVELINS, a SPEAR and a NET. The crowd roars approval as the Emperor stands, proclaiming "LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE- FIRST BLOOD

The first player to deal damage to another player earns the approval of the crowd, as well as THREE POINTS

-----------------------------------------------------------------
DRAIGNEAN
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Gladiator Armor, Dagger
Status- Normal
SINPWN
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Loincloth, Whip, Dagger
Status- Normal
MICELUS
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Gladius, Dagger
Status- Normal
GRIMMJOW
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Egyptian healing herbs, Dagger
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Shield, Dagger
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 10:51:03 am »

Sinpwn rushes towards micelus, feigning a whip attack, but instead flanking and slashing with his dagger.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 11:36:36 am »

Name: Jacen
Color: Brown
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 02:09:34 pm »

Dash up to the wall and grab the spear before bulldog and stab HIM!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:19:07 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 02:10:50 pm »

Grab the spear first, then stab Draignean with the spear!
If he is too close, use the dagger!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:51:10 pm by BullDog »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 02:21:55 pm »

Micelus runs and rolls towards the net and fires it at Sinpwn. Swipe at his arms with the gladius.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 02:39:34 pm »

Name: "G"
Color:Teal
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32