Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 106206 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 1, Turn 5/10
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2011, 11:10:49 pm »

TURN FIVE OF TEN
In which the food chain is reversed

"Really? The gods have time to protect you but don't have time to protect me? I've spent 12 years training as a priest....DAMN YOU MARS!"

Grab the loincloth and dagger. Throw the loincloth at Sinpwn's face and stab the east lion silly with both daggers at his rear.

Micelus dives and rolls, coming up holding the dagger and Loincloth! He throws the Loincloth at Sinpwn's face, [5]-3vs[3] but an errant gust blows it over his head! Dual-wielding the daggers, Micelus then turns and attacks the easterly lion, [5]-1vs[6] [6]-1vs[4] his twin daggers scratching across the lion's tawny hide, dealing ONE damage!

Get the net, then throw it on Toaster. Impale him with the spear. Then stab him in the heart with my dagger.(flavor)

Bulldog scoops up the Net and lofts it at Toaster, [4]vs[2] grunting in satisfaction as it neatly enfolds him! Toaster suffers -1 to attack and dodge until the end of turn 7 (or he frees himself, whichever comes first.) Leaping forward, Bulldog follows up on his advantage [6]-1vs[5]-1 with a well placed spear thrust, dealing ONE damage! Drawing his dagger, Bulldog moves in for the killing blow [2]-2vs[3]-1 but his stab is wild!

Get the net and throw it at micelus, then throw a javelin at him.

Sinpwn is too late to grab the Net, and instead dances back before throwing a javelin at Micelus! [4]vs[6] Micelus nimbly avoids the missile!

Follow up with two more attacks to Draignean!

Eat trident!

Smelling blood, Toaster stabs away at Draignean, net or no net! [2]-1vs[3] His first attack is completely fouled by the net, [5]-1-1vs[5] and Draignean gracefully avoids the second stroke as well!

Grab Dagger from arena floor and stab Toaster in the head!

Micelus has already grabbed the dagger, but Toaster's net-related difficulties seem like a perfect moment to strike! [1] Draignean stumbles as he moves in to the attack, [4]-1vs[3] but Toaster's counterstrike is slowed by the net, allowing Draignean to recover!

The floor of the arena contains a Dagger and a Javelin. There's a Loincloth here too.

THE LION EATS TONIGHT!

[2] The Eastern Lion swipes at Bulldog, [6]vs[5]+1 but Bulldog blocks with his shield!

[3] The Western Lion pounces on Sinpwn, [6]vs[6] but Sinpwn rolls under the attack and comes to his feet unscathed!

The Southern Lion roars and charges Bulldog, [1] but Bulldog cannily sets his feet and readies his spear,  [5]+2vs[2] impaling the lion and dealing FIVE damage! The lion roars in pain, blood streaming from its mouth!

Spoiler: East Lion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: West Lion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: South Lion (click to show/hide)

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE- FOR THE EMPEROR! - Whoever gives the Emperor Micelus's head (or most of it, anyway) earns himself an additional TWO POINTS
COMPLETED OBJECTIVES
FIRST BLOOD - MICELUS

-----------------------------------------------------------------
DRAIGNEAN
Currently: Regretting his loss of dagger in Turn 2
HP- 5/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Gladiator Armor
Status- Normal
SINPWN
Currently: Throwing things at Micelus
HP- 8/10
Inventory-  Loincloth, Whip, Dagger, Gladius, Dagger, Javelins(3)
Status- Normal
MICELUS
Currently: Throwing things at Sinpwn
HP- 7/11
Inventory- Loincloth, Dagger
Status- Normal
TOASTER
Currently: Stabby stabby!
HP- 7/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Barbed Trident, Dagger, Net
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
Currently: Considering a career in lion-taming
HP- 9/10
Inventory- Loincloth, Shield, Dagger, Spear
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch - Round 1, Historically Inaccurate Coliseum!
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2011, 11:32:52 pm »

Throw a javelin at the south lion, then attempt to disarm Bulldog of his shield.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:05:56 am by Sinpwn »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2011, 12:00:32 am »

Rip my loincloth off and use the damn thing as a garotte! Strangle the Mars blessed lion with it!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:20:25 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2011, 01:33:40 am »

Jump on the western lion's back and stab its neck with both daggers.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2011, 12:48:08 pm »

Get the damn net off me, then throw all the javelins on the floor at Draignean.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2011, 01:17:13 pm »

Grab a javelin, throw it at Sinpwn, then impale the south lion.
If it's still alive then stab with the dagger.
If it's dead when I get there, then stab Sinpwn with the spear!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 1, Turn 6/10
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2011, 07:07:18 pm »

TURN SIX OF TEN
In which the arena becomes a leonine rodeo

Get the damn net off me, then throw all the javelins on the floor at Draignean.

[5]  Toaster expertly escapes the net, folding it neatly! Picking up the Javelin on the floor, Toaster then hurls it at Draignean! [5]vs[2] The javelin scores Driagnean's side, dealing THREE damage!

Grab a javelin, throw it at Sinpwn, then impale the south lion.
If it's still alive then stab with the dagger.
If it's dead when I get there, then stab Sinpwn with the spear!

Bulldog picks up the javelin that just slashed Draignean and throws it at Sinpwn! [3]vs[5] Sinpwn ducks, and the javelin sails harmlessly overhead! Bulldog thrusts at the Southern Lion with his spear, [1] but he overextends, exposing himself! The lion slashes at Bulldog's belly, [2]+1vs[4]+1 but Bulldog again blocks the attack with his shield. Drawing his dagger, Bulldog once again stabs at the lion, [4]-2vs[4] but the lion retreats from the blow, snarling in defiance.

Rip my loincloth off and use the damn thing as a garotte! Strangle the Mars blessed lion with it!

Step one of Draignean's brilliant plan is elegant in its simplicity- strip naked! Step two displays a unique blend of badass and balls-crazy as it involves leaping atop the Southern Lion and strangling it with his Loincloth! [3]-1vs[6] The flimsy material of the Loincloth is insufficient to do more than discomfort the lion, but it DOES make a surprisingly good bridle! Draignean is now riding the Southern Lion Step 3 profit?

Jump on the western lion's back and stab its neck with both daggers.

Perhaps inspired by Draignean's antics, Micelus leaps atop the back of the Western Lion! Rather than use his only article of clothing as a weaopn, he instead elects to use daggers instead. [2]vs[3] [2]vs[4] The lion bucks just as Micelus stabs, causing him to slam facefirst into the lion's back, his stabs going wide! Micelus is now riding the Western Lion!

Throw a javelin at the south lion, then attempt to disarm Bulldog of his shield.

Sinpwn throws one of his javelins at the Southern Lion, [1] but falls flat on his face! Fortunately, the lion is not nearly close enough to take advantage of that miscue. Wielding his whip, Sinpwn strikes at Bulldog's shield [5]vs[4]+1 but Bulldog is able to maintain his grip!

The floor of the arena contains a Dagger and a Javelin. There's a Loincloth here too.

THE LION EATS TONIGHT!

[2] The Eastern Lion leaps at Bulldog, [3]vs[6]+1 but Bulldog easily avoids the attack!

The Western Lion roars, outraged by Micelus's audaciousness, and attempts to throw him from its back! [6] Micelus desperately grabs at the lion's mane and manages to remain mounted- at the cost of two fistfuls of lion hair. The lion flies into a rage!

The Southern Lion, shocked by Draignean's action, attempts to buck him! [4]+1 Draignean easily maintains his seating, and even gains some measure of control over the movements of the Lion! He gains +1 to dodge rolls as long as he is mounted!

Spoiler: South Lion (click to show/hide)

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE- FOR THE EMPEROR! - Whoever gives the Emperor Micelus's head (or most of it, anyway) earns himself an additional TWO POINTS
COMPLETED OBJECTIVES
FIRST BLOOD - MICELUS

DRAIGNEAN
Currently: Mounted on the Mars-Blessed Southern Lion. Naked.
HP- 2/10
Inventory- Loincloth bridle, Gladiator Armor
Status- Normal
SINPWN
Currently: Flailing ineffectually
HP- 8/10
Status- Normal
MICELUS
Currently: Mounted on the Western Lion
HP- 7/11
Inventory- Loincloth, Dagger, Dagger, Lion hair
Status- Normal
TOASTER
Currently: Doing the only damage of the turn
HP- 7/10
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
Currently: Wondering why he didn't think of lion-riding!
HP- 9/10
Status- Normal

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2011, 07:24:43 pm »

Assume anti-cavalry stance and trident the Lion out from under Draignean!  Trident Draignean too for good measure.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2011, 07:53:53 pm »

Epicly stab the lion in both eyes.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2011, 08:03:24 pm »

That would be epic.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2011, 12:48:26 am »

Slide under the southern lion and impale it with the gladius, attempt to shishkebab Draignean as well.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2011, 02:19:57 pm »

Pray for a rain of fire then jump on the east lion from behind and tame the beast!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2011, 08:06:28 pm »

Waiting on Draignean? Not for much longer, anyway.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2011, 10:04:09 pm »

Pray to mars for one last blessed charge on his magical lion, trade all possible defense for one last suicidal charge at Micelus. I will die with glory.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 1, Turn 7/10
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2011, 12:23:38 am »

TURN SEVEN OF TEN
In which the score is run up

Epicly stab the lion in both eyes.

[6]-1vs[5]-1 [6]-1vs[3]-1  Micelus reaches forward and stabs down, gouging both of the Western Lion's eyes! The lion takes FOUR damage and is now blind!

Slide under the southern lion and impale it with the gladius, attempt to shishkebab Draignean as well.

Sinpwn runs across the arena and, as the Southern Lion rears, skids beneath it and thrusts up with his Gladius! [6]+1vs[5] The sword pierces the great beast's heart, and the glow flickers and fades as the lion falls dead before Sinpwn! Sinpwn follows up on his advantage as Draignean falls from his collapsing mount, [3]+1-1vs[1] slashing at the head, shattering the skull, jamming the skull into the brain and tearing the brain! Draignean has been struck down! The crowd roars in approval as Sinpwn stands atop the corpses of the fallen, and Sinpwn receives SEVENTEEN POINTS!

Pray to mars for one last blessed charge on his magical lion, trade all possible defense for one last suicidal charge at Micelus. I will die with glory.

[3] Draignean attempts to die with glory. He was partially successful? He sure got the dying part down, anyway.

Assume anti-cavalry stance and trident the Lion out from under Draignean!  Trident Draignean too for good measure.

[2]  Toaster stabs the shit out of the corpses! This senseless display of bloodlust is somewhat uncomfortable to observe, and elicits nervous laughter from the audience.

Pray for a rain of fire then jump on the east lion from behind and tame the beast!

[2]-3

"OH MIGHTY... uh, GOD OF FIRE RAIN! LET THE FIRE FALL!"

Nothing seems to happen. Nonplussed, Bulldog elects to leap atop the Eastern Lion and tame it as a mount! [2] Unfortunately, the lion is too elusive!

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE- HOG WILD - The Emperor rises to his feet and, gesturing grandly, proclaims- RELEASE THE GREASED PIG!

The north gate opens, and to the crowd's amusement a greased pig runs out, squealing in fright! Dead, the pig is worth TWO POINTS, but alive it is worth FIVE POINTS.

As he sits down, the Emperor glowers at the Beastmaster. "I'm just saying, it's a bit anticlimactic after the lion fighting, you know?" The Beastmaster shrugs.

Spoiler: Greased Pig (click to show/hide)

The floor of the arena contains a Dagger, a set of Gladiator Armor, and a Javelin. There's a Loincloth here too.

THE LION EATS TONIGHT!

[2] The Eastern Lion leaps at Sinpwn, [6]vs[3] and its claws rake a deep furrow across his back, dealing THREE damage!

The Western Lion bellows in pain, and attempts to roll over in an attempt to dislodge Micelus! [6] Micelus hops off, then hops back on as the lion regains its footing! Unfortunately, he is now facing backward.

COMPLETED OBJECTIVES
FIRST BLOOD - MICELUS

RIP Draignean
SINPWN
Currently: Winning.
HP- 5/10
Status- Normal
MICELUS
Currently: Blinding the Western Lion
HP- 7/11
Inventory- Loincloth, Dagger, Dagger, Lion hair
Status- Normal
TOASTER
Currently: Desecrating corpses
HP- 7/10
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
Currently: Praying to uncaring gods
HP- 9/10
Status- Normal

***THREE TURNS LEFT***
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32