Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 105670 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch - Round 1, Over! Victory- SINPWN
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2011, 02:17:34 pm »

Engage Excessive Celebration.

The next field of battle shall be of my own sadistic making. A large metal disk carved with many glowing magical runes (which may or may not be beneficial) balancing on a tall spike jutting out of a sea of magma. The spectators shall be demons. The area shall be prone to numerous earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. The weapons shall be magical spells, demonic melee weapons and crude firearms. Feel free to change it if you think it is a little too extreme for round two.

This would be amazing if it happened.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2011, 11:37:24 pm »

Engage Excessive Celebration.

The next field of battle shall be of my own sadistic making. A large metal disk carved with many glowing magical runes (which may or may not be beneficial) balancing on a tall spike jutting out of a sea of magma. The spectators shall be demons. The area shall be prone to numerous earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. The weapons shall be magical spells, demonic melee weapons and crude firearms. Feel free to change it if you think it is a little too extreme for round two.

IT SHALL BE SO

I ended up working late, so I didn't get the opportunity to do much work on this. Things'll get kicked off tomorrow, cats and kittens.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2011, 10:04:39 pm »

I HUNGER FOR BLOOD

So, will the combatants in this round get starting equipment based on their color like in the first round? I'd imagine already knowing who chose each color before you assign equipment leaves room for bias, hm?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2011, 10:59:30 pm »

I HUNGER FOR BLOOD

So, will the combatants in this round get starting equipment based on their color like in the first round? I'd imagine already knowing who chose each color before you assign equipment leaves room for bias, hm?

I think what I'm going to do is just have a list of available equipment and let folks pick what they want. Precedence first goes to position on the Leaderboard (make that list useful for something,) followed by first-come first served- we'll see how that goes.

I've just about got the starting kits finished, I'm just working out some kinks in the special rules for this arena. Also working on a name for this horrible place :P  Should be done in a bit here.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2 Preparation
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2011, 12:52:38 am »

ROUND TWO- WELCOME TO HELL!

Before you lies the Arena- a great metal disk seemingly poised on the brink of oblivion, perched atop a tall metal spike above a magma sea. This disk is much larger than the previous arena, and has location-specific effects related to the numerous magical runes inscribed on the surface. As a result, there are now MOVEMENT RULES. BEHOLD!

Your character can perform actions or attack any enemy in your current zone, same as normal. You can move to any adjacent zone and attack, but you will suffer a -1 movement penalty for the movement. You may attempt to move through two or more zones in one turn- your success will be determined by a standard RTD roll, and you will likely suffer additional penalties to further actions.

As far as EQUIPMENT is concerned, everybody starts with a basic magical attack spell (basically this round's dagger, but you can't be disarmed of it) and some tattered garments. In addition, you get to choose ONE extra piece of equipment from the list below. Sinpwn gets to choose first as overall points leader, and Micelus gets to choose second- after that it's first come first served. You may make a conditional list (First choice, second choice, third, etc) if you wish.

Scroll of Teleport- Selecting this scroll will add the Teleport Spell to your abilities list. Teleport allows you to teleport anything you wish wherever you wish, provided it is on the surface of the disk. No teleporting off the edge, or fifty feet in the air. Casting this spell requires you to make a standard RTD roll to determine success.

Greataxe- This large, cruelly hooked axe is good for +1 to attack rolls. It is also inscribed with magical runes that provide an additional +1 against demons, imps, and all manner of hellspawn.

Swordchucks- A pair of scimitars tied together with steel chains, this ridiculously unsafe weapon grants a +2 on attack rolls, but when rolling a 1 while wielding them you attack yourself in addition to provoking a counterstrike.

Scythe- This long-handled implement of death allows you to make a trip attack without penalty (normally -2). If a trip attack hits, the opponent suffers a -2 to dodge rolls until the end of the turn.

Poisoned Dagger- This long bladed dagger is coated with a nasty poison. A player who is struck by these daggers becomes poisoned. At the start of every turn, a poisoned player makes a dodge roll against the poison- 1-2 deals damage, 3 avoids damage but incurs brief attack penalty, 4 avoids damage, 5 cures poison status and 6 cures poison but incurs brief dodge penalty.

Musket- This crude Musket comes with ten musket balls and a pouch of gunpowder. Firing the Musket is a ranged attack, meaning the wielder is immune to counterstrikes and can attack any player on the disk without penalty. The Musket grants +1 on attack rolls, but reloading is a time-consuming process that counts as an attack for Multiattack penalties and whatnot.

Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch - Round 2 Preparation
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2011, 01:23:57 am »

1. Musket
2. Scroll of Teleport
3.Greataxe
4. Poisoned dagger
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2011, 01:28:28 am »

I will take the Scroll of Teleport.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2011, 02:00:49 am »

Holy hell, swordchucks.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2011, 09:53:07 am »

Greataxe please.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 04:08:33 pm by BullDog »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2011, 02:40:06 pm »

Can I join?
If yes:

TCM
Color: Teal
Equipment: Poison Dagger

If not, I guess I'll stay on the waitlist till' Round 3.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2 Prep
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2011, 10:03:54 pm »

We are currently waiting on TOASTER to select one of the following weapons- if he doesn't pick by tomorrow then I'll flip a coin and we'll get this show on the road!

Scythe- This long-handled implement of death allows you to make a trip attack without penalty (normally -2). If a trip attack hits, the opponent suffers a -2 to dodge rolls until the end of the turn.

Poisoned Dagger- This long bladed dagger is coated with a nasty poison. A player who is struck by these daggers becomes poisoned. At the start of every turn, a poisoned player makes a dodge roll against the poison- 1-2 deals damage, 3 avoids damage but incurs brief attack penalty, 4 avoids damage, 5 cures poison status and 6 cures poison but incurs brief dodge penalty.

Can I join?
If yes:

TCM
Color: Teal
Equipment: Poison Dagger

If not, I guess I'll stay on the waitlist till' Round 3.

A bit of a line in front of you, but worry not- I interpreted "demonic" as "ludicrously deadly," so we'll probably see an increase in the mortality rate this round. Welcome to the waitlist.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
GATLEOS
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Swordchucks
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
SINPWN
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Tattered Garments
Spells- Force Bolt, Teleport
Status- Normal
MICELUS
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Musket(10 ammo)
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
TOASTER
BULLDOG
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Greataxe
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2011, 10:50:30 pm »

Oops, sorry!

Scythe's a turd, so I'll take that hot hot Dagger.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Grapple in Gehenna
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2011, 03:10:43 pm »

ROUND TWO- FIGHT!
Welcome to Hell, enjoy your stay

Demons circle the arena on great leathery bat-wings, chattering imps swirling in their midst! Hundreds of feet below, a great sea of magma ripples like the hide of a great orange and black lizard. Volcanoes are born in a crescendo of violence, erupting from the depths before cooling and once again sinking beneath the deadly waves of heat. From this tumultuous surface rises a great metal spike of unknown material, rising high into the air. At the top is a great disk inscribed with glowing runes of unknown power- here the combatants stand!

SINPWN stands in the Center of the disk, surrounded by runes wreathed in ethereal purple flames. He holds in his hands a Scroll of Teleport- opening it, he reads the mystical markings, and the scroll vanishes in a flash of light! A light blue pulse of energy spreads from Sinpwn across the entire disk, and the gains the ability to Teleport!

MICELUS stands in the North-East segment of the disk, surrounded by coruscating yellow runes. He calmly loads his Musket, a powerful weapon that can strike any opponent on the disk!

GATLEOS stands in the North-West segment of the disk, surrounded by pulsing blue runes. He unlimbers his Swordchucks, giving them an experimental swing. The Swordchucks are an extremely deadly weapon, but they pose nearly as much a threat to the wielder as to his opponents!

BULLDOG stands in the South-East segment of the disk, surrounded by pulsing green runes. He hefts his Greataxe confidently, having faith in its consistency. The head of the axe glows faintly with light blue runes, a potent enchantment against any wayward hellspawn that may approach the disk!

TOASTER stands in the South-West segment of the disk, surrounded by dull, angry red runes. He draws his Poisoned Dagger carefully, well aware that any who feel its sting may not live to regret it!

THE ROUND WILL LAST FOR TEN TURNS. THE ROUND BEGINS...NOW!

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

GATLEOS
Currently: North-West
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Swordchucks
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
SINPWN
Currently: Center
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Tattered Garments
Spells- Force Bolt, Teleport
Status- Normal
MICELUS
Currently: North-East
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Musket(10 ammo)
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
TOASTER
Currently: South-West
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Poisoned Dagger
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
Currently: South-East
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Greataxe
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:39:41 pm by monk12 »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2011, 03:17:40 pm »

So Toaster has no tattered garments?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2011, 03:18:29 pm »

Focus on dodging attacks.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:22:50 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32