Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 106495 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Grapple in Gehenna
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2011, 03:19:14 pm »

I'm calling it now, Gatleos will decimate everything with those swordchucks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2011, 03:22:01 pm »

I'm calling it now, Gatleos dies in the first five rounds.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2011, 03:35:55 pm »

Those swordchucks will either be ludicrously overpowered or result in the death of one or more wielder. Or both. I've decided to keep some basic stats for this round, see if that ends up being too much bookkeeping- Most Damaging Weapon and Swordchuck Effectiveness will be among them.

So Toaster has no tattered garments?

SURE he does, they're just, uh... invisible. Yeah.

Oh wait look there they are. Must be some kind of silly temporary invisibility that will never come up again ever.

Fire force bolt at Bulldog.

Just to be clear, Force Bolt can only target enemies in the same zone as you, so as posted this action will go down as "go to wherever Bulldog is and THEN Force Bolt him."

EDIT: AHHH NINJAS!  Say, how many non-current-players out there are paying attention to this thread? It wouldn't be too hard to throw some audience participation up in here.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2011, 03:37:08 pm »

I'm watching.

Hungrily.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2011, 04:01:38 pm »

Teleport micelus to the middle while I run to the North-East.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2011, 05:01:49 pm »

Run to the middle and stab the first person I see there.  If no one is present, do some pushups instead.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2011, 06:36:56 pm »

I'm watching as well... waiting for the time when I can enter the arena and kill some forum dwellers. Or die gloriously. Or die curled up in the fetal position, crying and whimpering while covered in dirt and blood. I guess that really depends on where we are when I finally get a chance to enter the arena. :)
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2011, 09:53:13 pm »

If Sinpwn makes it to my corner, run at him like a madman and swing my swordchucks at him. Otherwise, make my way to the center area.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2011, 10:21:37 pm »

Head to the center and stab anybody there.
If no one is there, then practice dodging.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2011, 10:27:59 pm »

I am certainly watching.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2011, 10:39:11 pm »

Bulldog:  Stab... with a greataxe?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Turn 1/10
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2011, 11:34:13 pm »

TURN ONE OF TEN
Roll to DODGE, people! DODGE!

Teleport micelus to the middle while I run to the North-East.

[4] Sinpwn reaches out with his will, enveloping Micelus in a mystical blue aura! In a flash of light, Micelus disappears, only to reappear in the exact Center of the map! Seeing a small mob of combatants approaching, Sinpwn then retreats to the North-East segment of the disk!

Focus on dodging attacks.

[2] Micelus prepares to avoid any attack! Step one, clear your mind of whimsy- well that shouldn't be too hard, not like there's much to think about really, the round's only just started so nobody is weak and hurt and WAIT this isn't clearing your mind of whimsy, c'mon, concentrate, ignore the howling pit fiends over there, they probably wouldn't be allowed near the arena if they could actually attack you right? Well I suppose there was a bunch of lions and a pig that last time but they weren't all that threatening and just because these guys shoot fire is no reason to think they're any more difficult, come to think of it the shooting fire thing is weird, huh, what mythology has that, we can probably figure out whose hell we're in just by identifying the dominant characteristic of the hell denizens-

Micelus fails to clear his mind of whimsy!

If Sinpwn makes it to my corner, run at him like a madman and swing my swordchucks at him. Otherwise, make my way to the center area.

[2]  Gatleos prepares to unleash whirling bladed death on Sinpwn- just as soon as he gets here! ...oh wait, he's running to the North EAST, not the North WEST. Stupid poorly designed map, why isn't it oriented on cardinal directions? To avoid future embarrassments like that, Gatleos heads to the Center of the disk.

Run to the middle and stab the first person I see there.  If no one is present, do some pushups instead.

Toaster runs to the Center of the map, brandishing his dagger like a crazy person! Seeing Gatleos arrive at the same time, Toaster slashes at him! [2]vs[3] Gatleos avoids the blow!

Head to the center and stab anybody there.
If no one is there, then practice dodging.

Bulldog rushes to the Center of the map and finding quite the little party he decides to stab everyone! [1] Unfortunately, as he attacks Micelus he discovers that axes are slashing weapons, not stabbing! His poor technique leaves him horrible exposed for a counterstrike, [1] but Micelus forgets his Musket lacks a bayonet, so his stabbing is equally ineffective! Bulldog takes advantage of the opportunity to correct his technique, [6]+1vs[6] and his axe slices across Micelus's chest, dealing ONE damage!

Bulldog then turns on Gatleos, [4]+1-1vs[1] and his axe bites deep into Gatleos's shoulder, dealing THREE damage! Gatleos's Swordchuck-arm goes rigid with pain, imposing a -1 penalty to attack rolls for three turns!

Bulldog finishes off by slashing at Toaster for mocking his form, [3]+1-2vs[1] and cuts across the inside of his elbow for ONE damage! Toaster staggers back, wincing and clutching at his arm- he suffers a -1 penalty to attack rolls for one turn!

GREAT, WHAT NOW?

The runes in the North-East and North-West begin to flash! Something is happening... but what?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
GATLEOS
Currently: Bleeding all over the Center
HP- 7/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Swordchucks
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Arm- Moderate Wound
SINPWN
Currently: Wondering if the magic demon runes in the North-East will do something good or bad...
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Tattered Garments
Spells- Force Bolt, Teleport
Status- Normal
MICELUS
Currently: Reminding himself how to shoot a gun in the Center
HP- 9/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Musket(10 ammo)
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
TOASTER
Currently: Regretting his taunt in the Center
HP- 9/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Poisoned Dagger
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Arm- Minor Wound
BULLDOG
Currently: Kicking ass and taking names in the Center
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Greataxe
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2011, 11:54:44 pm »

Do the safety dance. Sweet moves shall protect me from the negative effects of the runes! Oh, and teleport Bulldog to the north-west.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2011, 12:01:32 am »

Close range shot at Gatleos!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2011, 12:10:43 am »

EDIT: AHHH NINJAS!  Say, how many non-current-players out there are paying attention to this thread? It wouldn't be too hard to throw some audience participation up in here.

I'm following pretty closely. Uh, and requesting to get on the waitlist again. My first request seems to have been overlooked. ??? I can't think of a clever name, so I'll just go with my forum handle if that's alright.
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32