Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 106407 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Grapple in Gehenna
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2011, 12:11:46 am »

I've been following it lately. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2011, 12:21:03 am »

EDIT: AHHH NINJAS!  Say, how many non-current-players out there are paying attention to this thread? It wouldn't be too hard to throw some audience participation up in here.

I'm following pretty closely. Uh, and requesting to get on the waitlist again. My first request seems to have been overlooked. ??? I can't think of a clever name, so I'll just go with my forum handle if that's alright.

Eh? ......oh, THERE you are! My bad, I'll stick you in between adwarf and TCM where you belong. If I keep rolling 1's like this, we'll get you to the front of that waitlist in no time!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2011, 12:36:54 am »

Stab Bulldog twice if he's still there!  Otherwise, Gatleos looks like a good target.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2011, 02:02:19 am »

Start screaming and foaming at the mouth, and swing my swordchucks at Micelus with all my might!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2011, 11:11:31 am »

Bulldog:  Stab... with a greataxe?

Oops.  :P

Guess I need more sleep.

If I'm still in the center then slash Toaster three times if possible, otherwise slash twice.
If I'm not in the center, then stay a safe distance from the runes, running back to the center if I must, and try to figure out what they do.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2011, 05:52:35 pm »

I'd like to get into the watchlist.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2011, 09:07:19 pm »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Turn 2/10
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2011, 10:54:21 pm »

TURN TWO OF TEN
In which Gatleos rolls poorly

Do the safety dance. Sweet moves shall protect me from the negative effects of the runes! Oh, and teleport Bulldog to the north-west.

[6] Sinpwn begins jumping around like a crazy person while singing!

We can dance if we want to!
We've got all your life, and mine.
As long as we abuse it,
Never gonna lose it.
Everything will work out right.

We can dance if we want to!
We can leave your friends behind.
Cause' your friend don't dance,
and if they don't dance, well they're
no friends of mine.

His random leaping grants a +1 bonus to dodge rolls until the end of the turn, but his ululations appear to enrage the surrounding demons! They begin throwing themselves at the arena, but are repulsed by a flashing blue shield! Howling, the repeatedly hurl every power at their disposal into destroying the barrier between themselves and the arena!

[6] In the midst of his musical number, Sinpwn teleports Bulldog to the North-West segment of the map!

Start screaming and foaming at the mouth, and swing my swordchucks at Micelus with all my might!

Gatleos is driven mad by Sinpwn's singing, and in a frenzy he lashes at Micelus with his Swordchucks! [6]+2-1vs[3] Micelus leaps back, but not fast enough to avoid Gatleos's twirling blades of death! One of the swords carves a great furrow across his back, dealing FOUR damage!

Close range shot at Gatleos!

Micelus retaliates, raising his musket to his shoulder and firing! [4]+1vs[1] The musketball lodges in Gatleos's knee, dealing FOUR damage and imposing a -2 penalty to dodge rolls until the end of turn 3!

Stab Bulldog twice if he's still there!  Otherwise, Gatleos looks like a good target.

Cursing as his target is whisked away by Sinpwn, Toaster decides to attack Gatleos instead! [2]-1vs[1]-2 Toaster's slash carves a gash across Gatleos's forehead, dealing ONE damage! Blood gushes from the wound, pouring into Gatleos's eyes and imposing a -1 penalty to attack/dodge rolls until the end of turn 3! As well, poison courses through Gatleos's veins- he must roll to dodge poison damage at the start of every turn until cured!

If I'm still in the center then slash Toaster three times if possible, otherwise slash twice.
If I'm not in the center, then stay a safe distance from the runes, running back to the center if I must, and try to figure out what they do.

[1] Bulldog prepares to strike down Toaster, but is suddenly whisked away to the North-West! He notices that the runes are mostly inscribed about the border of the region- CLEARLY, the best choice is to stay in the middle, far away from them! He tries to decipher what they will do- they look somewhat like the runes on his greataxe, come to think...

Toaster regains feeling in his arm, his wound no longer inhibiting his aim!

GREAT, WHAT NOW?

The runes in the North-East explode into color! Yellow light rushes up to form a ball above that segment of the disk, compressing, squeezing down into a single incandescent point... before EXPLODING into a wall of flame that sears the length of the disk!

Oh Shit!

Sinpwn is standing directly beneath the inferno, and has a more difficult time dodging the blast! [4]+1-1 His safety dance proves the difference, and he manages to teleport the brunt of the blast away from him, avoiding damage!

Everyone else is one segment away from the flashpoint, and thus get no special bonus or penalty to dodging the blast!

Gatleos [6]-1-2 drops to the ground (not entirely on purpose,) protecting his vital areas but exposing his back! He takes ONE damage!
Micelus [5] hides behind Toaster, and avoids all damage!
Toaster [3] shields his face with his arms, sparing himself the worst of the blast but still taking ONE damage!
Bulldog, off in the North-West, [6] cleaves the approaching wall of flame with his Greataxe! Although this spares the rest of his body, his hands are somewhat burned, imposing a -1 penalty to attack rolls until his next action!

Nobody is in the South-West, and so nobody receives a bonus to their dodge roll!

The runes in the North-West also begin to send mystical energy into the air! The blue energies fuse together, forming a large ball that collapses smaller and smaller into a small, bright point arcing magical energy! With a flash, the magics disappear, revealing a suit of armor! Every external edge appears to have been carefully fitted with a razor blade- not only is this armor a potent melee weapon in its own right, but whenever the wearer rolls a 6 on a dodge roll, he makes a free counterstrike with the armor!

As the only person in the North-West, Bulldog is quite happy to claim the armor for himself!

DEMONS DON'T DANCE

As the blue runes activate, there is the barest flicker in the shield surrounding the arena- but a flicker is all it takes for the BALROG to win his way through! Alighting in the South-West, it looses a long, terrible roar and brandishes a flaming whip and sword!

Spoiler: Balrog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
GATLEOS
Currently: Plotting the death of Edgar in the Center
HP- 1/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Swordchucks
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Head- Minor Wound, Arm- Moderate Wound, Leg- Serious Wound, Poisoned
SINPWN
Currently: Trying to get that song out of his head in the North-East
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Tattered Garments
Spells- Force Bolt, Teleport
Status- Normal
MICELUS
Currently: Exercising his right to bear arms in the Center
HP- 5/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Musket(9 ammo)-needs reloading
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
TOASTER
Currently: Channeling his inner Padan Fain in the Center
HP- 9/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Poisoned Dagger
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
Currently: Thanking Sinpwn for his sweet new threads in the North-West
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Greataxe, Razor Armor
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2011, 11:00:05 pm »

Force Bolt at Gatleos then run to South-East.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2011, 11:20:40 pm »

Teleport Gatleos to the north-east section and force bolt him. If he is already dead, teleport the Balrog to the south-east and run to the center.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2011, 11:36:02 pm »

With the force of a mighty pelvic thrust, PROPEL MYSELF SUICIDALLY TOWARD THE BALROG AND ATTEMPT TO GET ONTO ITS BACK!!

My quick demise had nothing to do with the swordchucks. Huh.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2011, 12:08:59 am »

With the force of a mighty pelvic thrust, PROPEL MYSELF SUICIDALLY TOWARD THE BALROG AND ATTEMPT TO GET ONTO ITS BACK!!

My quick demise had nothing to do with the swordchucks. Huh.

Fun fact! You've rolled 3 one's, all on defense rolls. Your average roll score is 2.85... which while not good isn't all that bad- Toaster's below you, with an average of 2. Although given your weapon choice, you could very well already be dead if those 1's had been attacks.

And this is why I'm stat collecting!

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2011, 12:11:30 am »

This is amazingly strange and awesome at the same time. I shall continue watching this!

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2011, 10:31:58 am »

Poisoned with 1 HP.  Poor Gatleos.

Double-stab Gatleos!  If he is no longer alive or in my square, doublestab Micelus.  If he's gone too, just stab any two people once, or one person twice if that's my only choice.  If nobody is there, go to a random person's square and stab them.

Hooray for conditional actions!  Do you have any problem with them, Monk?  If so, I'll curtail them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2011, 12:01:00 pm »

Naw, conditional actions are alright. Losing your action because the situation radically changed before you got to act is lame.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32