Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 106412 times)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Grapple in Gehenna
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2011, 02:19:48 pm »

Run to wherever Gatleos is and finish him! If he is dead or with the Balrog then run to wherever Sinpwn is and double slash him!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Turn 3/10
« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2011, 04:18:18 pm »

TURN THREE OF TEN
In which the inevitable happens

With the force of a mighty pelvic thrust, PROPEL MYSELF SUICIDALLY TOWARD THE BALROG AND ATTEMPT TO GET ONTO ITS BACK!!

My quick demise had nothing to do with the swordchucks. Huh.

[6] Using the power of PURE RAGE, Gatleos burns his system clean of the poison! The deadly concoction has left him somewhat weak in the knees, however, and he suffers a -1 penalty to dodge rolls until the end of turn!

Aware that he is something of a wounded gazelle in the midst of a pride of lions, Gatleos looks around for cover! The disk is flat and featureless, but there is a Balrog! [5] Running to the South-West, Gatleos unleashes a MIGHTY PELVIC THRUST, signature move of his people! The force of this thrust is such that he launches himself into the air, past the head of the rather surprised Balrog and lands on its shoulder! From this height, melee attacks against Gatleos suffer a -2 penalty so long as he is atop the Balrog!!

Teleport Gatleos to the north-east section and force bolt him. If he is already dead, teleport the Balrog to the south-east and run to the center.

[5] Sinpwn watches Gatleos's acrobatics in awe, then promptly teleports him to the North-East! Gatleos looks rather startled as Sinpwn straightens his hand and blasts away with a bolt of magic! [1] Unfortunately for Sinpwn, he sneezes as he attempts to cast the spell, and Gatleos immediately lashes out with his Swordchucks! [1] Gatleos is still off-balance from his teleport, however, and the swordchuck chain wraps around his arm! [4]+2vs[4]-1-1-2 The sword whips blindingly fast around the arm and strikes Gatleos in the head, and the severed part flies off in an arc!

Gatleos has been struck down!

Poisoned with 1 HP.  Poor Gatleos.

Double-stab Gatleos!  If he is no longer alive or in my square, doublestab Micelus.  If he's gone too, just stab any two people once, or one person twice if that's my only choice.  If nobody is there, go to a random person's square and stab them.

Hooray for conditional actions!  Do you have any problem with them, Monk?  If so, I'll curtail them.

Toaster is sad that he didn't get points for Gatleos's demise, but he knows just the thing to cheer him up- Stabbing spree! [5]vs[4] His first stab grazes Micelus's shoulder for ONE damage, [1] but he overextends on his second stab, leaving an opportunity for a counterstrike! [6]vs[3] Micelus unleashes a Force Bolt at Toaster, and his yellow ball of energy slams Toaster in the back, dealing THREE damage! But Toaster has the last laugh- even now, Poison courses through the veins of Micelus!

Force Bolt at Gatleos then run to South-East.

[4] Micelus's body fights off the poison for this turn, but is unable to cleanse it from his system! Since Gatleos is already dead, Micelus elects to retreat to the South-East!

Run to wherever Gatleos is and finish him! If he is dead or with the Balrog then run to wherever Sinpwn is and double slash him!

Bulldog sprints across the nothern edge of the disk, but is too late to shank Gatleos! Instead, he turns his axe against Sinpwn, [2]+1vs[6], who nimbly dodges away! He strikes again, [6]+1-1vs[1] and this time hacks deeply into his right leg, dealing FIVE damage! The leg is seriously wounded, imposing a -2 penalty to dodge rolls until the end of turn five!

There is a pair of Swordchucks in the North-East. Gatleos's corpse and garments appear to have vanished, though...

DEMONS DON'T DANCE

The Balrog roars in rage and lashes at Sinpwn with his whip! [3] The whip coils about Sinpwn's foot, and he is dragged towards the Balrog! Before he is drawn all the way to the South-West, however, Sinpwn escapes the whip, and stands in the Center

GREAT, WHAT NOW?

The runes in the South-West and South-East begin to flash! What effect will these have...

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ENTERED THE ARENA!

In a flash of blue light, JACEN appears in the North-West! He wields a wicked Scythe, ready to reap a harvest of death!

Spoiler: Balrog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
JACEN
Currently: Appearing in the North-West
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Scythe
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
SINPWN
Currently: Demanding credit for assisted suicide in the Center
HP- 5/10
Inventory-  Tattered Garments
Spells- Force Bolt, Teleport
Status- Leg- Serious Wound
MICELUS
Currently: Wishing he had an Antidote in the South-East
HP- 4/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Musket(9 ammo)-needs reloading
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Poison
TOASTER
Currently: Wishing he could deal more than one freakin' damage in the Center
HP- 6/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Poisoned Dagger
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
Currently: Hitting double-digit damage totals in the North-East
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Greataxe, Razor Armor
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2011, 04:22:45 pm »

I'm calling it now, Gatleos will decimate everything with those swordchucks.

I'm calling it now, Gatleos dies in the first five rounds.

Winner! Have a cookie!

Welp, didn't foresee that end for Gatleos- well, alright, I did, but not in that specific manner. Would you like me to throw you on the aft end of the waitlist, Gatleos? Gotta figure you can't have that kind of luck two goes in a row, and the way this round's going you might end up back in action by Round Three :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2011, 04:30:45 pm »

Hey, there's a guy with -2 dodge in my space?  What to do...

Double stab Sinpwn!  If he's gone, move to his square and stab him once.  If he's dead, move to Micelus' square and stab him!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2011, 04:45:11 pm »

Teleport to the South-east and force bolt Toaster if he is there. Force bolt micelus if not.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2011, 04:53:58 pm »

Also, well played Gatleos.  Your own turn was impressive, at least.  I don't think you'll be the first to go this round...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2011, 05:10:57 pm »

Reload musket and fire at nearest person.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2011, 05:52:32 pm »

Run over to Sinpwn and double slash him! If he is dead, double slash Toaster!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2011, 07:59:30 pm »

Go harvest Toaster. If he moves, follow him.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2011, 09:16:20 pm »

I'm calling it now, Gatleos will decimate everything with those swordchucks.

I'm calling it now, Gatleos dies in the first five rounds.

Winner! Have a cookie!

Welp, didn't foresee that end for Gatleos- well, alright, I did, but not in that specific manner. Would you like me to throw you on the aft end of the waitlist, Gatleos? Gotta figure you can't have that kind of luck two goes in a row, and the way this round's going you might end up back in action by Round Three :P
I leapt onto a Balrog's back, got teleported off the Balrog's back, then sliced my own head off with a pair of swordchucks.

Waitlist, please. :P
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Turn 4/10
« Reply #160 on: November 30, 2011, 09:48:29 pm »

TURN FOUR OF TEN
In which the waitlist shortens

Teleport to the South-east and force bolt Toaster if he is there. Force bolt micelus if not.

[6] Sinpwn effortlessly teleports to the South-East- since Toaster isn't here yet, Sinpwn decides to blast Micelus! [4]vs[6] Micelus backflips away from the magical strike!

Hey, there's a guy with -2 dodge in my space?  What to do...

Double stab Sinpwn!  If he's gone, move to his square and stab him once.  If he's dead, move to Micelus' square and stab him!

Toaster runs South-East after Sinpwn, [6]-1vs[5]-2 and gashes his arm, dealing TWO damage and poisoning him!

Run over to Sinpwn and double slash him! If he is dead, double slash Toaster!

Bulldog pursues Sinpwn South-East, [4]-1+1vs[4]-2 and his Greataxe cuts deeply into Sinpwn's side, dealing TWO damage! He swings again, going for the kill, [6]-1-1+1vs[3]-2 and his axe rends Sinpwn in two, scoring Bulldog a mean TEN POINTS!

Sinpwn has been struck down! A Scroll of Teleport falls to the ground in the South-East.

Go harvest Toaster. If he moves, follow him.

Jacen decides he'd like to join the party in the South-East, [4] and successfully sprints that entire distance! He viciously swings his Scythe, [6]-1vs[2], slashing Toaster for THREE damage!

Reload musket and fire at nearest person.

[3] Micelus's strong constitution keeps him from taking Poison damage, but his vision momentarily goes bleary, imposing a -1 penalty to attack rolls until end of turn!  He reloads his Musket- then, seeing that everyone is in the same zone as him, he fires randomly at Toaster! [3]+1-1-1vs[1] The musket ball strikes Toaster in the gut, dealing ONE damage and making Toaster nauseated until the end of turn 5!

There is a pair of Swordchucks in the North-East and a Scroll of Teleport in the South-East.

DEMONS DON'T DANCE

The Balrog charges the combatants in the South-East, laying about him with his sword! [4] He attacks Bulldog, [5]+1-1vs[2], slashing Bulldog's chest and dealing THREE damage!

GREAT, WHAT NOW?

The runes in the South-West blaze with an unholy red light! Spectral red energies twist and merge, creating a swirling mass in the air. Suddenly, the vortex splits, depositing a Death Knight on the surface of the disk! The Death Knight is a fearsome opponent, wielding his life-draining sword to deadly effect! But, whoever slays the dread creature will be able to claim the sword for themselves!

The combatants in the South-East are surrounded by phosphorescent green fire! The glowing magical energies gather in the air, swirling, before falling back to the disk as eerie green flames! THEY BURN!

Oh Shit!

Jacen [3] leaps away from the falling flames, but an errant ember burns his leg, imposing a -1 penalty to dodge rolls until the end of turn five!
Micelus [5] neatly force-bolts the falling fire, leaving himself in a small circle clear of the fire!
Toaster [1] mistakenly believes that the fire will heal him, and jumps face-first into a great big ball of it! It HORRIBLY BURNS HIM to the tune of TWO damage!
Bulldog [2] turns to run, but a large clump of fire strikes him in the back, dealing ONE damage!
The Balrog [4] sweeps the air above him with his flaming whip, protecting himself from the falling fire!

The Death Knight is safely outside the area of effect of the green fire.

As the fire lands, it begins to spread, blazing higher! The South-East is afire, and everyone who starts their action there must dodge the spreading flames to avoid damage! Everyone, that is, except MICELUS, whose proactive fire clearing approach has left him a narrow avenue of escape, this turn only!

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ENTERED THE ARENA!

In a flash of blue light, G appears in the North-West! He reads from a scroll, learning the spell Fireball, a spell deadly against groups of enemies that can strike from anywhere!

Spoiler: Balrog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Death Knight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

JACEN
Currently: Harvesting the SHIT out of Toaster in the South-East
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Scythe
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Leg- Burned
G
Currently: Appearing in the North-West
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Tattered Garments
Spells- Force Bolt, Fireball
Status- Normal
MICELUS
Currently: Wondering how a gut shot can do so little damage in the South-East
HP- 4/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Musket(9 ammo)-needs reloading
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Poison
TOASTER
Currently: Making poor decisions in the South-East
HP- 3/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Poisoned Dagger
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Nauseated
BULLDOG
Currently: Taking the lead in the South-East
HP- 6/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Greataxe, Razor Armor
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2011, 09:54:43 pm »

OK. Who wants to kill them self so I can get into the game?
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2011, 09:59:29 pm »

OK. Who wants to kill them self so I can get into the game?

Well, we're 4 turns in, we've seen 2 fatalities and 2 more are in the danger zone. We'll PROBABLY see another death before long. :P

Speaking of fatalities, want me to throw you back on the waitlist, Sinpwn?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2011, 10:00:42 pm »

I hate to say so, but shouldn't I be dead of fire-related burning?  (Waitlist me if so, please.)

If not, Grab the Teleport Scroll and teleport to safety (The northeast!)  Then teleport that demon's awesome sword into my hands.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2011, 10:09:46 pm »

Wait list please monk.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32