Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 106446 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Turn 5/10
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2011, 11:27:02 pm »

TURN FIVE OF TEN
In which the unlikely happens

Grab the Teleport Scroll and teleport to safety (The northeast!)  Then teleport that demon's awesome sword into my hands.

[5] Toaster suppresses his nausea, [4] and also avoids burning himself in the flaming South-East! Snatching up the teleport scroll, he quickly learns the spell of Teleport! [6] Using his powerful new spell, Toaster teleports out of the flaming warzone, arriving safely in the North-East! [5]-1 Quickly grasping the potential applications of his new spell, Toaster summons the Death Knight's Lifedrinker to his hand! The Death Knight appears enraged!

DODGE, MOTHERFUCKER! Cast Fireball at the South-east.

G, smelling an opportunity in the South-East, throws a Fireball at the zone!

[5]-1vs[1]-1 Jacen turns to face the fireball right as it explodes! He throws up his arms to protect his face, but still takes FOUR damage! His arms are horribly burned, imposing a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of turn 6!
[2]-1vs[3] Micelus drops to the ground, and the sheet of flame passes harmlessly overhead!
[3]-1vs[5] Bulldog follows Micelus's example, rolling under the the flame and regaining his feet as it passes!

Attack Micelus!

[5] Jacen puts the blade of his scythe on the ground and sleeps his immediate area clear of the sticky green fire! Not only does he avoid damage this turn, but he need not roll to dodge the fire next turn either! He slashes at Micelus, [2]-2vs[3] but his strike is pitifully slow, hampered by his painful burns!

Reload and fire at Toaster. If he's no longer within reach, fire at Balrog.

[3] Micelus's system begins to weaken as the Poison continues its insidious work- his arms clench, imposing a -1 attack penalty until end of turn! Grimly reloading his musket, he shoulders the weapon despite the pain and fires at Toaster! [5]+1-1-1vs[2] The musket ball catches Toaster in the chest, dealing TWO damage!

Slash Toaster then grab the teleport scroll and teleport to the northeast then teleport the death knight's sword to my hand and dualwield. 8)
If I don't get the scroll then just run to the northeast and slash Toaster if he is there.

[2] Bulldog leaps to grab the scroll before Toaster, but lands in a clump of the green fire! The flames sear him for ONE damage! Undeterred, Bulldog pursues Toaster to the North-East, hoping to land a killing blow! [4]-1+1vs[5] Toaster agilely dodges as Bulldog rushes by!

There is a pair of Swordchucks in the North-East.

DEMONS DON'T DANCE

The Balrog [5] contemptuously sweeps away the green flames with his flaming hellsword, giving himself a wide berth! [4] He decides to attack Toaster this round, and lashes at him with his whip! [1] Unfortunately, his whip is unable to cleanly slice through the globs of green fire, and his attack is ineffective!

The Death Knight [4] implacably charges toward Toaster in the North-East! He skids to a halt as Toaster brandishes his Lifedrinker threateningly! Deliberately, the Death Knight stoops and picks up the Swordchucks! HAVE AT THEE, VILLAIN!

Haunt Swordchucks

OOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOO!!!
What devilry is this!?!
I! Am the spirit of Gaaatleooooooos! OOOooOOO!
Does your spirit curse this dread weapon, making it a bane unto all who wield it?
Not more than uuuuuusuaaaaaal! OooooOOOOOOOooooo!
Do you confer a bonus of any kind, that I might more readily avenge you?
Nope, I'm just here to be amuuuuuu-
SILENCE!

GREAT, WHAT NOW?

The runes in the Center begin to flash! What lunacy is next!?!

Spoiler: Balrog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Death Knight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
JACEN
Currently: Doing a pretty good job of fighting Fire, if nothing else South-East
HP- 6/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Scythe
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Arm- Moderate Wound
G
Currently: Blowing shit up from the North-West
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Tattered Garments
Spells- Force Bolt, Fireball
Status- Normal
MICELUS
Currently: Cursing poison in the South-East
HP- 4/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Musket(7 ammo)-needs reloading
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Poison
TOASTER
Currently: Getting ready for the rumble of the century in the North-East
HP- 1/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Poisoned Dagger, Lifedrinker
Spells- Force Bolt, Teleport
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
Currently: Slashing at the weakest link in the North-East
HP- 5/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Greataxe, Razor Armor
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Grapple in Gehenna
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2011, 11:32:06 pm »

Super happy fun stat time!

Prior to this turn, Toaster was averaging a 2.4 on his rolls- after, he's all the way up to 3.1! Unfortunately, the two deceased combatants both had higher totals at the time of their death- Gatleos finished with a 3.2, and Sinpwn wiped with a 4.2! Will Toaster's skill and recent run of luck prove the difference with five turns to play? STAY TUNED!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2011, 11:43:47 pm »

Holy shit

It's made even better when you realize that poison saved my life.

Double slice that Death Knight!

So... want to ignore me right back, BullDog?  <3?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2011, 11:46:25 pm »

Run to North-East and force bolt Toaster. Or if he's dead, Bulldog.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2011, 01:05:13 am »

If Micelus is here, then double slash him and slash the death knight once. If he isn't then slash the death knight three times.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2011, 01:12:12 pm »

And the Lord God did say, "Thou shalt not suffer a Death Knight with Swordchucks to live."

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2011, 02:34:13 pm »

Force bolt someone in my area, then run to the center. Glowing runes must mean something good!
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2011, 12:14:36 am »

Slide in to the Noth-east and fire a force bolt at Toaster.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Turn 6/10
« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2011, 01:13:18 am »

TURN SIX OF TEN
In which something is strange (in the neighborhood)

Force bolt someone in my area, then run to the center. Glowing runes must mean something good!

Jacen takes advantage of his fire-free immediate area and fires a bolt of Force at Micelus! [5]-2vs[5] His stiff, burned arms once again betray him, and his slow aim is easy for Micelus to dodge! Feeling an unexplained optimism, Jacen hustles to the Center, ready to fully experience the effects of the runes!

Run to North-East and force bolt Toaster. Or if he's dead, Bulldog.

[5] Micelus's immune system finally cleanses his body of the poison, with no side-effects! Micelus prepares to avenge himself on Toaster for that long-running indignity, running North-East and attacking Toaster! [2]-1vs[1] Toaster moves forward to attack, but trips, inadvertently saving his life! Unfortunately, he twists his ankle, imposing a -1 penalty to dodge rolls until the end of turn!

Slide in to the Noth-east and fire a force bolt at Toaster.

Seeing Toaster go down clutching his ankle, G moves in for the kill! Running to the North-East, [3]-1vs[1]-1 G places his hand on Toaster's forehead before unleashing a mighty Force Blast! Toaster's head is liquified!

Toaster has been struck down! G gets TEN POINTS for the frag!

If Micelus is here, then double slash him and slash the death knight once. If he isn't then slash the death knight three times.

With Toaster now a smear of red jelly, Bulldog turns his attention to the next weakest player- Micelus! [3]+1vs[5] [4]+1-1vs[1] Micelus dodges the first slash, but falls offbalance, and Bulldog slashes open his gut! Micelus takes THREE damage, and his horribly mutilated guts have given him extreme nausea!

Although Micelus is near finished, Bulldog can't help but notice the angry Death Knight with the Swordchucks behind him, and decides this situation requires a proactive approach. [3]+2-2vs[3] His slash narrowly whistles past as the Death Knight ducks the blow, the runes of the Greataxe flaring brightly!

Double slice that Death Knight!

[1] Toaster fails to derive much comfort from the fact that, even had he lived this long, he would have likely been sliced into tiny pieces by the Death Knight's swordchuck-fueled counterattack; really, he's too busy being angry he rolled 3 consecutive 1's this turn.

Jacen's arm heals!
There is a Poisoned Dagger, Lifedrinker, and a Scroll of Teleport in the North-East.

DEMONS DON'T DANCE

The Balrog is infuriated that everyone is ignoring him! [6] He lashes at G with his whip! G is surprised by the attack, and the Balrog is able to bodily rip G back into the flaming South-East!

The Death Knight strikes back at Bulldog, [1] but he accidentally gets the Swordchuck chains wrapped around his neck! [4]+2vs[5] The force of the spinning swordchuck chokes the Death Knight for ONE damage! Bulldog takes advantage of the opportunity to attack him again, [1] but has to dive to the ground to avoid the other end of the Swordchucks! The Death Knight seizes the chance to attack, [2]+2vs[2] and his wild swing connects, dealing TWO damage!

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE- WHO YA GONNA CALL?

The runes in the Center flash faster and faster, before suddenly merging in the center of the arena! They spin rapidly, tighter and tighter before suddenly blossoming out into a portal to the Realm of the Damned! Lost souls begin to howl through the Portal, and Eleven escape before the Crypt-Keeper leaps through and shuts the Gate! A massive, cloaked skeleton with a flaming scythe, the Crypt-Keeper announces Whosoever brings me the most Lost Souls shall be handsomely rewarded! Capturing the souls requires a standard Roll to Catch, with a -1 penalty for each additional soul you try to catch in the same round (so basically multiattack for ghost-busting.) The player with the most souls will receive the Crypt-Keeper's boon, as well as FIVE POINTS!

Jacen is the only player in the Center- [6] thinking fast, he leaps and grabs one of the souls as it exits the portal! Doing so forces him to stare into the unspeakable horrors of the Realm of the Damned, however, which is surprisingly only a -1 to attack rolls until the end of turn seven!

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ENTERED THE ARENA!

In a flash of blue light, SPARTAN appears in the North-West! He wears an Amulet of Spell Resistance, providing him a +2 bonus to dodge rolls against magical attacks!

Spoiler: Balrog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Death Knight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crypt-Keeper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Soul Locations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

JACEN
Currently: Reaping the benefits of optimism in the Center
HP- 6/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Scythe, ONE Soul!
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Has seen things
G
Currently: Tied for the lead and toe-to-toe with a Balrog in the South-East
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Tattered Garments
Spells- Force Bolt, Fireball
Status- Normal
MICELUS
Currently: Cursing kill-stealing bastards in the North-East
HP- 1/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Musket(7 ammo)-needs reloading
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Extreme Nausea
SPARTAN
Currently: Spawning in (where else?) the North-West
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Amulet of Spell Resistance
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
Currently: Duking it out, Greataxe vs Swordchucks for Deadliest Weapon in the North-East
HP- 3/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Greataxe, Razor Armor
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 04, 2011, 01:15:06 am »

Sacrafice myself to the Dark Powers to make the lives of living combatants a living hell worse than usual!.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:58:09 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 04, 2011, 01:38:47 am »

Unexpected plan is unexpected!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 04, 2011, 07:54:55 am »

Sadly, my "Cursed by the RNG" debuff reared its ugly head after taking one turn off.  Oh well!

Waitlist!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2011, 08:15:20 am »

Charge at Spartan and interrupt his Force Bolt.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:05:46 am by Hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2011, 09:55:06 am »

Finish off Micelus with a Force Bolt. If he's already dead Force Bolt Bulldog
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 04, 2011, 10:30:43 am »

Grab a soul, then run to and attack Micelus. If he's not there, attack Death Knight.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32