Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 106377 times)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Grapple in Gehenna
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »

Pick up the scroll, Lifedrinker and dagger, slash at Micelus with the axe if he is alive, else slash the death knight with the sword. Then transport to the sw and grab a soul.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:37:37 pm by BullDog »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2011, 09:37:31 pm »

Sadly, my "Cursed by the RNG" debuff reared its ugly head after taking one turn off.  Oh well!

Waitlist!

And waitlisted (wow, Draignean is all the way up to 4 again. This arena WAS deadly.)

Toaster finished with an average roll of 2.8, and seems to not only be front-runner for Unluckiest, but in the running for Best Death. The swordchucks made another appearance, and have thus far dealt 6 damage to opponents and 2 to wielders- this is skewed somewhat by killing Gatleos when he only had 1 hp to lose, so it would have been more like 6:4.

Turn up soon!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Turn 7/10
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2011, 11:02:31 pm »

TURN SEVEN OF TEN
In which a bargain is struck

Pick up the scroll, Lifedrinker and dagger, slash at Micelus with the axe if he is alive, else slash the death knight with the sword. Then transport to the sw and grab a soul.

Bulldog scoops up the Scroll of Teleport, [6] the Lifedrinker, [3] and fumbles the Dagger! Seeing Micelus prepare to do something unspeakable, Bulldog slashes with his Axe, [2]+1vs[1] and his axe carves through the gash he made last turn, spilling Micelus's guts!

Micelus has been struck down! Bulldog receives TEN POINTS for the frag! He stows away his axe and draws his shiny new Lifedrinker [2] and attempts to teleport across the map, but the spell fizzles! He leaps for a soul in his current area, [3] but just misses!

Sacrafice myself to the Dark Powers to make the lives of living combatants a living hell worse than usual!.

[5] Micelus's soul looks down on his body, as he begins to float invisibly away. He glides over to the Crypt-Keeper.

So, I guess this is it, huh? Time for an eternity of pain and torment then?
What? No, you have to do something bad for that to happen.
Like kill a lot of people in a deathmatch?
You never killed anyone.
I killed a Lion! AND I stabbed a bunch of dudes!
That doesn't count. You'd have to do something downright evil, or sell your soul or something.
Sell my soul, eh? Is that door still open?
I... what? This isn't how this conversation normally goes.
C'mon, you can have my soul in exchange for making this arena hell!
This arena IS hell!
Then make it MORE of a hell! What, my soul isn't good enough for ya?
Have it your way then- your soul, in exchange for the misery of the living.

Charge at Spartan and interrupt his Force Bolt.

[6] G easily avoids the flames surrounding him and, seeing Spartan run to finish off Bulldog, runs North-East to interrupt him! [4]-1 He leaps, but is unable to tackle Spartan! G does manage to give him a good shove though, throwing him off-balance and imposing a -1 penalty to his next roll!

Grab a soul, then run to and attack Micelus. If he's not there, attack Death Knight.

[3] Jacen leaps to grab a soul, but it slips through his fingers- this is harder than it looks! He then runs to the North-East and slashes at the Death Knight with his scythe! [3]-1vs[1] He cracks the Death Knight across the jaw for ONE damage! The Death Knight shakes his head, clearly rattled- he receives a -1 penalty to attack AND dodge until the end of turn eight!

Finish off Micelus with a Force Bolt. If he's already dead Force Bolt Bulldog

Spartan runs over to the North-East, and throws a Force Bolt at Bulldog! As he attacks, G jostles his arm, fouling his aim! [3]-1-1vs[3] His attack misses by a mile!

There is a Poisoned Dagger and a Musket(7 ammo)-needs reloading in the North-East.

DEMONS DON'T DANCE

The Balrog [5] once more lashes at G with his whip! He catches G by the ankle, ripping him back into the South-East!

The Death Knight retaliates against Jacen, [4]+2-1vs[1] and his whirling Swordchucks bite deeply into Jacen's leg, dealing FOUR damage and imposing a -2 penalty to dodge rolls until the end of turn nine!

DAMMIT MICELUS!

The light in all the runes flickers and dies- the very air appears to darken. Suddenly ALL the runes begin to coruscate through a rainbow of colors, and you can feel intense magical energies being brought to bear! Shit be wack, yo!

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE- WHO YA GONNA CALL?- Whoever captures the most souls receives FIVE points!
Spoiler: Balrog (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Death Knight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crypt-Keeper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Soul Locations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
JACEN
Currently: Feeling the fury of the Swordchuck Menace in the North-East
HP- 2/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Scythe, ONE Soul!
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Leg- Serious Wound
G
Currently: Standing up AGAIN in the South-East
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Tattered Garments
Spells- Force Bolt, Fireball
Status- Normal
RIP Micelus
SPARTAN
Currently: Getting bolt-blocked by G in the North-East
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Amulet of Spell Resistance
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
Currently: Loading up on items in the North-East
HP- 3/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Greataxe, Razor Armor, Lifedrinker
Spells- Force Bolt, Teleport
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)

***THREE TURNS LEFT***
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:56:32 pm by monk12 »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2011, 11:10:25 pm »

Micelus finishes this round rolling an average of 3.7- he has also dealt the second most damage thus far with 7. His 5 is also the highest final roll of a dead guy, beating out Gatleos's 4. Although, the 5 was technically rolled first (as the first roll of his turn that determined his initiative,) and the 1 that killed him was last. Want me to toss ya on the aft end of the waitlist, Micelus?

As before, there are no new combatants in the last three turns of the round, both to prevent excessive kill-stealing and to help these last few actions pass more quickly.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2011, 11:14:38 pm »

Yeah...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2011, 11:33:27 pm »

What happens if everyone dies before the round is over?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2011, 11:34:33 pm »

I win.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2011, 11:37:29 pm »

Request:  Start an ordered "Death List" with an ordered list of casualties, with a blurb of how they died and optionally a link to their death.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2011, 12:04:48 am »

Request:  Start an ordered "Death List" with an ordered list of casualties, with a blurb of how they died and optionally a link to their death.

Done and done- the Leaderboard has been done up Nethack style, so when you die your point total for the run is saved with a link to your death, as well as a brief description of cause of death and the round it occurred in. I'm debating whether (and where) to add how many rounds the player was alive. I'll probably poke it more later- yell if I missed anyone (I'm pretty sure I got everyone.)

I also plan to use the Round Summary post to house lifetime stats, records and so forth. There will also be a couple Viewer's Choice Awards as well (feel free to suggest categories!) I won't be including Round One in those stats just because I'm too lazy to go back and count up all those posts individually :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2011, 12:24:22 am »

No new challenger?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2011, 09:54:28 am »

Awesome, thanks!

Powder:
As before, there are no new combatants in the last three turns of the round, both to prevent excessive kill-stealing and to help these last few actions pass more quickly.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2011, 10:57:28 am »

Slash death knight twice, then run the the southwest. Attempt to keep lunch in stomach.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2011, 01:43:23 pm »

Slash the death knight with the sword then twice with the axe. If it is dead then slash jacen with the axe if he is here, else transport to the sw and catch a soul.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2011, 06:07:33 pm »

Spartan raised his hand and fired a point blank Force Bolt into G.
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Rockowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2011, 01:07:30 am »

Lurking no more, from the night comes forth to slay, in the name of glory, in the name of honor...

A challenger appears!

...on the waitlist.

Obligatory first-post intro: Hey guys, I've played DF for a month or three, took a break but found myself on bay12 for some reason reading stories and games like these because they're really awesome and stuff. Didn't really have a reason to register until now. I like games, Tarantino movies and enjoy listening to pretty much any kind of music as long as it's good. Favorites include Foo Fighters and Moby. btw, I've read monk's pokeyman story too. Yeah, that's pretty much it. I'd like to join the waitlist!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32